TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-03-2005, 04:49 PM   #1
wrx_snobordr
Tri-State Addict

Member #21

Whats everyone on heres favorite bands, i say bands because if your anything like me you cant pick just one. Some of us appear to listen to the same stuff, maybe we could get some groups up to go down to some shows. The summer concert season is fast approaching and i know of atleast 4 shows i need to see.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:04 PM   #2
Matthew
Tri-State Addict

Member #225

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx_snobordr
Whats everyone on heres favorite bands, i say bands because if your anything like me you cant pick just one. Some of us appear to listen to the same stuff, maybe we could get some groups up to go down to some shows. The summer concert season is fast approaching and i know of atleast 4 shows i need to see.
Here you go...

Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, Social Distortion, Thrice, Finch, Taking Back Sunday, Weezer, Hot Rod Circuit, Jimmy Eat World, Pennywise, Radiohead, Tool, Ignite, Dance Hall Crashers, Face to Face, No Use for a Name, Dag Nasty, Descendents/All, Dropkick Murphys, MAE, Anberlin, Saves the Day, Rock Kills Kid, Park, Operation Ivy, A Perfect Circle, Muse, The Postal Service, The Sleeping, Bayside, Bleed the Dream, Deep Enough to Die, Circa Survive...
Old 05-03-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
I didn't realize Matt had such good taste, no one else I know likes the Dance Hall Crashers too.

Will edit with a list in a few.

***EDIT*** I made a new post to keep the old one on topic.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:27 PM   #4
wrx_snobordr
Tri-State Addict

Member #21

Some nice selections in there....mine is

Old underOATH and some of the new stuff (even though its not the same band), 98 mute, poison the well, atreyu, avenged sevenfold, as i lay dying, hot water music, bouncing souls, finch , bad religion, the cars, from autumn to ashes, blind side, alexisonfire, fear before the march of flames, it dies today, zao, open hand, whitesnake, thursday, the misfits, Fall of troy, the deadly, the chariot, norma jean, alkaline trio, nora , journey, iron maiden, from first to last, funeral for a friend, children of bodom, killswitch engage, snapcase to name a few... I have a wide taste in music but essentially its anything that isnt TOO emo even though i do like some stuff but mainly hardcore or emocore.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:40 PM   #5
alachua
Tri-State Addict

Member #4

My Ride:
14 Miata Club

Send a message via AIM to alachua
Hot Water Music, Dropkick Murphys, Avail, Bad Religion, Slayer, Stevie Ray Vaughn, old Pennywise, Propagandhi, Talking Heads, Diana Krall, Diocide, pretty much any metal that is fast and brutal, and emo that isn't too whiny.

-Cliff
Old 05-03-2005, 06:53 PM   #6
sisforsurfing
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #267

My Ride:
2003 WRX wagon

Send a message via AIM to sisforsurfing
heavier stuff: As I Lay Dying, the Black Dahlia Murder, Norma Jean, This Runs Through, old Underoath (and new stuff, but the old is more amazing), Envy, Converge, Circle Takes the Square, Every Time I Die, Stretch Arm Strong, Pennywise, Thrice, Alexisonfire, Thursday

other stuff: Saves the Day (favorite band ever), The Arcade Fire, Bright Eyes, Elliot Smith, mewithoutyou, Muse, Rise Against, Belle and Sebastian, The Postal Service, Death Cab for Cutie, The Shins, Mineral, The Gloria Record, TV on the Radio, Tilly and the Wall, Mae

Etc, you all get the idea. Those are my favorite bands, I'll listen to lots of different stuff though... and I'm not as pretentious as that list probably makes me seem. Nice to see other car guys into this stuff as opposed to the usual hip hop or nu metal.
sisforsurfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #7
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
I like alot of music, mostly ICP, Twiztid, ABK, Esham, any pyschopathic artist see my rant in other thread, other then that bands like Atreyu, From First To Last, The Used, alot of those kind of bands I agree though about going to shows sounds like a good time

New DJ community being built,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #8
Twin_Cam
Tri-State Addict

Member #288

Send a message via AIM to Twin_Cam
Old stuff: Zeppelin, The Who, Hendrix, Cream, Aerosmith, The Doors, anything bluesy rock (George Thorogood, SRV, John Lee Hooker etc)

New stuff: DMB, Pearl Jam- only two modern bands I've found that can sound better live than on record, they have an energy the old bands had that's rarely seen today

'00 Saturn SL2m- slowest car on TST
Twin_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:11 PM   #9
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
Newer stuff:
Alkaline Trio, Bad Religion, NOFX, No Use For A Name, Slick Shoes< Lagwagon, Millencolin, Face to Face. Reason I got back into playing in a band: the Ataris, Saves the Day, Blink 182...helped me realize that I wasn't too cool to share my feelings, and that you could talk about love.

Older stuff:
Metallica(the reason I started playing guitar originally, Harvester of Sorrow>*), Iron Maiden(first concert I was ever at), Pantera, Life of Agony, Slayer

Other assorted stuff:
Doug E. Fresh and Slick Rick(first music I can ever remember calling into a radio station to request, I think I was like 9), NWA. Some techno/dance stuff...Darude, Perry Forsten, Rob Dougan, various assorted songs, no real artists, just certain songs.

There are like 100's of other bands that were omitted to compile this list, and it changes weekly. I am sure next week it will change.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #10
stichris
Tri-State Addict

Member #125

Send a message via AIM to stichris
All I have to say is that this is the best song name ever:

Boys Night Out - I Got Punched In The Nose For Sticking My Face In Other People's Business
stichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:22 PM   #11
Matthew
Tri-State Addict

Member #225

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mike
Newer stuff:
Alkaline Trio, Bad Religion, NOFX, No Use For A Name, Slick Shoes< Lagwagon, Millencolin, Face to Face. Reason I got back into playing in a band: the Ataris, Saves the Day, Blink 182...helped me realize that I wasn't too cool to share my feelings, and that you could talk about love.

Older stuff:
Metallica(the reason I started playing guitar originally, Harvester of Sorrow>*), Iron Maiden(first concert I was ever at), Pantera, Life of Agony, Slayer

Other assorted stuff:
Doug E. Fresh and Slick Rick(first music I can ever remember calling into a radio station to request, I think I was like 9), NWA. Some techno/dance stuff...Darude, Perry Forsten, Rob Dougan, various assorted songs, no real artists, just certain songs.

There are like 100's of other bands that were omitted to compile this list, and it changes weekly. I am sure next week it will change.
VERY nice
Old 05-03-2005, 09:42 PM   #12
wrx_snobordr
Tri-State Addict

Member #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by stichris
All I have to say is that this is the best song name ever:

Boys Night Out - I Got Punched In The Nose For Sticking My Face In Other People's Business
HA HA I hope you come down with a disease they dont have a cure for
Old 05-03-2005, 10:16 PM   #13
teh DIRT
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6

My Ride:
Legacy 2.0GT

Send a message via AIM to teh DIRT
i dont feel like typing. take matts list and make it mine and you have what i like.
-pete

oh and alot of matts too.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:24 PM   #14
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

I just don't feel like typing. If someone wants to know what kind of music I like, ask to look at my CD case at a meet.

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:54 PM   #15
20th1519
Tri-State Addict

Member #46

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon PSM

Send a message via AIM to 20th1519
I got a four band rotation. Saves the Day, Taking Back Sunday, Saosin, A Trunk Full Of Dead Bodies. Well ok i pop in the Top Gun soundtrack to jam gears to "Danger Zone".
Old 05-03-2005, 11:09 PM   #16
stichris
Tri-State Addict

Member #125

Saosin is nice. I like em better than Circa Survive, for that matter. And hahaha, Tommy T's old band. Damn! Taking back Sunday and Saves the Day rule. What albums?
Old 05-03-2005, 11:15 PM   #17
20th1519
Tri-State Addict

Member #46

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon PSM

What do you mean what albums? All of them of course. I've been a Saves The Day fan since "Through Being Cool". I caught Taking Back Sunday a few months after "Tell All Your Friends" came out. Been to about 7-8 shows with both of them and it got played out with all of the teenie boppers but im looking to get back into some shows. I def need new material. More along the lines of Saosin or ATFDB.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:18 PM   #18
stichris
Tri-State Addict

Member #125

New Saosin sucks because Anthony isn't in it. New Saves the Day (In Reverie) is ****ing horrible. Worst album ever. That's why I asked.

The new Saves the Day comp, Ups and Downs, is good, though.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:22 PM   #19
20th1519
Tri-State Addict

Member #46

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon PSM

Yea "In Reverie" is ok. I will never turn my back on STD though. Chris is a great song writer. He needs to put down the flowers and peace pipe. Is anthony the former singer of Saosin? He kicks ass. Ups and Downs is like a comp cd of all the songs i already have. Track one is the only song i listen to on it.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:25 PM   #20
wrx_snobordr
Tri-State Addict

Member #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20th1519
I got a four band rotation. Saves the Day, Taking Back Sunday, Saosin, A Trunk Full Of Dead Bodies. Well ok i pop in the Top Gun soundtrack to jam gears to "Danger Zone".
Yes, the top gun soundtrack is poss one of the top 10 cds ever, in my opinion. Danger zone, mighty wings, destination unknown, hot summer nights and the anthem.... i could have that cd on loop for days and not care.

Pete which matt, there are two of us, even though our lists have alot of the same bands.