TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:
2013 Ram Blackout Express Quad Cab, 96 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 98 Nissan 240ss Never going to run

Munky's 1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4

Picked this up last night. Decided that after my first excursion with the F150 off-roading that it's too pretty and new to completely destroy...so I started looking for a replacement. The F150 will be my everyday truck and I will take it out once in a while to mud.

It's a 1993 Nissan Pathfinder SE V6 4x4 with 150k on the clock. Got it for under $1,000 locally because it needs inspection, has some small rust on the rear frame behind the wheel wells (anyone that knows these trucks knows what I'm talking about), and it needs a clutch eventually. Fully loaded with every option the offered and everything works. Fires up on the first try which is what sold me on it. Going to do a budget build on it consisting of lift, wheels, tires, upgraded clutch, various suspension upgrades and then drive it till the wheels fall off.

Only real flaw in the interior other then some cracked plastic surrounds is the drivers seat. The stitching came apart and no1 bothered to fix it.

It's been sitting for a few months so it needs a good bath. The clutch slips but I was going to upgrade anyway. And there's a missing stud on the exhaust manifold...but other than that it's a damn good truck especially for what I paid. Will make a good beater and good alternative to keeping miles off my F150.

Here's a video of my friends '93 Pathfinder from the same day I took out my F150. I will basically be mimicking his build for the most part since our trucks are identical minus all the extra options mine has.

YouTube - Dave making it up the hill climb.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
troskinatior
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #15914

My Ride:
Two Tone Piggy

DRIFT THAT **** lol
I wouldn't even lift it, I would beat it until it dies
troskinatior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:
2013 Ram Blackout Express Quad Cab, 96 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 98 Nissan 240ss Never going to run

Why would I drift this when I have an 89 240 with an LS1 swap to drift in??? Oh it's getting lifted...wouldn't make it otherwise in the places I plan to drive it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Send a message via AIM to SpEcRv9
you're not gonna bomb times square are you?
Old 05-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #5
Goddabob
Tri-State Addict

Member #5799

I like the plan. Watched the video of your buddy looked sick, where was that?
Goddabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #6
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 View Post
you're not gonna bomb times square are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddabob View Post
I like the plan. Watched the video of your buddy looked sick, where was that?
St. Claire, PA just outside of Pottsville.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #7
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:

Turns out the alternator is shot. Have a new one ordered for Monday. Also picked up my clutch yesterday. Now just need to find the time to get it to my buddies shop so we can swap it out. Then ordering the suspension lift and body lift. Then wheels and tires and then off to the trails!!!