TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
240vert
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10173

My Ride:
93 240SX Convertible

240vert's can't leave it alone buildish

So after unmodifying my car the desire to modify it my way finally set in and I realized there was no going back.

Little history on the car. Sold the vert to a friend (who later totaled it after swapping it) and needed a new car. Saw a black 350Z where I work sitting like a diamond in the rough on the front line. After a week I finally test drove it just because, then actually got serious.

Very first picture I took after hiding it in between the SUV line so no one would buy it before my lunch break the next day.

First order of business was to get rid of the 20's. Luckily the car came with factory 17's with brand new Michelins.

I rocked it like that until after Christmas when I found a factory clean set of heated leather seats. Took the drive out to western PA in the snow and picked them up.

No more "Nisbay" seats.

I had to run the wiring, but it was pretty straight forward, other than being bone numbingly cold outside.

Spring finally rolled around, and on a warm day in the mid 70's I let the car sit out in the sun with the heater cranking and removed the tint. Not a single defroster line died that day either.
Before:

After:

Once that was done, I decided that the little tear in my clutch pedal cover needed fixing and since you could finally see inside the car I decided to upgrade.

Here's how it's sitting now, tintless, Nismo seatless, and 20less.

Also fixed the window problem. It helps when all the bolts are in the window and tight. Not it sounds solid when the door is closed and the window goes up and down every time.

Now for the upgrades....
Right now I have a Carbonetics 2way lsd, Nismo diff cover, SPL differential bushing kit, and diff rebuild kit with output shafts that will hopefully be shipping soon. SPL parts came in, but still waiting on the diff.

I plan on upgrading in stages every couple months when money is built back up for modding.

Next on the list is a used Nismo S tune cat back, if I can ever find one for the right price, jwt pop charger, and motordyne 5/16 iso thermal plenum spacer. Maybe a tune depending on price.

After that it's coilovers that are street friendly, sway bars, and other necessary suspension parts for going with coilovers.

Next, is wheels. Leaning more towards the Enkei RPF1s since they aren't played out around here, but I haven't made my mind up.

Hopefully I'll be able to update with a diff install soon. Not sure if I'll tackle it myself, or take it to a professional. I'd also like to get a factory set of HID head lights soon too. either 03-05 or the bi-xenon. I could go either way.

Last edited by 240vert; 06-18-2011 at 05:56 PM.
240vert is offline   Reply With Quote