TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-23-2008, 03:07 AM   #21
Sincere
Tri-State Addict

Member #248

Send a message via AIM to Sincere
I'm in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sincere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:16 AM   #22
Erik
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1962

My Ride:
2001 Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo

You got it troll. Good start to ideas.

'96 Mazda Miata | FM V-Maxx Coilovers | Jackson Racing Exhaust/Intake GONE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

01' Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo | Daily | NoMods
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:28 AM   #23
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
keith i know what you mean. the "old" tst was perfect imo. enough ot banter but also good tech talk. everything stayed in the right place. now it just seems like if you make a thread asking a legit question, its going off topic in 9 posts, or hey i bought some tight jdm lug nuts and people dick ride. id say a lot more but this is in general car related. but bryan has a good point... if people really want to get a good tech section going, its up to us. i think it could work work with the new mod team.

im still down for banning "most" users above 2000.

oh im sorry that last comment was a joke for some of us. HA HA HA.

Last edited by jspek; 12-23-2008 at 03:49 AM.
jspek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:29 AM   #24
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspek View Post
keith i know what you mean. the "old" tst was perfect imo. enough ot banter but also good tech talk. everything stayed in the right place. now it just seems like if you make a thread asking a legit question, its going off topic in 9 posts, or hey i bought some tight jdm lug nuts and people dick ride. id say a lot more but this is in general car related. but bryan has a good point... if people really want to get a good tech section going, its up to us. i think it could work work with the new mod team.

im still down for banning most users above 2000.
Theres a NEW mod-team?

BUY MY STUFF!

james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:30 AM   #25
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
We do want most of the forum to be taken seriously and respected, and are fine with OT being looser, as long as it stays there. Its a slow process getting the moderating in line but we are slowly working on stepping that up as well for more complete moderating with better coverage throughout the forum.
The number one thing though is the users... the forum is a product of you guys... so if everyone does their little part it will definitely add up to the whole.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:34 AM   #26
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

Quote:

Im sorry but thats just an ignorant comment.....And TROLL your right it is up to the forum to take control of this situation...I mean I cant say I havent posted some dumb crap in the OT section etc, But like i said earlier althought im apart of vehicle specific forums already, Im always trying to expand my knowledge and have learned quite a bit...Knowledge is power imo, and when posting about tuning,engines,cars,parts a lot of that is universal and its ashame to see those threads hardly touched compared to the OT sections
|Nikon|
Twitter:
SvicksTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:36 AM   #27
Erik
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1962

My Ride:
2001 Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo

Quote:
Phew just made it.

All this talk makes me want to create a post that is sticky worthy but yea Bryan, your right. Tst is a reputation of us, it is also our responsibilty.

'96 Mazda Miata | FM V-Maxx Coilovers | Jackson Racing Exhaust/Intake GONE

01' Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo | Daily | NoMods
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:38 AM   #28
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
And ya know another great way for users to contribute is to give feedback... use the feedback section of the forum to let us know what you do and don't like. I know I'm a mean dude who is on a power trip and all, but not really... we're just thinking long term and trying to do whats best for the quality and growth of the forum. We want exactly what you want... for the forum to be amazing and kick serious ass. Thats not going to happen with 1 or 2 or 4 people contributing ideas and no one else. I'd love to hear all your ideas too... what you like and what you dont.
And how about what features you see on other forums you use that you love? I might be on 5 forums or something, but in total I bet all of us are on hundreds... so we can pool those ideas together and get a lot farther that way.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:47 AM   #29
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
What if we moved tech above the "Classifieds"? I know lots of times I just scroll right there to see what's for sale, then browse OT, but I feel as if our "Tech" section is lacking in persona. If we want to predominately provide good answers, to legit problems, maybe we should move it in front of our marketplace.... I mean, seriously, how many times do people join just to sell stuff? Maybe we should have a post policy: You need to contribute, just like posting pictures is a privledge, maybe the classifieds should be, too.
Just a thought.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:50 AM   #30
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Insulin? View Post
What if we moved tech above the "Classifieds"? I know lots of times I just scroll right there to see what's for sale, then browse OT, but I feel as if our "Tech" section is lacking in persona. If we want to predominately provide good answers, to legit problems, maybe we should move it in front of our marketplace.... I mean, seriously, how many times do people join just to sell stuff? Maybe we should have a post policy: You need to contribute, just like posting pictures is a privledge, maybe the classifieds should be, too.
Just a thought.
Isnt there a certain number a post a person must have before selling something on here, or am i confusing scionlife with TST on this, because i know on there you need 50 post before you can sell something to avoid scams, contribute, etc etc,
|Nikon|
Twitter:
SvicksTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:51 AM   #31
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

I don't even use the sections. I come on, hit "new posts" and check out everything.

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:52 AM   #32
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvicksTc View Post
Isnt there a certain number a post a person must have before selling something on here, or am i confusing scionlife with TST on this, because i know on there you need 50 post before you can sell something to avoid scams, contribute, etc etc,
Nah, that's just like dsmtalk, and that's where I'm getting the idea. I joined TST because I wanted the comraderie that I found on Talk, but with real people I could actually meet and share my passion with. I think if we enforced a rule like that, it might really help raise the bar on the forum...

(EDIT) Captain, different strokes for different folks, but I find the best way for me to take in everyting is to go forum to forum. I knew nothing about photography until I joined here, and between Bryan talking about how to avoid using bras with me a Sonic and the photog section, I feel like I'm taking a college course. It's good stuff all around

Last edited by Got Insulin?; 12-23-2008 at 03:54 AM.
Got Insulin? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:22 AM   #33
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I'm not on a crusade or anything but TST has gotten far from its roots. If anyone still wants to talk cars, Tuning, Building, and Racing I started a new invite only TST inside TST. Please only come in if you actually have something worth talking about.

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/group.php?groupid=9
I click the linky and all I see your two posts, what am I missing? Is there another section??

peteyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:53 AM   #34
Proven
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1547

My Ride:
99 RS-WRX

Send a message via AIM to Proven
Buster you know I’m in. If there’s anyone who’s all about "invite only" its me ha! When anyone and everyone is allowed to post you'll get a lot of idiots trying to be funny, saying ignorant sh** just to get a reaction, and of course people that don't know anything about the subject but feel the need to respond anyway.

10,000 + members is great but quality is much better then quantity any day.

Its just like with meets. You go to a meet and theres 100 people and only 20 of them are truely into cars, want to talk about cars, want to know what the next guy is doing with cars, etc. The other 80 are there because they wanted to get out of the house and hey... they have a car too.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:41 AM   #35
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyturbo View Post
I click the linky and all I see your two posts, what am I missing? Is there another section??
This is alot more basic, very similar to your profile page. It works just the same. There is a button that you can click to join if you want, I'm not turning anyone down if they have an interest in involving themselves in a more technical atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proven View Post
Buster you know I’m in. If there’s anyone who’s all about "invite only" its me ha! When anyone and everyone is allowed to post you'll get a lot of idiots trying to be funny, saying ignorant sh** just to get a reaction, and of course people that don't know anything about the subject but feel the need to respond anyway.

10,000 + members is great but quality is much better then quantity any day.

Its just like with meets. You go to a meet and theres 100 people and only 20 of them are truely into cars, want to talk about cars, want to know what the next guy is doing with cars, etc. The other 80 are there because they wanted to get out of the house and hey... they have a car too.
I figured you'd be in bob.

And Rodder, you have missed my point completely. Take my own member journal for example, I have more posts and more veiws in it than most people on the forum combined. In fact I think it may be second to Bills. But I would say of the 200 so pages, maybe 20 have to actually do with my car and its progress. Why? because no one wants to talk cars on the car forum!!!

I know there are plenty of people here who know lots, have lots of seat time, and have alot more to offer than this but dont because its not worth the time to type it all out and have it sit ten pages back after someone starts talking about something with little to do with the topic.

I'm not twisting anyones arm, and if you dont like the idea, stay where you are. But if been here for a long time and the "old" TST is slowly going the way of the buffalo.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:46 AM   #36
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

i'd be in, but half the time when i ask legit questions... people get mad because my ideas dont follow the masses all the time.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:58 AM   #37
BradC
Tri-State Addict

Member #1083

My Ride:
Boosted NA/2000 SAAB 9-5

Send a message via AIM to BradC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
my ideas dont follow the masses all the time.
That's a good thing though.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #38
OMGz Turbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3108

My Ride:
01' WS6..That whistles...01' Explorer 5.slow

Old tst was a different group some here some gone, Unfortunately to say it could come back into its entirety is farfetched. I was one of the originals and i actually found some old screen shots and what not...good times

NO ONE CARES ABOUT BEING TTT APPROVED
OMGz Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #39
Tiny
Tri-State Addict

Member #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
We do want most of the forum to be taken seriously and respected, and are fine with OT being looser, as long as it stays there. Its a slow process getting the moderating in line but we are slowly working on stepping that up as well for more complete moderating with better coverage throughout the forum.
The number one thing though is the users... the forum is a product of you guys... so if everyone does their little part it will definitely add up to the whole.
See, now that sounds like work. I work all day, and I get paid well for what I do. This means that I have to be innovative, creative, and think outside the box so that I can insure that I will always be the go to guy. However I am certainly NOT going to ask my customers to tell me how I need to grow my business. Why would they need me at that point?

To make more money you need more people, but to get more people you have to dilute the quality. It's a catch 22, but that why you are getting paid the big bucks.

Last time I counted there were like 36 vendors on this forum. $3600 a month is a lot of money that can be used to either hire some people that will really give this forum their utmost attention or it could buy a lot of supra parts.

So keep turning this forum into a social chat, but realize that the novelty that brought people here in the first place will eventually wash out, and your forum will die.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #40
OMGz Turbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3108

My Ride:
01' WS6..That whistles...01' Explorer 5.slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Last time I counted there were like 36 vendors on this forum. $3600 a month is a lot of money that can be used to either hire some people that will really give this forum their utmost attention or it could buy a lot of supra parts.
Not to sound like a asshole...but i thought the same thing

NO ONE CARES ABOUT BEING TTT APPROVED
OMGz Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote