TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery > Photography
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Looking for talented TST photographers to cover local events

Now more than ever I've been noticing that there are a lot of talented photographers on the site, which is awesome.

TST has worked with quite a few on event coverage in the past but I'd like to expand what we're doing and bring in more talented photographers to help us achieve that.

If you are interested in covering any events coming up soon or in the future please contact me to talk about it. We are looking for photography as well as a writeup of the event which can be brief or more in depth, and I will be happy to help you with that if you would like.

The ideal photography will tell the full story of the event... start to finish, top to bottom, end to end. Imagine all the people who will view your photos who were not at the event; you want your photos to cover the day's events so well that they feel like they were there, and show them all of the sights and all of the action of the day from cars to people, tight detail shots to wide angles, individuals to groups, rolling to parked, etc. This type of journalistic photography may be different than what you are used to but its a new challenge and I personally find it very interesting and challenging.

Your photography will potentially be featured in our TST Event Coverage section as well as on the home page of the forum, and you will receive a photo credit for each of your photos. This can be great experience for upcoming photographers, it can look great on a resume, and it can be a lot of fun too!

If the event you are looking to cover requires a media pass then please contact me about it with as much advance notice as possible (1-2 months when possible), and I can try to assist with getting you the proper access.

TST is looking to further establish itself as a professional quality local automotive media source, and any photographer or writer covering an event for TST will be expected to act appropriately to represent us accordingly. Please be serious about your photography and/or writing and act professionally so that everyone can make the most of this. Please also be confident in the quality of your work and that it will uphold the high standards we have set for ourselves thus far.

Please also suggest events to cover even if you aren't interested or able to cover them yourself! Some examples of news-worthy stories would be:
-local car shows
-local amateur or professional car races... road course, auto-x, drag, or drift
-feature stories on local notable people within the automotive scene
-feature on unknown people worth noting, with an interesting story to tell
-other features
-car of the month! definitely want to get this back on track, but want it to be stronger and more organized so it sticks around this time

Post here if you're interested or contact me to talk about it. Thanks to everyone who has helped in the past and who is interested in helping in the future... there is so much potential with the number of visitors to our site and its something that we can really put to our advantage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 05-09-2010 at 10:26 AM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Xavier
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7219

My Ride:
has that V-Twin rumble

I am signing Asian Jul up.
$50 if some one will break nicks fingers. i dont know how many times i can read just how cool he is.
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #3
sleeper15
Tri-State Addict

Member #14620

My Ride:
08 Civic Mugen SI, 08 S2000 CR

you've got a PM there Troll

sleeper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
Erik
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1962

My Ride:
2001 Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo

Count me in Troll. Willing to help out anytime!

'96 Mazda Miata | FM V-Maxx Coilovers | Jackson Racing Exhaust/Intake GONE

01' Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo | Daily | NoMods
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Great guys, thanks for the responses.
One of the biggest parts of this is generating content. Keep a heads up for events that are upcoming, we can get a nice calendar together and schedule what we think is most important to cover, and make sure that people are going to cover it.
Also, there are a lot of feature type of stories out there which aren't scheduled events, but rather a more long term and free-style type of project. These would be a fantastic addition to what we've been doing so far on the forum. They are going to be more challenging but probably also more rewarding to put together.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 05-09-2010, 03:12 AM   #6
Erik
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1962

My Ride:
2001 Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo

the projects, do you mean something like a TST member project build spotlight type of article? That could be a cool idea perhaps?

'96 Mazda Miata | FM V-Maxx Coilovers | Jackson Racing Exhaust/Intake GONE

01' Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo | Daily | NoMods
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #7
JDMTyler3326
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9917

My Ride:
^

Send a message via AIM to JDMTyler3326
I am not great but I could help you out.
JDMTyler3326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #8
jrtcbmw
Tri-State Addict

Member #1850

My Ride:
F250 6.0Powerstroke, E36 Project Track Car/Drift Car

Send a message via AIM to jrtcbmw
count me in... always willing to help. Now that ive got my new job i have my nights/weekends back so i can start attending events again.

"I don’t fail, I succeed at finding what doesn’t work"
jrtcbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #9
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
I'd be more then willing to help out and share from the events i attend. But my schedule is very limiting.

grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #10
Khellen
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5720

My Ride:
05 STi 30R Brotated 400awhp

Send a message via AIM to Khellen
Great idea!. I'm really excited to see the content that results from this.
2004 Honda S2000
2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean
Khellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #11
GeoffBern
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3673

My Ride:
2007 Legacy

I will be living down in maryland, If you have any events down there I can def work!!

GeoffBern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #12
ibreakcars
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19365

My Ride:
2005 Subaru LGT

I guess I could help out.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #13
ketchup!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #656

My Ride:
Speedooo's Sister

what about video? i can help with that

ketchup! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #14
twizhimself
Tri-State Addict

Member #950

My Ride:
2004 Subaru WRX

Send a message via AIM to twizhimself
i can cover west coast events :-)

twizhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #15
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreakcars View Post
I guess I could help out.
Would love to have you as a contributor. What do you know of that is coming up, and what are you planning to attend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup! View Post
what about video? i can help with that
Video would be great... just would be important to have quick turnaround time on things since I know video requires a lot of editing time. If you're interested please keep TST in mind for any events you're planning to go to and we can talk ahead of time about setting things up properly.

If anyone else is interested lets definitely pick back up on this and start putting out a lot more features!

Sorry, west coast is a little out of our range :/...

|

Quote:

|
Old 08-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #16
taerae86
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20522

My Ride:
2007 Chevy Cobalt

i'd be willing to help, as well
2007 Chevy Cobalt LT - Ported & Polished Eaton M62 l 2.9 Smoothflow Polished Pulley l LS4 TB l Dual Pass l Option B l 60# Injectors l RAW 3" CAI l GMPP Exhaust l Trifecta Tuned l SS Body Kit & much more...it's just an LT

taerae86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:27 AM   #17
Spanky
Tri-State Addict

Member #15013

My Ride:
2001 Neon R/T

Send a message via AIM to Spanky
I would love to help out,I have a bunch or photos and video from events over the summer and i cover the aouth jersey scca autocross events when im not running my car.I attend many shows and events in jersey and other events outside jersey.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #18
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:
MK5 TDI Cup Edition Jetta, MK5 GLI

I think my work is getting better so I wouldn't mind helping out

IG: @mike_perfectstance
Sublime1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #19
twizhimself
Tri-State Addict

Member #950

My Ride:
2004 Subaru WRX

Send a message via AIM to twizhimself
im def in if/when i move back to Easton :-)

(i mean if you want me to help out of course)

twizhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #20
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:
98 Trans Am WS7 | 01 Trans AM WS6 | 03 VW Golf TDI | 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (ZJ)

Send a message via AIM to PAFirefighter11
I'd consider it if free time allows. Do we get a press pass? :-P
Nikon D2x | Canon AE-1 | SB600 | Nikkor Lenses: 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 50 1.8 | 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Dakine Sequence | Bogen/Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod | 3231 Monopod | 486RC2 head | AlienBees B1600 | etc.
FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
wow some of you jeep guys party hard
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote