TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Regional (Yup, Tri-State is really Five-State) > Pennsylvania
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-02-2005, 12:05 AM   #1
Aaron
Tri-State Addict

Member #185

Send a message via AIM to Aaron
Whats the best Subaru dealer to have warranty work done?

Well my stock CD player broke on the way down to South Jersey today. I stopped by my suby dealer down here at 4, they said their tech's had left for the day and that I'd have to come back tomorrow. I won't be around tomorrow unfortunately. So, I'll probably have to get it done in PA sometime next week.
The Suby dealer down here already tried to pin it on me with "what kind of cd's did you have in it."
I wanted to say "a little rap and rock, why?"; but instead I played along and answered with what they wanted to hear: "a few burned cd's and a few purchased."
Bastard was then like "oh well that may be the culprit, I think it even says in the manual that you're not supposed to use those."
Bah, whatever, they're 5.5 inches round and plastic. Am I supposed to use Subaru brand cd's?? I can't believe they're already on the defense. Hence, the reason I'd like to find a decent place in PA.

Suggestions?
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:07 AM   #2
teh DIRT
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6

My Ride:
Legacy 2.0GT

Send a message via AIM to teh DIRT
i need to get me some subaru brand CD's. i wonder what they would play. hmmm.... um i dont know any good dealerships. I have never been to one.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:14 AM   #3
Fantayzias
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #80

Fred Beans in Doylestown
Fantayzias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:38 AM   #4
SmokeyBandit
Tri-State Addict

Member #194

CD-R's and CD-RW's are a little thinner...which jams up in the loading mechanisms.

Bose audio system + CD-R/RW do not mix also
Old 03-02-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
alachua
Tri-State Addict

Member #4

My Ride:
14 Miata Club

Send a message via AIM to alachua
What happened that it 'broke' ?

I have had on a few occasions where it would no longer respond to any buttons on the front pannel, and even pulling the fuse would not reset it. Both times, I simply pulled all the plugs from the radio, and that fixed the problem.

To do so, remove the radio trim/hvac controls trim. You can do this without removing the cupholder up top, but it makes it somewhat easier to do it if you take out the cup holder. The trim is not held in by any screws, so just gently pull on it in starting from top to bottom. Do not attempt to use a screw driver to pop it out, as you will leave marks on the dash.

There are two screws that hold the radio in. Once you have the trim piece out, there are 6 screws that hold in the radio. Four of them are at the corners, and are visabile. The other two are on the sides, and are recessed back a bit. A standard screw driver is long enough to reach all of the screws.

Now, pull the radio forward, and remove the two harnesses that plug into the back of the radio. Give it a five count. Now plug them back in. Before reassembly, turn on the car to check that the radio works. Also, make sure you did not pull the antenna out of the back of the radio.

Put the six screws back in, click the trim into place, and replace the cupholder if you removed it. A word of caution, the two screws on the cup holder go into plastic, so be careful of stripping them with too much force.

-Cliff
Old 03-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #6
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh DIRT
i need to get me some subaru brand CD's. i wonder what they would play. hmmm.... um i dont know any good dealerships. I have never been to one.

"you're warranty is void, you're warranty is void...." over and over again
I know Miller in SJ is fairly cool, but I don't know any PA dealers....
Old 03-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #7
criz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5

My Ride:
2008 Subaru WRX STi

Send a message via AIM to criz Send a message via MSN to criz
Colonial Subaru is cool

2008 WRX STi - The next episode
2004 WRX STi Stage 2 - traded in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

xbox live: criztoph
criz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:15 PM   #8
Aaron
Tri-State Addict

Member #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by alachua
What happened that it 'broke' ?

I have had on a few occasions where it would no longer respond to any buttons on the front pannel, and even pulling the fuse would not reset it. Both times, I simply pulled all the plugs from the radio, and that fixed the problem.

To do so, remove the radio trim/hvac controls trim. You can do this without removing the cupholder up top, but it makes it somewhat easier to do it if you take out the cup holder. The trim is not held in by any screws, so just gently pull on it in starting from top to bottom. Do not attempt to use a screw driver to pop it out, as you will leave marks on the dash.

There are two screws that hold the radio in. Once you have the trim piece out, there are 6 screws that hold in the radio. Four of them are at the corners, and are visabile. The other two are on the sides, and are recessed back a bit. A standard screw driver is long enough to reach all of the screws.

Now, pull the radio forward, and remove the two harnesses that plug into the back of the radio. Give it a five count. Now plug them back in. Before reassembly, turn on the car to check that the radio works. Also, make sure you did not pull the antenna out of the back of the radio.

Put the six screws back in, click the trim into place, and replace the cupholder if you removed it. A word of caution, the two screws on the cup holder go into plastic, so be careful of stripping them with too much force.

-Cliff
I unplugged the battery hoping to kill all power from it; basically the same thing as ripping apart the dash to pull the plug. I lost all the radio stations so I know it worked. However, once it powered back up its under the impression that the 6 discs in the player aren't actually there. I can' eject anything, I can't fool it into taking any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by criz
Colonial Subaru is cool
I have nothing good to say about Colonial. I tried buying there twice with all my might. Each time, no matter how hard I tried, they couldn't sell me a car. I don't like the people there and don't want anything to do with them. :thumbdow:

Looks like I'll be hiking up to Fred Beans sometime this week... a few times.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:25 PM   #9
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Colonial Subaru is cool
Bad things happen at Colonial.

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:51 PM   #10
criz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5

My Ride:
2008 Subaru WRX STi

their service has been great, I didn't buy my car there, I bought it at Martin Subaru in Jersey...

My car has been to colonial a bunch of times including replacing the rear axle... no problems

[/i]

Old 03-05-2005, 04:21 PM   #11
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

I'm glad they were good to you. They weren't to me.

Old 03-05-2005, 04:40 PM   #12
criz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5

My Ride:
2008 Subaru WRX STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyREX
I'm glad they were good to you. They weren't to me.
thumbs down to that!

Old 03-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #13
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Yea, big thumbs down. My rectum still hurts.

Old 03-30-2005, 04:58 PM   #14
272sWrx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #281

Send a message via AIM to 272sWrx
fred beans subaru is the stupid. they had to stop a collant line from leaking. the one from the turbo to the coolant resvior. long story short they just tied both ends up when there was a gapping hole in the middle of the hose.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:10 PM   #15
Aaron
Tri-State Addict

Member #185

Update: As you can see, it's been a month since the problem surfaced. I went in and they told me they're ordering a factory replacement. I went back a week later still after not hearing from them and said whats the dilly-o. They told me I get a refurb and that they're backordered, with 72 units ahead of me. Three weeks later and I'm still waiting.

So today I said screw it. I pulled the radio out and dislodged the CD myself. I took all my non-burned CD's out incase it happens again. They can keep the ones in there now. I probably removed 30 screws, and had 3 left when I was done. Still trying to figure out where they go. Oh wells, I have a working cd player again and when they FINALLY do get a radio to me, I'll let them have my unit. I really wanted to figure out how to get that light mod done while it was apart. the_mike, let me know if you get any extra condoms, I'll buy em.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:43 PM   #16
criz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5

My Ride:
2008 Subaru WRX STi

which dealer are you dealing with aaron?

Old 04-04-2005, 11:45 PM   #17
Aaron
Tri-State Addict

Member #185

Burke in South Jersey.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:46 AM   #18
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Send a message via AIM to SexyDSM95
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyREX
Quote:
Colonial Subaru is cool
Bad things happen at Colonial.
I agree...Colonial Volkswagon off 309 and Street Road are butt heads. My ex had to go there when his trans took a crap. The only major thing he had was a FMIC and CAI. He could easily hide the chip and other misc things, but Colonial said his warranty was voided becuase of the CAI. Not the huge FMIC, but the CAI....

I have another friend with a STI who went to the same Colonial to get his CEL checked out, he got his car back with a worn out clutch.
SexyDSM95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #19
criz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5

My Ride:
2008 Subaru WRX STi

I meant Colonial Subaru on Street rd.

interesting that the heads on 309 were cool with the fmic

Old 04-05-2005, 10:52 AM   #20
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Send a message via AIM to SexyDSM95
Quote:
I meant Colonial Subaru on Street rd.
I thought it said Colonial VW on the sign and they just sold Scoobies. I work down the street from it I will take a look during lunch.
SexyDSM95 is offline   Reply With Quote