TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #41
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:
'06 Subaru Baja Turbo. Cash consuming vortex from HELL

thanks man. It's nice to hear. I don't know what I was thinking when I started getting crazy with the mods , but it's wayyy too late to stop now. I wonder what'll be next? Bottom end ? Turbo? Center diff? Small plane crash onto me on 78 when I'm driving to work? I'm going to a church and asking for holy water for the radiator or something. It needs an exorcism. Or someone to pull the loose nut out from behind the wheel.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:59 AM   #42
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Half price of really expensive originally = $450 which is my asking price on NASIOC. I'd sell them for $400 picked up to a TST homie though. They come highly recommended by Andrewtech, but of course it all adds up so maybe do some research on them and see where the budget falls.

And if you're going to need these bearings which are $75 each from subarugenuineparts.com then I'll add them in for $75 total. They are factory sealed...

You can have the shim for FREE (saves you almost $2!)

Also free... not factory sealed, not sure where they go or if you even need them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #43
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

I'll let you know by friday. I'm going to see if the credit unuion will lend me a little more. I'm really tapped out because of this.If they say yes , I'll say yes. Oh, I will be replacing the bearings , but will get them at work .I get 25% off of actual dealer cost. Thanks for lookin' out man. TST kicks ass!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #44
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
poor baja.
Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #45
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

Its ok Ben , she's just waiting for her transplant. resting peacefully. free from crazed driving.... flying objects .... senior citizens that drive into her in traffic on 476.... Just resting. FOR NOW
Old 09-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #46
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
I wish everyone would get a $10k bonus this year... it bums me out when money is an issue with stuff that people love. On the other hand, I'll be the first to admit that cars are pretty stupid.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #47
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

True. so verry true. Now what do we buy next? lol
Old 09-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #48
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie_sleeper View Post
I'll let you know by friday. I'm going to see if the credit unuion will lend me a little more. I'm really tapped out because of this.If they say yes , I'll say yes. Oh, I will be replacing the bearings , but will get them at work .I get 25% off of actual dealer cost. Thanks for lookin' out man. TST kicks ass!
**COUGH450gettheinstalldoneinmdCOUGH**

Sorry crazy allergies.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #49
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

Don, I talked to Dan again today. In Depth. I told him the credentials of the tech performing the install. He is confident that the tech at work will be fine and have no problem at all considering the number of suby 5 speeds he does a year. Therefore so am I. If Dan would have said there might be a problem I'd be taking a day off work in two weeks to go down to Andrewtech.. Thanks for looking out for me. I do apreciate it.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:43 PM   #50
Erik
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1962

My Ride:
2001 Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo

goodluck with your repair. you ass of a driver

'96 Mazda Miata | FM V-Maxx Coilovers | Jackson Racing Exhaust/Intake GONE

01' Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo | Daily | NoMods
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:55 PM   #51
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Don, I talked to Dan again today. In Depth. I told him the credentials of the tech performing the install. He is confident that the tech at work will be fine and have no problem at all considering the number of suby 5 speeds he does a year. Therefore so am I. If Dan would have said there might be a problem I'd be taking a day off work in two weeks to go down to Andrewtech.. Thanks for looking out for me. I do apreciate it.
I guess my point is a very simple one. With all the bad luck, why bother tempting fate? You can go good but why not just have it done by the best? Just saying you know.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:48 PM   #52
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

I absolutely get your point. But....
A) The "BEST" have given their blessing and made me comfortable with the current plan.
B) There are cars all over the us and other countries with ppgs. I'm guessing that only a few of them shipped their trannys to Md. for a rebuild. See (A)
Old 09-03-2008, 10:01 PM   #53
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
I absolutely get your point. But....
A) The "BEST" have given their blessing and made me comfortable with the current plan.
I'm willing to bet though Dan wasn't on the phone saying "the guy with three years experience is just as good as coming here"

Hey it's your car just make sure you don't break it on my run

Old 09-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #54
LilSubiedrvr
Tri-State Addict

Member #5777

My Ride:
'01 Subaru 2.5 RS

Good luck Rob!
LilSubiedrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #55
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

I won't break the trans at least. Two of your runs under my belt so far and the only problems I had were a slow leak on a tire and a fog light taken out cause the guy in front of me didn't stay on the road.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #56
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

oh yeah , thanks Liz.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 PM   #57
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #63

Send a message via AIM to RyanG
Rob, the problem is... If there is a problem with the "gears" good luck getting Andrewtech to do anything about it... I would have them do the install. I know how factory techs are... their idiots ;P

RyanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #58
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

thanks Ryan. I talked to Dan at Andrewtech for about 30 minutes regarding the install here at work. The tech doing the work really does know his ****. Dan is also fine with talking him through any issues on the phone if need be. I ordered the entire kit so he'll have everything he needs. I'll let you know when I'm back on the road. Then Maybee you can get me on the schedule to finish the gauges.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:43 PM   #59
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

PPGs are in the air! I hope that the plane doesn't have any Lost / Castaway issues just because parts for the Baja are on it. Scheduled to be in Maryland by Thursday or Friday. I should be back on the road by next Wednesday at the latest barring any unforseen gremlins.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #60
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
Quote:
PPGs are in the air! I hope that the plane doesn't have any Lost / Castaway issues just because parts for the Baja are on it. Scheduled to be in Maryland by Thursday or Friday. I should be back on the road by next Wednesday at the latest barring any unforseen gremlins.
Which plane are they on??
Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote