TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-30-2010, 01:22 AM   #61
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:
98 Trans Am WS7 | 01 Trans AM WS6 | 03 VW Golf TDI | 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (ZJ)

Send a message via AIM to PAFirefighter11
Anyone here a manager at a local Wawa? lol
Nikon D2x | Canon AE-1 | SB600 | Nikkor Lenses: 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 50 1.8 | 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Dakine Sequence | Bogen/Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod | 3231 Monopod | 486RC2 head | AlienBees B1600 | etc.
FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
wow some of you jeep guys party hard
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #62
enigma
Tri-State Addict

Member #2659

My Ride:
Hoopties galore

Send a message via AIM to enigma
I used to go down to the races in philly ,back when front, holstein, 61st, 84th were still popping, and the exxon by the airport was still around. Used to see some wild stuff there, big tire c16 v8 s10's rolling off of trailers, street rods, old school muscle with worked motors. Then it went downhill, there was that kid that got stabbed over his car, retard who flipped his f-body, drunks, stoners, and coke heads going down there acting like the biggest tough guys, people driving like assholes and killin themselves.
If it wasn't for the morons, there wouldn't be any problems with street racing. People need to get through, stop the runs and let them through. Don't run in front of moving, vehicles, don't drink and try to play chicken with the cars.
Its not a question of "is it for the sake of everyone's safety", its a question of "can these morons handle this responsibility without screwing it up". And the majority of
times, the answer is an emphatic NO.
The same thing is the theory at wawa, typical corporate answer that says "We used to not care, but since our outside cleaning bill went up, as well as our customer complaints, we had to make a one size fits all polocy".
Old 05-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #63
FijiBlueFG
Tri-State Addict

Member #15206

My Ride:
2006 Civic Si

****ing hondas...

oh wait, i have a honda... damn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FijiBlueFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:25 PM   #64
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Send a message via AIM to ThePrimerSuspect
"In 2008, the population of the city proper was estimated to be more than 1.54 million,[3] while the Greater Philadelphia metropolitan area's population of 5.8 million made it the country's fifth-largest"............

sorry, i guess only 1.5 mil live in the city. so tell the other 4.5 mil that work, visit and go to school here that the police will not be handling their problems because the are not residents.
ThePrimerSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #65
Maxxdsix
Tri-State Addict

Member #14903

My Ride:
Drives on the wrong side ;) Bye RSX w/pink wheels....RIP-2003 Mazda 6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrimerSuspect View Post
"In 2008, the population of the city proper was estimated to be more than 1.54 million,[3] while the Greater Philadelphia metropolitan area's population of 5.8 million made it the country's fifth-largest"............

sorry, i guess only 1.5 mil live in the city. so tell the other 4.5 mil that work, visit and go to school here that the police will not be handling their problems because the are not residents.
how many people visit and work in NYC....
i love how all you guys actually care about the opinion of a girl when it comes to your car. if the bitch is complaining about it, rev it up and shift hard, throw her back in her seat. if she persists, just drive faster till shes scared. she'll respect it once shes afraid of it
Quote:
Driving a nice honda around is like parading a hot chick in a prison yard.
Maxxdsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:03 PM   #66
max2k1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #393

My Ride:
Wheelchair

Send a message via AIM to max2k1
The greater metropolitan area reffers to the surrounding area's of Philadelphia not the city itself I believe. So the surrounding area and city together has 5.8 million people. Does that mean that they all come into the city at once? or does the philly police have to handle the crime outside the city limits? From wikipedia "A metropolitan area is a large population center consisting of a large metropolis and its adjacent zone of influence, or of more than one closely adjoining neighboring central cities and their zone of influence"

So that 5.8 million refers to the 1.5 people inside the city limits and the other 4.3 in the surrounding areas outside the city that are affected by it. And there alot more than 6500 cops handling the 5.8 million people throughout the area

The Story Behind My Avatar

Quote:
They show all the dumb kids with ghetto rigged Honda's. Im not hatin Honda guys, just stating facts here.

Last edited by max2k1; 05-30-2010 at 06:07 PM.
max2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:27 PM   #67
Gabe4AFE
Tri-State Addict

Member #14153

My Ride:
96 Ford Explorer Sport - 4x4

Send a message via AIM to Gabe4AFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
I used to go down to the races in philly ,back when front, holstein, 61st, 84th were still popping, and the exxon by the airport was still around. Used to see some wild stuff there, big tire c16 v8 s10's rolling off of trailers, street rods, old school muscle with worked motors. Then it went downhill, there was that kid that got stabbed over his car, retard who flipped his f-body, drunks, stoners, and coke heads going down there acting like the biggest tough guys, people driving like assholes and killin themselves.
If it wasn't for the morons, there wouldn't be any problems with street racing. People need to get through, stop the runs and let them through. Don't run in front of moving, vehicles, don't drink and try to play chicken with the cars.
Its not a question of "is it for the sake of everyone's safety", its a question of "can these morons handle this responsibility without screwing it up". And the majority of
times, the answer is an emphatic NO.
The same thing is the theory at wawa, typical corporate answer that says "We used to not care, but since our outside cleaning bill went up, as well as our customer complaints, we had to make a one size fits all polocy".
Street racing is illegal, and isn't safe at all... no matter what outside influences you have or don't have. Period.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:19 PM   #68
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k1 View Post
The greater metropolitan area reffers to the surrounding area's of Philadelphia not the city itself I believe. So the surrounding area and city together has 5.8 million people. Does that mean that they all come into the city at once? or does the philly police have to handle the crime outside the city limits? From wikipedia "A metropolitan area is a large population center consisting of a large metropolis and its adjacent zone of influence, or of more than one closely adjoining neighboring central cities and their zone of influence"

So that 5.8 million refers to the 1.5 people inside the city limits and the other 4.3 in the surrounding areas outside the city that are affected by it. And there alot more than 6500 cops handling the 5.8 million people throughout the area
1.5 refers to people who reside within the city limits. And those are the people who report that they Live in the city. I'm sure there's plenty more that live here and have addresses elsewhere. We do have several college campuses within city limits. Let's count the people who live in the counties or jersey and delaware too. 5.8 refers to the metropolitan area. Sure there are departments separate from the city that handle their townships. But I believe that 5.8 million could be within city limits at any given time. Oh, and by the way, of those 6500 officers, maybe 1/3 of them are actually on duty at any given time. And that includes cops that work in special units, inside offices or at the academy, impound lots, etc. Not all just serving the public directly. What's that put your ratio at now?
Old 05-31-2010, 09:27 PM   #69
Maxxdsix
Tri-State Addict

Member #14903

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrimerSuspect View Post
1.5 refers to people who reside within the city limits. And those are the people who report that they Live in the city. I'm sure there's plenty more that live here and have addresses elsewhere. We do have several college campuses within city limits. Let's count the people who live in the counties or jersey and delaware too. 5.8 refers to the metropolitan area. Sure there are departments separate from the city that handle their townships. But I believe that 5.8 million could be within city limits at any given time. Oh, and by the way, of those 6500 officers, maybe 1/3 of them are actually on duty at any given time. And that includes cops that work in special units, inside offices or at the academy, impound lots, etc. Not all just serving the public directly. What's that put your ratio at now?
your still not looking at it the right way. OK yes, everything you said is true.

Now put the same logic to nyc.
i love how all you guys actually care about the opinion of a girl when it comes to your car. if the bitch is complaining about it, rev it up and shift hard, throw her back in her seat. if she persists, just drive faster till shes scared. she'll respect it once shes afraid of it
Quote:
Old 05-31-2010, 10:12 PM   #70
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Who said anything about nyc?
Old 05-31-2010, 10:27 PM   #71
Maxxdsix
Tri-State Addict

Member #14903

My Ride:

the number of cops to people was being compared to nyc.

a topic that you were arguing about...
Quote:
Old 05-31-2010, 11:24 PM   #72
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

I said absolutely nothing about new york. Wasn't this thread about something else though? I forget.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:51 PM   #73
GmFwd
Tri-State Addict

Member #7981

My Ride:
S15 DD, srt4 drift missile

I think it was a tutorial on how to vent your stock recirc valve to air?

Oh no my B it was street racing.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #74
sean3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5757

My Ride:
04 Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe4AFE View Post
Street racing is illegal, and isn't safe at all... no matter what outside influences you have or don't have. Period.
It's plenty safe if you aren't a ****ing idiot. Problem is, most people are.
sean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:19 AM   #75
gotvtec?
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16013

My Ride:
2012 AUDI S4 3.0T 6SPD

Honestly think about it street racing wouldnt be illegal if peope did stupid stuff
Sounds like your on track to blow motor #2 already.
gotvtec? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:22 AM   #76
gotvtec?
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16013

My Ride:
2012 AUDI S4 3.0T 6SPD

I have a friend in wolfesburg(however u spell it) PA and she said cops come shut off this strip just so they can race. She said its like a weekly town get together.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #77
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

the only good races in philly are the ones you dont hear about. everyone knows about holstein and SW in general cause they are problematic. theres plenty of good street racing that goes on without incident that you never hear of because its well organized and the people are not complete douchbags who **** everything up.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #78
gotvtec?
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16013

My Ride:
2012 AUDI S4 3.0T 6SPD

75% of the time its a roll race.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #79
vdcoff
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6984

My Ride:
2011 Impreza WRX Ltd / 2012 Yamaha FZ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FijiBlueFG View Post
****ing hondas...

oh wait, i have a honda... damn.

vdcoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #80
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
Street Racing will be around as long as it is more convenient to street race than it is to go to the track. Its just like all the people complaining about the skateboarders. Dont like em? Give em someplace to skate. For free. Problem solved.

Put in a dragstrip for the public to use, thats LOCAL. Im not driving to f*cking atco to line up against a buddy. 202 bypass is closer and cheaper. If we use taxpayer money to build ridiculous things that only benefit some people (like a new stadium for a whiney ass team), then why shouldnt we use taxpayer money to give the street racers someplace to go? There are ways to do it that would still generate money from the economy without charging $65 to enter.

Until its as convenient to go to the track as it is to street race, theyll be fighting a battle that cant be won.