TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Subaru Talk
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-30-2008, 12:13 AM   #1
Glick
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3240

My Ride:
2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

Send a message via AIM to Glick
Brake Fluid Change Procedure

I have a few questions about changing brake fluid. Now, I have ATE SuperBlue sitting here waiting to be put into my car, along with some new stainless steel lines. Now, first question, will SuperBlue harm my system at all? I've never used it with a car that had ABS, so I'm asking to be sure. Also, what is the procedure of changing the fluid? Is it best to keep bleeding the far passenger side wheel first and then just wait until I see blue fluid? Also, do they bleed in the normal order? Back right, back left, front right, front left?
Glick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:12 AM   #2
Full Boost
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6804

My Ride:
2004 WRX 2003 350Z

ATE Super Blue fluid I believe is DOT 4 and can be mixed DOT 3 without problems. However I am not sure what type of fluid you already have. It should work fine on cars with ABS. Try not to get it on the paint because it can damage it.
Full Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs

Send a message via AIM to Supraru
Only problem you might runt into is with dot 5 silicone race fluid. I know my friend ran that on his Rs back in the day with no issues what so ever. Now there is no point in running silicone race fluid with Castrol SRF out there. It is the best brake fluid on the market period. Got a bottle waiting to go in.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
lude98SH
Tri-State Addict

Member #1684

well what i usually do when i bleed is first off get a turkey baster and suck all the old fluid out the the master cylinder. Then replace it with the new fluid and then bleed all 4 wheels using the correct procedure. This does not necessarily mean going from the farthest wheel to the closest. When bleeding just wait until you see blue fluid with NO Bubbles then tighten bleeder and make sure your pedal feels normal.

BTW where the hell does everyone buy ATE superblue ? I bought some awhile back that im running now but im just about out of it and cant find it at any stores around here.
lude98SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #63

Send a message via AIM to RyanG
we usually stock it. Its hard to come by anymore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
RyanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #6
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
check out this link... its got a really thorough step by step: http://scoobymods.com/forums/showthr...bleeding+brake

the proper bleeding sequence is:

1) Passenger Front
2) Drivers Rear
3) Drivers Front
4) Passenger Rear

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote