TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #21
Pig STi
Tri-State Addict

Member #7003

My Ride:
2006 Subaru STi & 1973 VW Beetle, 2002 VW Jetta

Send a message via AIM to Pig STi
^^^owned lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Pig STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #22
foxracr10
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3687

My Ride:
'04 vf34'd WRX, '98 A4 1.8TQM, '03 Stg4 WRX (sold), '97 GLS (sold), '97 GLX (sold)

Send a message via AIM to foxracr10
so even though I had two for sale threads running, they were closed because I dont have enough posts?
foxracr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #23
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
Hey guys, I'm currently working on making it so you can view just not post in the for sale section if your fewer then 25 post. I'm just having a little bit of difficulty, yes there are some built in vb stuff for this however I am using a form modification so instead of being directed to the normal spot to post a thread you go to a form to fill out. This is where the problem lies. I should have this resolved shortly as I was up till 2AM upgrading our test site to the latest and greatest VB 8 which is nice just gotta re-add everything download and then move onto the live site so we should be upgraded in the next couple days. I apologize for the inconvience but I got a lot of stuff I am going to be catching up on on TST so be prepared lol

New DJ community being built,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #24
foxracr10
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3687

My Ride:
'04 vf34'd WRX, '98 A4 1.8TQM, '03 Stg4 WRX (sold), '97 GLS (sold), '97 GLX (sold)

once the new forum is done, do we need to repost our for sale threads?
Old 01-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #25
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
For a long time we have had a rule in place that you couldn't post a new thread in the Classifieds section if you didn't have a post count of at least 25 (posts in OT and Classifieds don't count).

This used to be an automated permissions function which wouldnt allow you to, but after we added the form system to the Classified section, there was a conflict with the two modifications, and the automated permission that wouldnt allow users with less than 25 posts to start a new thread in this section stopped working.

Since then we have tried to patrol this manually, and get people to just follow the rules in the first place, but people just dont pay attention and it created a good deal of extra work for us to do on a regular basis.

We are trying to get back to an automated system which won't allow users to start a new thread at all if their post count isn't high enough, and I really hope we'll have that figured out this week. Until then the only way to stop so many people from breaking this rule was to make it so that you just can't view the section alltogether.

I recognize this is an inconvenience for some and we are working on it... if only people would familliarize themselves with the rules and follow them in the first place we wouldn't have to do this!

And foxracr10... your threads violated the FS section rules due to post count and therefore have been closed. Once you hae 25 posts and can see the section again you are free to repost them.

And to address someone elses point... if we find that you are just postwhoring or spamming to boost your post count, those posts will be deleted and you will receive the appropriate infraction(s). The purpose of this rule is to reserve the FS section for those who contribute to the forum.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 01-16-2009 at 05:21 AM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #26
foxracr10
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3687

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
For a long time we have had a rule in place that you couldn't post a new thread in the Classifieds section if you didn't have a post count of at least 25 (posts in OT and Classifieds don't count).
I dont want to disagree with you but since I joined in '07 I have always been able to post classified ads.

I dont understand?
Old 01-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #27
04.sti
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #3528

nowi know why i dont see much! haha
04.sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #28
04.sti

Member #3528

but i was able to post to the market place before? im confused lol
04.sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #29
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

The rule always existed, the issue was in the difficulty of enforcing it, which has led to this.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 01-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #30
chim64

Member #7838

My Ride:
94 vtec del sol

im way over 25 post but yet i cant see them ...
chim64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #31
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

So far everyone who has posted saying their post count is over 25 has been wrong.
You can check in your profile, it displays them there.
I'll repeat... posts in OT and the Classifieds section do not contribute to your post count. If you have "way over 25 posts" but your post count is like... 6, thats an indication that all you do is post in OT or the Classifieds sections... which are not contributing posts to the forum.

|

Quote:

|
Old 01-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #32
nastyLT1
Noob-Jersey

Member #9663

My Ride:
94 Trans Am, 03 Subaru Outback

wow that kinda sucks, i posted a wanted ad before the ad's disappeared, now i can not see if anyone has answered me.
nastyLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #33
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

If you had followed the rules you wouldnt have posted the wanted ad in the first place.
Those who do post threads even though they arent allowed have them locked anyway, it just creates more work for the moderators and more clutter.

|

Quote:

|
Old 01-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #34
A32 Maxima
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8572

My Ride:
1989 Red Supra Turbo, 1996 Beige Maxima Turbo

i still cant see it but idk
'97 Maxima 5spd- T67 10psi - Current
'02 Maxima 6spd Hlsd- Daily

Last edited by A32 Maxima; 01-13-2009 at 09:55 PM.
A32 Maxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #35
90gsx

Member #1169

I had been a member for awhile not a big poster but read a lot. I had my bike listed for sale and I cant view it anymore in my subscriptions. Is it deleted or I have to wait to see it again?
90gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:13 PM   #36
R53

Member #8318

My Ride:
Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBulletTSi View Post
Hey guys, I'm currently working on making it so you can view just not post in the for sale section if your fewer then 25 post. I'm just having a little bit of difficulty, yes there are some built in vb stuff for this however I am using a form modification so instead of being directed to the normal spot to post a thread you go to a form to fill out. This is where the problem lies. I should have this resolved shortly as I was up till 2AM upgrading our test site to the latest and greatest VB 8 which is nice just gotta re-add everything download and then move onto the live site so we should be upgraded in the next couple days. I apologize for the inconvience but I got a lot of stuff I am going to be catching up on on TST so be prepared lol
Yeah, I'm a legitimate member who enjoys reading the posts in this forum and I do occasionally have something to say. I would like to at least be able to view the for sale section with all my 10 posts (11 including this one).
R53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:18 PM   #37
A32 Maxima
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8572

My Ride:
1989 Red Supra Turbo, 1996 Beige Maxima Turbo

i have like 27 ans still cant see it
'97 Maxima 5spd- T67 10psi - Current
'02 Maxima 6spd Hlsd- Daily
A32 Maxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #38
98ekcoupe
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4238

My Ride:
98 civic ex

i thought i had more than 25 posts man i guess i need to use tst more often lol
98ekcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #39
98ekcoupe
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4238

My Ride:
98 civic ex

damn just looked lol i only have 16
98ekcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:04 AM   #40
disturbedfan121
Tri-State Addict

Member #3604

My Ride:
2010 GG EVO X

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98ekcoupe View Post
damn just looked lol i only have 16
fail!

'03 MSP-7psi - SOLD.......'93 Sc300 5spd - SOLD
'98 BMW Z3 - SOLD.......'92 miata turbo -Traded
'10 Evo X- Traded in for .....'14 Jetta TDI 6spd man.......
'99 miata NB shell Project....'96 Impreza w/v.1 STi swap
disturbedfan121 is offline   Reply With Quote