TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Careless Driving: minor or major offense in NJ? Driving record - out of state ticket

Referencing the stickies here (which I hope everyone does before posting!), I see some info about points transferring in this thread, quoting the pertinent info:
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...d.php?p=242045
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteXFire View Post
DRIVERS WITH PA LICENSE TICKETED OUTSIDE OF PA
Although reported to PennDOT, minor traffic offenses such as speeding, red light, stop sign, etc., will (NOT) appear on your driving record, unless you are a CDL holder. Points will not be assessed to your PA driving record when convicted of a point related offense in a DLC member state.
Question 1:
So I see the minor offenses do not appear on my driving record in this situation. However I haven't been able to confirm anywhere whether or not Careless Driving (39:4-97) is considered a minor or major offense?

Question 2:
And another related question which you may or may not be able to answer for me:
What I'm wondering is how/if insurance rates are affected by tickets out of state.
What does your car insurance look at to see your record? What can/can't they see?
If tickets in NJ its obviously recorded in NJ, but if you are licensed in PA and the ticket and points don't transfer to your PA license, then does your record appear clear to insurance companies or anyone else who looks it up, or does it still come up as a NJ ticket?

(hope that makes sense... trying to understand the relationship between your PA License, your overall driving record, and your driving record as it pertains to your insurance company... and if they are separate things or all one and the same.)

Thanks for the clarification. If points wont affect my record and especially insurance then I won't sweat that, will just see what I can do about minimizing the fine in court if I'm able to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote