TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-26-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Send a message via AIM to drew
it's official, everyone from texas is a retarded

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,246279,00.html

that's crazy! i wonder if this guy ever heard of "freedom of speech"

i think it's a stupid word that people use way to lightly but come on now, trying to fine people for saying it is retarded

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by drew; 01-26-2007 at 12:17 PM.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #2
STI_wagon
Tri-State Addict

Member #388

n-word FTB....

IBLUXCOMMENTS
Lux has four!?!? omg does she have teh sister?
STI_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Send a message via AIM to EvlEgl
FTB??

Can i get a translation
EvlEgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #4
Ronin Tactical
Tri-State Addict

Member #690

My Ride:
2007 WRX STI / 2006 Dodge Ram 3500

Send a message via AIM to Ronin Tactical Send a message via MSN to Ronin Tactical Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin Tactical
OK, I'm from West Columbia, 8 miles from Brazoria - what's wrong with banning the use of the N-word? Do you not agree that it's one of the most offensive words in our language, especially if you're black? Most comedy clubs in the nation have banned the word from people's acts because of the Kramer fiasco.

If "freedom of speech" is your only argument for wanting to offend an entire race a people at your whim, that's a really weak argument.

Having a penalty for breaking the law is nothing new. By the way, anyone here who is or was military can attest to Article 117 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice that's been around for 200 years. In a nutshell, if I do anything or say anything to you that would provoke you into wanting to fight, I can be charged.

Your freedom of speech ends when you raise your fist into the air...and it contacts someone's face.

I take exception to the retard comment, too, Northeast dude...we have something that many here don't have - common sense. I also have a master's and two bachelor's.....what does the person throwing the retard word around have?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Ronin Tactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:23 PM   #5
Ronin Tactical
Tri-State Addict

Member #690

My Ride:

Send a message via AIM to Ronin Tactical Send a message via MSN to Ronin Tactical Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin Tactical
By the way, there were LOTS of people calling for fining Kramer $100,000 for every time he used the n-word in his tirade.

And what if I posted a thread titled "everyone from PA is retarded"...? Sheesh.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:24 PM   #6
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

that will never go thru... there is no way that can put some kind of statute of limitations on what kind of usage is what.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #7
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lewis View Post
OK, I'm from West Columbia, 8 miles from Brazoria - what's wrong with banning the use of the N-word? Do you not agree that it's one of the most offensive words in our language, especially if you're black? Most comedy clubs in the nation have banned the word from people's acts because of the Kramer fiasco.

If "freedom of speech" is your only argument for wanting to offend an entire race a people at your whim, that's a really weak argument.

Having a penalty for breaking the law is nothing new. By the way, anyone here who is or was military can attest to Article 117 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice that's been around for 200 years. In a nutshell, if I do anything or say anything to you that would provoke you into wanting to fight, I can be charged.

Your freedom of speech ends when you raise your fist into the air...and it contacts someone's face.

I take exception to the retard comment, too, Northeast dude...we have something that many here don't have - common sense. I also have a master's and two bachelor's.....what does the person throwing the retard word around have?
banning a word is one thing, but trying to enforce the ban with a $500 fine? come on that's ridiculous. I don't use the word, not because I find it offensive but because I have respect for those that do. If someone else wants to use it, that's there choice, let them get their ass kicked for it and call it a day.

and oh, wow! you have a masters, that's awesome.. let's see, that shows one thing, that you were born before me. i'm in school right now working towards mine, in a few years i'll let you know how it turns out. in the mean time, i think you're a tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos311clarity View Post
that will never go thru... there is no way that can put some kind of statute of limitations on what kind of usage is what.
seriously. black people tend to throw the word back and fourth like it has no bad history behind it, then you get idiot wiggers that use it in the same manner and it's suddenly offensive. there is a huge double standard with the word and NOBODY should be using it, if they're going to ban it in any form it should be outright. but trying to fine $500 for it is beyond stupid

Last edited by drew; 01-26-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:33 PM   #8
Lux
Tri-State Addict

Member #1290

My Ride:
03' Chrysler PT Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux
look where i came from it was 99.9% hispanic... only one black family and 6 white families so i dont think the N-word is abig deal to south texas... so yea. PPL STOP JUDGING TEXAS.. not all of it sucks.
Yeah, that's pretty new...happened the other day. Wedding's next week...you weren't invited?
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:34 PM   #9
Lux
Tri-State Addict

Member #1290

My Ride:
03' Chrysler PT Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux
Brazoria, Texas

that town I HAVE NO FREGGIN IDEA WHERE THAT IS!?!?!?!
Yeah, that's pretty new...happened the other day. Wedding's next week...you weren't invited?
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:34 PM   #10
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

True, it will never get passed. But I fail to see why the guy is 'retarded'...what is so retarded, that it will never pass, or the fact that he's trying to show people that it is a very abused word and can be very offensive?

Rather than call someone a tard, give a reason why its such a bad idea.

[edit] a word used way to lightly? really? seriously?

2013 Nissan Juke, 1.6T/Auto/FWD (wife's car lol
)
Intercooled T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:35 PM   #11
Ronin Tactical
Tri-State Addict

Member #690

My Ride:

It's obviously a political effort, to say "look at me, look what I did, now vote for me".

Saying everyone from Texas is retarded if fighting words, though, just as it would be if I made that comment about people here. Of course, youse guys here don't fight, you just talk about it.

Come on down to Brazoria, TX, and announce that everyone's a retard...I'd pay to see that. Or, just come to the Best Western in Kulpsville on a Thursday night (karaoke, dollar beer)....I'll be there, along with 4 other Texans...you can announce your opinion there, and see how that whole "freedom of speech" thing works out for you.

I'll buy you your choice or Yuengling or Coors Light to show you there are no hard feelings, after I've had my opportunity at expressing my personal freedoms.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #12
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
look where i came from it was 99.9% hispanic... only one black family and 6 white families so i dont think the N-word is abig deal to south texas... so yea. PPL STOP JUDGING TEXAS.. not all of it sucks.
it all sucks! i lived in temecula and san deigo ( ca ) when i was young, i never liked the weather but we had to go to texas a few times and it was like HELL

not going to bash texans, just the state in general haha

Old 01-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #13
Ronin Tactical
Tri-State Addict

Member #690

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Brazoria, Texas

that town I HAVE NO FREGGIN IDEA WHERE THAT IS!?!?!?!
Brazoria is 50 miles South of Houston, about 10 miles off the Gulf....not far from Freeport and Galveston.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #14
STI_wagon
Tri-State Addict

Member #388

FTB For The Ban..
Lux has four!?!? omg does she have teh sister?
STI_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #15
igo4bmx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #592

My Ride:
2009 Audi A3 Quattro, 2008 BMW X5, 2003 WW Evo8, 2000 Turbo SOHC Civic

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
Texas has really hot chicks
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:48 PM   #16
Ronin Tactical
Tri-State Addict

Member #690

My Ride:

Yessir, and Sonic Drive-In, where we cruise pretty much every night with minimal hassles.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #17
whitezenki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3121

My Ride:
1992 Nissan 240sx

Send a message via AIM to whitezenki
Hillary once tried to ban anime for everyone under 21, and she went on a tirade about the coffee mod in GTA 3 i think, ready to hang anyone she could

its politics... they all do it

You gonna drive it, or buy it a dress?

whitezenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:53 PM   #18
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Send a message via AIM to zerioustt
Its funny how people take offense to a word. A word that's meaning has nothing to do with black people. Now I understand it was used to be offensive to blacks, but ban the word and fine people? Cmon now, people in this counrty are taking away are freedoms little by little. This one is going above and beyond.

your mom has no thumbs and hitch hikes like this...

Quote:
Yea seriously. Zerioustt is a toolbag.
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #19
blu4door
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #504

My Ride:
1979 ford econoline van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lewis View Post
And what if I posted a thread titled "everyone from PA is retarded"...? Sheesh.

I would have to agree.
blu4door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
LiquidFire
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3076

My Ride:
2006 Tiburon GT

Send a message via AIM to LiquidFire
if you're going to ban a a racial slur you would have to ban them all. banning one and not the others (or in this case, trying to ban) shows that people think this one word is worse than the rest. its not, they are all equally bad. for a "free country" we sure are trying to make all kinds of stupid ass rules. i mean seriously in this country in this day and age everytime someone "feels" offended they have to whine and cry about it to someone til the person that made them "feel" offended gets in trouble, and lately its been on the legal side. if you have a problem with something someone says or does, ****ing tell them. dont go crying to the govt and dont start a "war" on it. say something to them and work out your differences. its easy as that. i dont understand why people are soo damn uptight these days either. something offends everyone now and its getting old. get the sticks out of your asses and get along with each other, its not that hard to do

LiquidFire is offline   Reply With Quote