TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Honda / Acura Talk
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
deadone000
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1255

people from the honda scene need ur help

ok so me & my gf want to start a project on my car(93 integra) we was planning to go lsvtec but i chose to just build up the b18a1...i made a list of things that i would be purchasin and hopefully be finished by summer time...the car is basicly stock right now...so far i only have a k&n short ram intake...i plan on purchasin a megan racing header soon...and so far im lookin into purchasin crower 404 cams, crower dual springs & retainers ,ctr pistons & rings, arp bolts...so my question is my car will be used for daily driving...so are the 404's good or would i need to take a step down for the 403's?and with upgrading the cams would i need to upgrade my valves too?

Last edited by deadone000; 03-05-2007 at 10:43 PM.
deadone000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:06 PM   #2
na is best!
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3643

okay... first for daily driving I wouldnt recomend the CTR pistons in a LS/V setup....I am not familiar with crower cams but with any cam upgrade it is recomended to upgrade to a stiffer valve..megan headers are alright but there are better choices.... the springs and retainers are fine... you dont really need eagle rods with a OEM piston... just use your LS rods...or get both rods and pistons aftermarket...arp rod bolts are good...NOW FOR MY ADVICE.... I am not sure on what you budget for this build is or what goals you are going for... but here is a good simple allmotor/nitrous street setup...

Go ls/vtec... all you need is a head, dizzy, sandwich plate and oil lines.. it is definetly worth it(i actually perfer the gsr block but if you got a ls already run with it)
for head work get supertech valvetrain with flat face valves, skunk2 cams, adj. cam gears, 2 layer cometic head gasket, use you ls bottom with ls crank and rods and get some 81.5mm jdm b16 pistons... your compression would be decent for allmotor or spray setup... should be able to make some good numbers.... also get yours hands on a b16 tranny.. if you have anyquestions feel free to ask me.. I also can get all the parts I listed above and more...good luck with your build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
na is best! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
Loserkidwac
Tri-State Addict

Member #2550

My Ride:
1992 Mazda Miata, 1991 Honda CRX Si LS-T, 95 Civic VX

Since it sounds like you decided against going LS/Vtec and you just want to build the LS, why not make a turbo build? PM if you are interested I have a few LS motors for sale and a B16 long block B18b Short block combo too perfect if you decide to go LS/Vtec or a low miles B18b that would love some boost...that would keep you from having any down time with your car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Loserkidwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
deadone000
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1255

im not lookin into makin crazy power thats why i really dont wanna go with the ls vtec or boost, i just want to make like 20-40 horses something to keep up with si's and gsr's...would i need to upgrade my rods too or would they be just fine with the setup i mentioned earlier?

Last edited by deadone000; 03-05-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:04 PM   #5
Loserkidwac
Tri-State Addict

Member #2550

My Ride:
1992 Mazda Miata, 1991 Honda CRX Si LS-T, 95 Civic VX

20-40hp...just bottle feed it

Loserkidwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:38 PM   #6
na is best!
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3643

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadone000 View Post
im not lookin into makin crazy power thats why i really dont wanna go with the ls vtec or boost, i just want to make like 20-40 horses something to keep up with si's and gsr's...would i need to upgrade my rods too or would they be just fine with the setup i mentioned earlier?
lsvtecs arent crazy hp... if they are crazy too you then you must see ALOT of slow cars...

anyway if you really wanna stay straight ls then your rods and pct pistons would be fine.. you dont need to do anything to the rods.. you should have around 11.6 ratio.. good for juice by the way

Old 03-05-2007, 11:42 PM   #7
CHR!S
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #460

My Ride:
2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Send a message via AIM to CHR!S
boost it at like 5psi. get like 170ish whp.

www.honda-tech.com is always a GREAT place for technical info.

reliable ls/vtec builds: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1362978
CHR!S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:43 PM   #8
na is best!
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3643

screw honda tech!!!!!!! bunch of mr. no it alls who dont own nothing and just like to hate... thats why I am here... nice small site.. there are a couple of knowledgeable ppl here who can help him with any build he needs help with....TRISTATETUNERS FOR THE WIN!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 12:10 AM   #9
CHR!S
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #460

My Ride:
2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by na is best! View Post
screw honda tech!!!!!!! bunch of mr. no it alls who dont own nothing and just like to hate... thats why I am here... nice small site.. there are a couple of knowledgeable ppl here who can help him with any build he needs help with....TRISTATETUNERS FOR THE WIN!!!
guess you dont read any of the technical forums on honda-tech then. not everyone on there is a know-it-all. plus, every honda/acura person on this site doesnt know everything there is to know about hondas.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #10
deadone000
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1255

lol...im not looking to boost at all or do lsvtec...only reason why i chose to build b/c 1 of my piston rings got fried so im like ill just take this advantage to get some extra stuff on the side
Old 03-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #11
CHR!S
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #460

My Ride:
2005 Cadillac CTS-V

well since you want to stick with the all motor non vtec ls, crower products are the best for this.
the crower 404's are a pretty agressive ls cam, but there shouldnt be any problem using them in a daily. my friend is using buddy club spec 3+'s in his gsr and as long as your car is tuned properly it will run fine. with these cams, its highly suggested to upgrade the rest of the valvetrain as well since you will be putting more stress on the internals with the cams. even if you run crower 403's you should still upgrade the valvetrain.

I would also suggest not getting ctr pistons, rather get some nice 10.0-10.5:1 wiseco/arias/je/cp pistons and some eagle rods. the stock ls components were only made to rev out to 7000 rpms and they tend to get damaged when revving higher up.

www.nonvtec.com is a good place for non-vtec research. i remember seeing a guy on there with an ls block with the crower 404's push out 190whp and almost 175wtq. good luck with the build
Old 03-06-2007, 02:24 PM   #12
deadone000
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1255

alright thanks
Old 03-06-2007, 04:55 PM   #13
spoolinSTi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3356

My Ride:
1998 Eagle talon TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to spoolinSTi
b20vtec.com has a really good write up on lsvtec
spoolinSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:05 AM   #14
ketchup!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #656

My Ride:
Speedooo's Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHR!S View Post
guess you dont read any of the technical forums on honda-tech then. not everyone on there is a know-it-all. plus, every honda/acura person on this site doesnt know everything there is to know about hondas.
agreed, h-t helped me learn alot in the technical aspect, especially when it comes to boost

ketchup! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:27 AM   #15
highmilehatch
Tri-State Addict

Member #929

Send a message via AIM to highmilehatch
If your looking here to learn anything "technical" about Hondas, your on the wrong site. Granted, there are some that are knowledgeable, but most don't take this site seriously and just use it as a playground for their asinine thoughts, and occasionally like to bicker like children. Everything you could ever possibly want to know is in the H-tech archives. Alot of the fast guys on there definitely know their stuff. Also take a look at:

http://forums.evans-tuning.com/

www.hondaswap.com

http://technet.ff-squad.com/

http://www.hybridgarage.com/

Last edited by highmilehatch; 03-07-2007 at 12:48 AM.
highmilehatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:35 AM   #16
deadone000
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1255

thanks for all the help, hopefully i can get it done by june
Old 03-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #17
2000MRDC2
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1004

My Ride:
1999 Integra LS Sedan

Send a message via AIM to 2000MRDC2
if u really need advice mike from BCspeed on here is a vendor and he knows his **** so PM me or go to the vendor forum and give him a call.

Honda <3
2000MRDC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #18
dturbocivic
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2384

My Ride:
XXXX HP to the tires :P

i dont know sh1t about honda's or any engine/car for that matter..

-

dturbocivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #19
CHR!S
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #460

My Ride:
2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by dturbocivic View Post
i dont know sh1t about honda's or any engine/car for that matter..
i wouldnt be surprised. didnt you buy your racecar already built?
Old 03-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #20
E-Money
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #3496

My Ride:
1999 Honda Prelude

turbo
E-Money is offline   Reply With Quote