TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-22-2008, 11:43 PM   #1
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
Anyone remember what TST was?

I'm not on a crusade or anything but TST has gotten far from its roots. If anyone still wants to talk cars, Tuning, Building, and Racing I started a new invite only TST inside TST. Please only come in if you actually have something worth talking about.

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/group.php?groupid=9
Old 12-23-2008, 12:08 AM   #2
TurboTagTeam
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #275

My Ride:
constantly changes

If this is a place for NO......."ricer slammage" "stupid expensive useless jdm parts" "big boy offset" "showcars that look like racecars" and "building cars for magazines"

then im ****ing IN. I'm really starting to HATE the car scene. Hence why the 240 is soon to be gone.
TurboTagTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:09 AM   #3
TGilb2007
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3189

My Ride:
2006 Chevy Cobalt

Send a message via AIM to TGilb2007 Send a message via MSN to TGilb2007 Send a message via Yahoo to TGilb2007
I will post in here when I have serious questions, or something serious to talk about. But honestly, with over 10,000 members now, do you really think that a web forum is going to stay serious all the time, and stick to the subject matter all the time? I have been on web forums since I was something like, 15 (now 23), and ALL of them have changed over time. J-body.org is full of a much of moron teenagers now, most of their most helpful members have moved on. Nasioc, if it isnt a wrx/sti, good luck on getting help.

No offense to you, Troll, or anyone involved in the creation of TST, but sadly, when you get a public forum like this, things will be getting out of hand over a while. Again, as a group, that might work out pretty well. Who knows.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:14 AM   #4
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
its not that at all man, its the fact that no one can post for help without being drowned out in ten minutes by posts that have nothing to do with the OP. I just want to be able to talk about the cars were all building, support other peoples work and make it more about the scene again and not about whos popular or worht alot of money.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:14 AM   #5
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

it is unfortunate that with greater size comes less focus... perhaps a subforum needs to be created where NO nonsense is acceptable?

I mean, i really can't contribute much anymore... no one is doing anything with SRT-4's anymore... I haven't modded my car in... 2-3 years :/... i guess i'm really not in the good part of the "scene" anymore, which kinda saddens me... but also why i want to get a forester xt sport...
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:19 AM   #6
TGilb2007
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3189

My Ride:
2006 Chevy Cobalt

Send a message via AIM to TGilb2007 Send a message via MSN to TGilb2007 Send a message via Yahoo to TGilb2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
it is unfortunate that with greater size comes less focus... perhaps a subforum needs to be created where NO nonsense is acceptable?

I mean, i really can't contribute much anymore... no one is doing anything with SRT-4's anymore... I haven't modded my car in... 2-3 years :/... i guess i'm really not in the good part of the "scene" anymore, which kinda saddens me... but also why i want to get a forester xt sport...
Maybe.... or, move the nonsense car stuff to its own subforum, and keep the focus on the people here, and their cars. Stuff like the "Grown Man fitment", "slammed cars", and that stuff to its own area, and the serious builds to somewhere else. Or at least, the serious talks about that kind of stuff.

But then, who will moderate it, keep the nonsense out?
Old 12-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #7
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGilb2007 View Post
Maybe.... or, move the nonsense car stuff to its own subforum, and keep the focus on the people here, and their cars. Stuff like the "Grown Man fitment", "slammed cars", and that stuff to its own area, and the serious builds to somewhere else. Or at least, the serious talks about that kind of stuff.

Is that sarcasm? Isn't that pretty much exactly how the forum is set up? Gallery for car pics, Member journal for serious builds, OT for OT, Car specific for real questions?

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:24 AM   #8
TurboTagTeam
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #275

My Ride:
constantly changes

I think the whole proplem is that the car "scene" has grown too big for "real" car people. The kind that won't get caught up in the stupid new trends and all the hype.
TurboTagTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:25 AM   #9
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGilb2007 View Post

read below

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
Is that sarcasm? Isn't that pretty much exactly how the forum is set up? Gallery for car pics, Member journal for serious builds, OT for OT, Car specific for real questions?
not really what i meant...

you know how off topic is highly moderated and posts deleted and threads locked up right away if they're stupid? that's what needs to be happening here instead... and if anything is out of bounds of the topic... infraction point, instantly.

And by "here" i mean a dedicated, on topic, bare bones, tech section... no camber for teh leetness... real tech questions for cars that are being built by people and being used
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:14 AM   #10
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
<-------wants in
Old 12-23-2008, 01:24 AM   #11
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

I get bored at car meets after 20 minutes. Car forums, my attention span is ......... oh look, a pancake on a bunny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
i like rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:49 AM   #12
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

what are you bitching about in here? I'm building a serious car to be seriously put to use and I don't see you posting in my thread. You even have practically the same car as me! ;)

I haven't been here long but other than that guy with the sti who holds the "most stupid threads posted in the shortest amount of time" award it seems pretty cool around here. I just like that this is a LOCAL forum where I can actually hang out and meet the members in person. Haven't really been to any events yet but that's mostly cause my car has probably had the motor out of it for longer than it's been in ever since I bought it lol.

You wanna build a car and have something to talk about? Come give me a hand getting my motor back in the car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:55 AM   #13
tdmopar59
Tri-State Addict

Member #7808

My Ride:
09 Jetta 96 f-150

i think the main reason this site does not see too much technical stuff and things like that is because people use vehicle specific sites for these kinda things.. however i know a lot of us have experience with plenty of vehicles so I'm always down to lend a hand or help out with questions...
tdmopar59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:57 AM   #14
BlackTypeR
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #459

Send a message via AIM to BlackTypeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by i like rice View Post
I get bored at car meets after 20 minutes. Car forums, my attention span is ......... oh look, a pancake on a bunny

BlackTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:05 AM   #15
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TurboDSM View Post
<-------wants in

X2 The sole reason i joined this forum was to gain more knowledge not only about my vehicle but any other vehicle that was on the forum....Im already on Scion forums and you see the focus stray after time, especially as something grows.... Although I think this site is awesome with how funny some of the stuff i see, I sometimes get dissasppointed when i make a post about tuning, engines, cars, parts, etc i get 5-10 replies and look in the off topic section and see 10 pages of stuff.....
|Nikon|
Twitter:
SvicksTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:10 AM   #16
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmopar59 View Post
i think the main reason this site does not see too much technical stuff and things like that is because people use vehicle specific sites for these kinda things.. however i know a lot of us have experience with plenty of vehicles so I'm always down to lend a hand or help out with questions...
We used to be one of the best Subaru Tech forum.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:54 AM   #17
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
"Be the change you want to see." -Gandhi

So often in life people would prefer to sit on their ass and complain about a problem, but they aren't willing to get up and take action to do their part to fix it. There are a lot of members on TST who say they want to bring the quality of the forum back, myself included, but unless you all do your part its not going to happen.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:56 AM   #18
Erik
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1962

My Ride:
2001 Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo

I'm with you buster. I think tst's members have gone a little off the deepend when it comes to basic car discussion. It's all a pissing match that needs to be ended now. OT has pretty much spread like. Plague all over the boards. I would love to have more technical discussion. That's my main goal for joining any forum.

'96 Mazda Miata | FM V-Maxx Coilovers | Jackson Racing Exhaust/Intake GONE

01' Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo | Daily | NoMods
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:00 AM   #19
Erik
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1962

My Ride:
2001 Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
"Be the change you want to see." -Gandhi

So often in life people would prefer to sit on their ass and complain about a problem, but they aren't willing to get up and take action to do their part to fix it. There are a lot of members on TST who say they want to bring the quality of the forum back, myself included, but unless you all do your part its not going to happen.
What do you suggest us members that care do? If we tell someone they repost, we get flamed. If we misinterpret something, we get called noobs and discredited altogether. It's a pain in the ass but I want to help. Idk how though

'96 Mazda Miata | FM V-Maxx Coilovers | Jackson Racing Exhaust/Intake GONE

01' Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo | Daily | NoMods
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:05 AM   #20
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Contributing to tech, if you're able to, is a great start. Photograph an document the work you're doing on your car, take the time to write up a tutorial.
If you're curious about something, do the research, then share it with the group... whether its snow tires, brake compounds, dvd/nav head units, or replacement windshield wipers. If its of interest to you then chances are its of interest to someone else too.
Lead by example, and conduct yourself the way you'd like everyone to act.
If you see a post thats not following the rules, report it. The "report post" button is the red/white/black /!\ to the left of every post... use it!
These are just a few things off the top of my head... but really, take the first step and it will only get easier from there.

I am confident that the number of people who want a quality forum far outnumber those who don't care... but they are the silent majority.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote