TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #21
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
anything over 20psi on a subaru is pushing it. Unless its a big big turbo. The problem is the hotside is too small. Only about 7cm on most upgrades until a 20g and even then its a 8cm. Mitsubishis can run higher boost because of a much larger housing.

If you like the 06-07 its as simple as a front clip swap on a previous model. I cant say I know too many Subie guys running E85 though.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #22
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Send a message via AIM to WRX_JB
Yo will the COBB heat shield fit over that hks downpipe?

-AWD Civic 91' - Sold -2000 Cavalier -Sold
-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
WRX_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #23
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
keith, its supposed to be a jounal... its about the journey, not the destination. this is like... a modlist, which could be part of a journal but does not replace one. i dun geddit.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #24
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
All i would need then is the top mount , but i would rather spend the 300 and get the FMIC like i talked to you about at sonic, i wanna drop but it so bad but i dont wanna lose how nice the ride is now , just cant corner for **** with my wheels
Wheels have little to no bearing on handling. Your stock suspension and driver have everything to do with it.

If you are on stock 205/55/16 RE92s your car will handle like crap. 55 series is too tall a sidewall and those Bridgestones have a weak sidewall to begin with.

Changing the tire from a 205/55/16 to a 225/50/16 on a decent tire like a Direzza or KDW that should come in that size will make a huge difference.

Also, if you dont want to lose your ride height, RCE makes a spring for the normal guy, not a very extreme drop at all. To be fair. I have RCE Yellows and they only have a 23mm drop front an 20mm drop rear.

Stock sways on our cars are also tiny. No bigger than maybe a 17mm, swap it out for a 22mm rear sway and watch the car stiffen up big time.

Lastly, factory camber settings are made to understeer till the cows come home. -1.5 in the rear and -0.5 front. Turn the front camber to -1.5 and watch how fast your car turns in and holds the turn longer because the added grip of a larger contact patch and angle.

Honestly, If I could I would go back to an STi topmount. Front mounts are great but our cars want and work better with a topmount.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:48 PM   #25
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
keith, its supposed to be a jounal... its about the journey, not the destination. this is like... a modlist, which could be part of a journal but does not replace one. i dun geddit.
I wish I could show you the confusion a journal that big and full of random conversations caused. I left the link for the old one but this is my actual member journal. You and me both know this car is far from being done ever lol. Just watch it will be okay.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #26
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Well yeah with the wheels i ment i would upgrade tires , but back to suspension i really like that idea i dont mind being that low but i like how smooth it is on the highway with stock , but hate it in the corners(****y 422 with all the bumps doesnt feel like i need to replace my struts , ive been in a couple worked cars on the high way i hate the way they ride)

-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
Old 04-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #27
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

wheels and tires alone will never cut it in a WRX.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #28
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Ohh didnt mean i only wanted wheels and tires i deff want a suspension setup , just was trying to see what you would suggest. As far as suspension you think http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=2356 just with out the springs , i def want some coilovers with some kind of adjustable setting whether it be electrical or manual

-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
Old 04-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #29
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
Honestly my swift springs rode better than my stockers and handled better. A good alignment should not be underestimated.

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #30
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest_Bob View Post
Honestly my swift springs rode better than my stockers and handled better. A good alignment should not be underestimated.
Granted i dont work at conicelli any more i can get someone to do it for free when i ever i need it.

-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
Old 04-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #31
Signatus230
Tri-State Addict

Member #2239

My Ride:
'02 OBP WRX

Send a message via AIM to Signatus230
Very nice Buster, I like it alot. What are you goals long term? Daily driver? One question though - why an 01 swapped RS? Not the other model years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovXietday
Being as you don't read the lyrics on the radio, I'm sure she'd still be fine.
Signatus230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:47 AM   #32
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Just for affect, I knew if I said RS no one would know what one I was talking about. a 2000 would do just fine ;)

I've pretty much summed it up to a twitchy weekend warrior. It could never be a dedicated track car since I drive every day, and since its soo far along the way it is (nearly fully bolted) I dont want to get too much more involved with the engine. Ive targeted a more able street suspension as my next goals along with a PPG trans.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #33
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wtf_jdm/3437194584/

jspek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #34
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

haha thanks Chaz!
Old 04-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #35
Signatus230
Tri-State Addict

Member #2239

My Ride:
'02 OBP WRX

Send a message via AIM to Signatus230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Just for affect, I knew if I said RS no one would know what one I was talking about. a 2000 would do just fine ;)

I've pretty much summed it up to a twitchy weekend warrior. It could never be a dedicated track car since I drive every day, and since its soo far along the way it is (nearly fully bolted) I dont want to get too much more involved with the engine. Ive targeted a more able street suspension as my next goals along with a PPG trans.
Nice goals, clear and well explained. I understand now, thanks for making that clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovXietday
Being as you don't read the lyrics on the radio, I'm sure she'd still be fine.
Signatus230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #36
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Got an offer last night for 15k cash on my car..... Ive been tussling with it all day and cant make up my mind.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #37
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Got an offer last night for 15k cash on my car..... Ive been tussling with it all day and cant make up my mind.
You lucky bastard. I would have been riding around in an s2k by now.

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #38
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

eh Im thinking STi if I do it. brand new.... I just dont know if I can actually let it go. Im not sure if I can let it go locally either. I dont want to see it rolling around.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #39
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Got a couple more from jon and spock, thanks guys!

And one more from Chaz.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #40
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Looks nice, man. Put any more thought into that cash offer? Is the guy local?