TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #201
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Send a message via AIM to WRX_JB
Looks pretty danm good , nice work

-AWD Civic 91' - Sold -2000 Cavalier -Sold
-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
WRX_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #202
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
you've got some work to do fred....

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:25 AM   #203
WKderF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #30

My Ride:
Taste The Beast

Send a message via AIM to WKderF
lets analize those pics and list out the various parts:

1: Prodrive / Sparco Blue Suede Wheel
2: Prodrive quick release?
3: Prodrive / Sparco one Piece Carbon Fiber Bucket Seats
4: Prodrive / Sabelt Safety Harnesses
5: Prodrive Floor Mats
6: Prodrive Hat

good. now that we have a list, lets go through and talk about my feelings on each item:

1: Prodrive / Sparco Suede wheel
there was a time that I had an aftermarket steering wheel, and I did enjoy having it. however as time went on, my concern for a lack of an airbag led me to consider replacing the aftermarket wheel with an STi 3 spoke wheel - which I eventually did. it is my goal however, to obtain a steering wheel from the Prodrive P2 concept vehicle. Ive been working on finding such a piece for a year now - looks like the only one they made was the one in this picture:

2: Prodrive Quick Release
This goes hand in hand with the above comments. I will add though, that the Prodrive Quick Release is simply a rebranded NRG quick release - with a $400 pricetag as opposed to a $125 one. So if i ever did consider getting an aftermarket wheel, I simply could not see spending so much money on a genuine "Prodrive" quick release, when an NRG quick release with a Prodrive sticker is the exact same thing.

3: Prodrive / Sparco one piece Carbon Fiber Bucket Seats
These were made for Prodrive, by Sparco. many people will say that these are GENUINE Prodrive WRC seats, and are used for competition, etc. . . I have done plenty or research on this and my researh has turned up the following: Prodrive (which has managed Subaru's WRC effort since the GC chassis) has NEVER, thats right, NEVER used Sparco seats in any of Subaru's WRC or competition cars. Subaru has always used RECARO seats for their cars. while they did use SPARCO for racing suits for years, and for a short while they used SPARCO harnesses, they now use Alpine Stars for Racewear, and SABELT for harnesses. So what was the purpose of these seats? they were made for the aftermarket. they were made for the JDM market as "race" seats sold by Prodrive, but made by Sparco. they were never OEM for any limited production car. all that being said - they are nice seats, and they are made well. If my car was to be used for track purposes only, I MIGHT consider them. my reasoning if i decided against them would simply be from a level of comfort, which brings me to my last point: they were made for the JDM market - which means they are NARROW. if i did get them, I would have to hit the gym like D money to be able to fit into them.

4: Prodrive / Sabelt Safety Harnesses
ok, I WANT THEESE! no really, I do. these are quite simply SABELT harnesses, with a Prodrive patch embroidered on them. I REALLY WANT THEM. only problem is that they were made for a short while, sold out quickly, and are no longer for sale. the new problem that stems from this, is that harnesses have expiration dates. once they expire, they can no longer be used for any sanctioned racing. while this isnt an issue for a car show - I do plan to attend track events, and the more established the track or club, the more heavily they will scrutinize your safety gear. So if I plan to get them, I would want them to last me as long as possible.

5: Prodrive Floor Mats
I have them. They Rock. they are in the car as I type. I also have an extra set which im hanging on to & keeping in new condition.

6: Prodrive hat
I have one. I got it FREE from Prodrive when they still had a US location. I had simply ordered a single Prodrive decal set, which consists of 2 large, and 4 small Prodrive decals which were used for badging the 2003 Prodrive edition WRX. when the BOX arrived, it had 2 sets of decals, 2 license plate frames, a T shirt, and a hat. and a hand written note thanking me for enjoying their products.

so in conclusion, of the 6 Prodrive items this guy has, I really only have interest in the harnesses. thats it.

Last edited by WKderF; 05-12-2009 at 02:33 AM.
WKderF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:31 AM   #204
WKderF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #30

My Ride:
Taste The Beast

oh and BTW: the car in the pic has seatbelt pads on his rear seatbelts.

R I C E .
Old 05-12-2009, 07:46 AM   #205
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
I love those gauges!

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:08 AM   #206
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
lol nice analysis

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #207
jjm4life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4443

My Ride:
jew canoe

Send a message via AIM to jjm4life
damn, in depth analysis. steats are still badass looking haha
Old 05-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #208
WKderF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #30

My Ride:
Taste The Beast

Bump.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #209
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr
Yo Fred! Read your PM!
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
I am the snorlax, I speak for the strippers!
Vypurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #210
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
You bumped a year old thread. Nice.

And from what you told me at Sonic, this thing is just short of a memory.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #211
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
yeah I don't understand the bump either...

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote