TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #481
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
There are plenty of ways to keep people from doubt burnouts. It's about the staff controlling traffic and keeping them bunched up and standing in the way. I feel it could be done properly with minimal problems arising.

I understand that staff was most likely short this year and those who were on staff did good from what I saw in general.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now

Last edited by DPancoast; 04-25-2013 at 07:57 PM.
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #482
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Not bashing on the staff or anything, but it seems like they just gave up after a while from people doing the burnouts.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #483
techboy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #714

My Ride:
99 Eclipse

They did .... because 25 ppl trying to control 4000 just doesn't work out mathematically. And I can't blame them. You do what you can to try to post rules ahead of time, but unfortunately nobody really thinks about the consequences of their actions anymore ... it'll be a miracle if there's a show/meet (whatever you want to call it) next year.
techboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #484
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by techboy View Post
They did .... because 25 ppl trying to control 4000 just doesn't work out mathematically. And I can't blame them. You do what you can to try to post rules ahead of time, but unfortunately nobody really thinks about the consequences of their actions anymore ... it'll be a miracle if there's a show/meet (whatever you want to call it) next year.
Yeah, I don't know if it will be happening next year or not. If it does happen, I can almost guarantee I won't be going again.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #485
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutobahnRacer View Post
Same thing happened last year and every year before that. People did burnouts when entering too. They should have been turned away immediately. I am by no means trying to bad mouth the staff, but more could have been done than saying don't do that. Like I said, overall I had a good time, but with the crap of drugs, alcohol and burnout, no thanks.
Volunteer your time next year. That is how more can be done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #486
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm View Post
Volunteer your time next year. That is how more can be done.
If I will be given the authority to turn people away, gladly.
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #487
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslow95 View Post
Not bashing on the staff or anything, but it seems like they just gave up after a while from people doing the burnouts.
It's really hard to tell someone to leave I guess...
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #488
FazdaGt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3161

My Ride:
compensates for my size.

Send a message via AIM to FazdaGt
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
It's really hard to tell someone to leave I guess...
When the burnouts are happening in the exit line asking someone to leave isn't gonna do a whole lot of good is it?

They're already on their way out and as Adam said, it's a long straightaway to leave and most of the guys think its funny when you tell them to stop and they continue to do it the rest of the way out.

So it isn't hard at all to ask someone to leave. But when they're already leaving they really don't give a damn what you say.

Quote:
"Hi, Italy? I broke one of your Lambos, I can has new oil pan and bumper?"
FazdaGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #489
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
Perhaps TsT should just rent a car crusher and make all vehicle owners sign a waiver stating their car will be crushed if any rules are broken at the meet. That be the easiest solution IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #490
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
The police presence will solve the problem

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #491
FazdaGt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3161

My Ride:
compensates for my size.

Send a message via AIM to FazdaGt
I was going to imply they sign a waiver that we shoot their car full of paintballs if they act like an ass, but a car crusher sounds fun too!

But seriously, Dan is right. Police presence is a must with the way people act these days. It'll suck to hurt the final donation but at this point it's a necessary evil.

Quote:
"Hi, Italy? I broke one of your Lambos, I can has new oil pan and bumper?"
FazdaGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #492
rquinn19
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #24406

My Ride:
2011 WRX

IMHO I think the whole burnout thing is an over-reaction. People are gonna do what they want, regardless. As long as it's not tolerated inside the meet (ie burnout competition). When they're leaving they're leaving, so what? I understand the risk and safety issues, but the same could be seen at Atco when cars are leaving Honda Day and that's with cops nearby. I went and picked up my pre-order of Call of Duty this year at midnight and it was 90% high school kids and half of them was peeling wheels on the way out of the parking lot in their moms volvo. Same thing goes the last day at school at some high schools.

Maybe snake the entrance / exit (via cones maybe or trashcans) for one to slow cars down and two if their gonna burn out they'll be on the street?
rquinn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #493
dastpe
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23109

My Ride:
mazdaspeed3, evo8

the company i work for has a huge mustang car show every year. they had a big problem with burnouts and to solve the problem we have two state cops sitting on the drive out on on the road. this year i think we had two or three burnouts...and they all got tickets. thats about 1/10th of the burnouts we used to see. police are needed.
dastpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #494
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Thats the only way to stop asshattery, no one who is going to act like that is going to care what some random bystander says, but with police presence most of it will stop, the only issue is going to be getting the police to stay. In order to do an event that size for that length is definitely going to create an overtime issue, are they willing to do that just for a meet? Or will they just say that the crowd cant control themselves and shut the event down for good? Its mainly an issue with people learning how to act like adults.

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #495
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Yeah, we have the option to pay for police presence at the event which is what we will have to do next year. We will also be taking extra measures to improve the speed at which traffic can exit the event which will also really make a big difference. We hired someone to control traffic this year but they really didn't help much so we are going to approach it differently for next year which should allow traffic to exit at least twice as quickly as this year, if not faster.

Its really disappointing that some people can be so disrespectful not to TST, me, or the other people who bust their butts to make this happen each year, but mostly to Make A Wish and the kids that they benefit. Doing a burnout is more important than these wish kids? Thats horrible...

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #496
rquinn19
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #24406

My Ride:
2011 WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Doing a burnout is more important than these wish kids? Thats horrible...
I don't think that's what it is. Society isn't that bad. People just don't see the consequences.
rquinn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #497
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Maybe find out if you can get a temporary speed bump or something along those lines?
Old 04-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #498
PunkboySL2
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7050

My Ride:
Saturns> 94' SW2, 94' SC2

Send a message via AIM to PunkboySL2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslow95 View Post
Maybe find out if you can get a temporary speed bump or something along those lines?
The problem with that would be 1/4 of the cars showing up would get stuck lol
96 Saturn SL2m - built, then wrecked [RIP]
PunkboySL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #499
dangerousatom
[TST] Calendar Master

Member #625

My Ride:
02-04 RS-STi @391whp 02-WRX Wagon @310whp ≈≈≈ Both modded to the hilt w/PPG trans

Send a message via AIM to dangerousatom
Temporary speed bumps wont do the trick either. All that will do is create a chock to do a burnout against and slow the flow of ↔ traffic down and or cause more complaints for super low cars. An authoritative presence that all persons will respect weather they want to or not is the only real solution.

02 WRX Wagon Beater-10/01/11
dangerousatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #500
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkboySL2 View Post
The problem with that would be 1/4 of the cars showing up would get stuck lol
True. Never really thought about the 'slammed' cars who bitch about speed bumps.