TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #101
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Now Hiring!
I would happily trade every dollar that TST brings in to improve the design, content, quality of the community, and the many other aspects that contribute to the success of the site. Making $0 for the next few years would be a no brainer if it meant that we could step into the big leagues with TST and really start kicking ass. I am ready and willing to do that, but unfortunately the problem is I haven’t found anyone who can really help to make that happen. I tried ‘borrowing’ someone from another very successful site but he wasn’t available for what I was looking for. If anyone knows anyone else with experience who can step up to the plate, let them know there’s a paid position ready and waiting.
Some random thoughts.

If you want to go beyond the local scene, you will have to bring on freelance help, work that pays. Use UrbanRacer.com as an example. I've known Jackie since ~ 99 when the import scene started growing on the East Coast. He started UrbanRacer.com as a side job in the late 90s since he still had a job as an architect. He had several local guys in the mid-Atlantic region cover events. We used my first Miata as a vehicle to show installation of parts and products for SCCA Solo II Street Prepared specs, also featuring one of his sponsors who did the install. Jackie networked to Florida, Georgia, California, Texas, Washington, Illinois, etc.. He then later hired freelancers, such as RJ De Vera, to do monthly columns to generate additional web traffic. He eventually grew to global coverage, expanding to Japanese events.

It all boils down to web traffic and advertisers. If you want to take it to the next level, you will need advertisers. To get the advertisers you will need the web traffic. This comes in various ways, mostly from event coverage and tech articles.

You've got a decent number of advertisers but how is the site supporting them? If you really want to get the most out of sponsors, you're missing one thing that is utilized in print and e-zines: tech articles. You can even use your own vehicle(s) for most of the articles. You need a strut tower brace powdercoated? Send it over to Liquid Powder Coats, take some pictures of the process, show before/after shots and installation photos. You promote their business, you'll probably get discounted or free work done, and you'll have an article for the site and probably generate some traffic.
i like rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #102
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by i like rice View Post
Some random thoughts.

If you want to go beyond the local scene, you will have to bring on freelance help, work that pays. Use UrbanRacer.com as an example. I've known Jackie since ~ 99 when the import scene started growing on the East Coast. He started UrbanRacer.com as a side job in the late 90s since he still had a job as an architect. He had several local guys in the mid-Atlantic region cover events. We used my first Miata as a vehicle to show installation of parts and products for SCCA Solo II Street Prepared specs, also featuring one of his sponsors who did the install. Jackie networked to Florida, Georgia, California, Texas, Washington, Illinois, etc.. He then later hired freelancers, such as RJ De Vera, to do monthly columns to generate additional web traffic. He eventually grew to global coverage, expanding to Japanese events.

It all boils down to web traffic and advertisers. If you want to take it to the next level, you will need advertisers. To get the advertisers you will need the web traffic. This comes in various ways, mostly from event coverage and tech articles.

You've got a decent number of advertisers but how is the site supporting them? If you really want to get the most out of sponsors, you're missing one thing that is utilized in print and e-zines: tech articles. You can even use your own vehicle(s) for most of the articles. You need a strut tower brace powdercoated? Send it over to Liquid Powder Coats, take some pictures of the process, show before/after shots and installation photos. You promote their business, you'll probably get discounted or free work done, and you'll have an article for the site and probably generate some traffic.
plus 1million!

articles articles articles!
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote