TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-07-2006, 02:57 PM   #21
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Send a message via AIM to EvlEgl
I agree with tiny.

Sometimes you need to lock it but theres a point when that has to happen and usually its not at that point.

And as far as not talking about Street racing...The whole Roosevelt Mall thread is about ****GASP**** STREET RACING.

Infact, Pete is an avid visitor of that meet and races his car (As he should) ALL THE TIME. And he helped with the start of this site. and is a mod.

You really think the cops are oblivious to what we do? No. And Troll you cant tell me you havent ever not street raced, You also posted up in the *Can I drive without my hood thread* that you drove wihtout yours for a whole day....Thats an illegal act that YOU partcipated in...

Eh. Just my .02
EvlEgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:58 PM   #22
Tiny
Tri-State Addict

Member #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos311clarity View Post
its retarded because if you have a problem with admins.. talk to the admins... don't make some post about how you think things should be in the wrong forum no less... i payed attention... its not a matter of this being an opinion .. becuase you are entitled to it... its how you are handling the matter... like i said... PM the admins... ive had threads reopened because of conflicts... i pm'd the admin and talked it out... posts get cleaned up etc and the thread gets reopened... its really not a hard thing to understand.
Yet I still don't think you understand my point of view, and yours seems to be a little sarcastic because this is the second time you've pointed out that i'm in the wrong forum like i'm some new guy. Is this not off topic? It's not about cars.

I want this to be in the open. I want to incite intelligent discussion, and I want to see what people have to say about it. I enter this with the understanding that this is not my house, but I also think that it can be a fun place to frequent.

I am always open to argument, and I would love to carry on this conversation at a meet sometime as well. Sometimes I think we also get a little impersonal in this forum and it's fun to have a carry over to a face to face so we have something to talk about.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #23
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:

Quote:
its retarded because if you have a problem with admins.. talk to the admins... don't make some post about how you think things should be in the wrong forum no less... i payed attention... its not a matter of this being an opinion .. becuase you are entitled to it... its how you are handling the matter... like i said... PM the admins... ive had threads reopened because of conflicts... i pm'd the admin and talked it out... posts get cleaned up etc and the thread gets reopened... its really not a hard thing to understand.
I think he's trying to see who backs him and who doesnt...you cant PM the whole board...If the admins see people reacting in favor of Tiny they might realize he has a valid point....Its easier to address the forum through a thread rather than a PM
Old 11-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #24
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:

I think he wants it in the Feedback Part of the board.

Either way Its a moot point
Old 11-07-2006, 03:03 PM   #25
LSHatch
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #260

My Ride:
G3Fizzle

Send a message via AIM to LSHatch
Edit. Got your point with my last post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
LSHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #26
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Like what was said earlier, the Spotted Forum was initially put in place to try to help guys in the area meet up and see if others are on TST, not to say "I 'spotted' my car in a magazine" or "I 'spotted' a cop on a tow truck" or "I 'spotted' a ricery car haha lets laugh at it." Just because they have the word 'spotted' in them does not mean they are spotted threads and we are trying to clean up the Spotted Forum to help let the real threads shine through once again.

I also think that those who are interested in making a real change should contact myself or a moderator via PM first about it to see what we have to say, not start a thread which will inevitibly be cluttered with input from a ton of others and in the end not clearly make any good case at all. The way I see it someone interested in achieving a goal of change will contact us privately where someone interested in creating an uproar will start a thread. You may not look at it that way and I'm not accusing you of doing this intentionally, but thats just how I see the 2 routes playing out from past experience.

Dont get upset if you dont get much response from me or any other mods here... because like I said this isnt really the appropriate place to work on positive change. At the same time if anyone ever has any feedback or concerns about the site I welcome you to send me a PM about it and as long as you keep it constructive then I will be happy to discuss things with you.

Bryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:09 PM   #27
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:

I disagree.

One person expressing his opinion via PM with you on a matter where If I were a board admin would want more than one person to say "Hey your locking to many threads I think its Dumb" doesnt do it for me.

But your not me so that doesnt really matter. But as you said Tiny did what he felt was best and started a thread instead of sending a PM
Old 11-07-2006, 03:09 PM   #28
Tiny
Tri-State Addict

Member #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSHatch View Post
There is a huge difference between arguing opinions and making personal attacks. As this site has seen very often lately. People making direct attacks at people, their cars, whatever it may be. That is not needed on this site. It was set up as a car enthusiast site. Not a site to put down others.
Sure, but I've had a lot of success letting these people know that I personally doni't accept that sort of crap, and let it go at that. It's when we all play into it that it becomes a problem.

However I do see a decline in a lot of the long time members that used to squash a lot of this stuff and an increase in both guys (and girls) that join for nothing more then a chance to flame people.

Case in point, the first response I get is "this is retarded" from a person that looks like he is pretty accepted in the TST circle. Now I could have been a hot head and started going off, but i'm not going to feed into that, opting more towards talking to that guy in person and working this out face to face so that maybe next time he will see me as a friend and not a "retard".

Thats what i'm trying to get across. It's not the outside guys causing the trouble. It's us. And by locking threads we are not doing anything to stop it, just trying to plug the dam with our fingers.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:11 PM   #29
LSHatch
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #260

My Ride:
G3Fizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Sure, but I've had a lot of success letting these people know that I personally doni't accept that sort of crap, and let it go at that. It's when we all play into it that it becomes a problem.

However I do see a decline in a lot of the long time members that used to squash a lot of this stuff and an increase in both guys (and girls) that join for nothing more then a chance to flame people.

Case in point, the first response I get is "this is retarded" from a person that looks like he is pretty accepted in the TST circle. Now I could have been a hot head and started going off, but i'm not going to feed into that, opting more towards talking to that guy in person and working this out face to face so that maybe next time he will see me as a friend and not a "retard".

Thats what i'm trying to get across. It's not the outside guys causing the trouble. It's us. And by locking threads we are not doing anything to stop it, just trying to plug the dam with our fingers.

Old TST: "Dude, he has an automatic in the SRT4, that is sick!"

New TST: "What the hell is the point of that? Real drivers, drive stick. Want to race? Yeah, yeah. Wanna race cool guy?"

And sadly, that is this place now.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #30
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:

Ban everyone and start over
Old 11-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #31
LSHatch
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #260

My Ride:
G3Fizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

Sadly, most of them are gone.

I'm amazed some are still here. Including myself. I guess I come back to check up on some of the members I know, and see what is going on in my old neighborhood.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:17 PM   #32
Tiny
Tri-State Addict

Member #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Dont get upset if you dont get much response from me or any other mods here... because like I said this isnt really the appropriate place to work on positive change.
I respect your right to bow out gracefully from the conversation, and i'm not trying to incite a riot, quite the contrary since i've tried to diffuse most of the negative responses that i've recieved, but I really disagree with your statement. I think this IS the most appropriate place for positive change. Let the guys see what we feel about things, show people that we don't tolerate mean spirited kids, and be a POSITIVE role model for a change. Not every argument has to be negative, and I think that the regular posters that show up to our meets will respect that because we CAN talk face to face. I am not and never have been a bully in my life, but luckily my size gives pause to some people so that I can get them to talk instead of acting like an idiot. More times then not my size has only been a deterent so that the real issues could get worked out.

I like this site, I like the people that I get to meet at most of the regular hang outs, and I really do love cars. Thats what it's about and just like we handle the kids that come to OUR meets and do dumb displays of un-horsepower we should handle the random trouble makers on the forum the same way. Show them our displeasure, then flat out ignore them until they takl sense.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #33
Tiny
Tri-State Addict

Member #469

Quote:
Old TST: "Dude, he has an automatic in the SRT4, that is sick!"

New TST: "What the hell is the point of that? Real drivers, drive stick. Want to race? Yeah, yeah. Wanna race cool guy?"

And sadly, that is this place now.
LOL. I've gotten my fair share of both responses, but i'm big enough to understand that if you need to talk that way, you don't know about cars and you don't care to learn either. I have had people come to me and ask if it's slower because it's automatic, at which point I explain the benifits, and they walk away happy because they just learned something new. Thats really what i'm in it for because I love to teach people about cars as long as they'll listen.

Ah well.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:22 PM   #34
LSHatch
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #260

My Ride:
G3Fizzle

I've met you a few times at Absolute. I know what you look like. But, I'm just giving a comparison of the board then , and now.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:32 PM   #35
Tiny
Tri-State Addict

Member #469

Quote:
I've met you a few times at Absolute. I know what you look like. But, I'm just giving a comparison of the board then , and now.
Sure, I totally agree, but I think I was a bit garbled in the response. Typing before I finish my own thoughts helps to really confuse people!
Old 11-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #36
evomike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2578

My Ride:
03 duramax and a 04 evo

I completly agree with tiny there are a lot of threads I see get locked and wonder why I'm not gonna bring them up but I do agree with him
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #37
GLHWCU
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1641

My Ride:
04 civic

Send a message via AIM to GLHWCU
I actually kind of agree with caos on this one, i mean year you will always have your "e-thugs" and your idiots who want to post "I SAW A RICER BUWAHAHAHA" but in reality most people do follow the rules, and it is hard to decipher from a mod point of view which one is two people arguing over the feelings on a mod or something and two people goin at one another throats. Its the problem with online. You cant really tell how the other person is from reading it. I mean i will be the first to admit i drive a civic, and i have had millions of conversations in the past year and a half with people over my car and what should go into it and what shouldnt. And i feel it is constructive critisim but from a mod point of view if i post my car and people come on there and start going YOU SUCK BUWAAHAHAHAHA they will take that as it is getting out of hand, when in reality it might be a friend of mine or it could be some DB. In english what im sayin is give them some slack, its a harder job to read and preview everything then you can imagine.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:23 PM   #38
R33P3R007
Tri-State Addict

Member #1069

My Ride:
Cobalt SS

nice.

I agree, but they were picked to do a job. if you don't like how they do it. dont vote for them today

2005 Cobalt SS/SC
FOR SALE!!!

Quote:
car looked good, and sounded like this....brrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn brrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaannnn
R33P3R007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:45 PM   #39
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

I'll copy/paste my post in the "quality>quantity" thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSTOCK View Post
Oh well.

Check out some of the biggest forums on the net (the corral comes to mind). Without stupid posts, and a place to post them, it wouldn't be a FUN place to go. Forums, like this, aren't specific enough to lure the HARDCORE techs and enthusiasts, to talk about tech (hardcore 5.0 is the place to go for mustang 5.0's, while modularfords is the hardcore tech site for 4.6's, 99% of the people on those sites don't post in a lounge). While the corral is literally one of the biggest forums on the net, it's not known for the best hardcore advice. It's known as a good point to START learning, nothing more. It's the way it is, and you should have known it would end up like this. I don't see why you think it's a problem. You seem to have a pretty regular sign up rate, and the members appear to be staying. It's a smaller site, confined to a smaller area.

and Honest Bob summed it up nicely also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest_Bob View Post
Just thought I would chime in here...

If I want to know something about my ultra sexy wrx wagon its off to Nasioc I go. Yes half the posts are burried by usless stuff but the answer is usually there and there are multiple threads about it so I can compare information. The information may be availible here but I'm still gonna go to Nasioc because I know for a fact that the information is going to be there. I use this forum mostly for the upcomming events and for the OT. I beleive the upcomming events alone are worth joining the forum, and in general the people here seem very friendly. Striving to be everyones "technical forum" seems to be stretching it a bit since there can only be so much talent in the tristate area to fullfill those needs.

Just my opinion, but I think its one of the best forums out there and is my most visited of them all.

I think good points have been made by a lot of members. For instance, the curse words can't be used, while the adim has someone giving the finger. It doesn't bother me, just as the actual word wouldn't.

At any rate, this is a fun place to be. I don't see too much excessive locking (haven't looked for it), but if that's the case, it's definately going to be LESS fun, which means less members sign up, and less members stay.

EDIT: I checked out some of the locked threads, and I would say about 9/10 should have been locked IMO. They either ran their course, were just plan stupid, or talked about illegal things.

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 11-07-2006 at 05:54 PM.
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:13 PM   #40
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Send a message via AIM to Gorilla Unit 33
Quote:
PM the admins...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
I also think that those who are interested in making a real change should contact myself or a moderator via PM first about it to see what we have to say
Ok i have one thing to say about Pming Troll. I have had tried NUMEROUS times to get in contact with him before at all different ocassions for all different reasons. I think i may have had a response once when i first was starting to post here other then that i had only been contacted by troll to recieve my first and only warning. Other then that i have been ignored NUMEROUS times and told you were busy once which was understandable, but that was after 4 un replied pms & starting a thread ATTN:TROLL. Now I know for a fact that im not the only member on here that has been ignored because i had taked to others that complain about the same thing, even recently.

I think i have expressed my feelings about the mods in a thread i started before at one time along these same reasons in a way. Although some mods i have had change in how i felt about this website since then in a positive way.

Last edited by Gorilla Unit 33; 11-07-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Gorilla Unit 33 is offline   Reply With Quote