TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Drag Racing
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

Made it to island friday

I showed up with 3/4 tank of E85 which is kind of retarded but oh well. It was hot and humid which sucked and I was sweating my arse off since they wrote my number on the drivers window and I didn't want to open it..I am havingg boost controller issues preventing me from running the boost I want, and I am also using the stock intake
Power Mods:
Perrin FMIC
Cobb turboback
GSC S1 cams
Greddy boost controller

I am still using the 6 speed so I am at over 8000RPM when I cross the line, needless to say the stock turbo don't work there!

She has more left in her for sure, went 116.9 but here is my best slip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzSMtPGphxI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXye50Dy_7k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

peteyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
green97psi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7690

nice run, how do you run e85 with no detonation issues? i didnt make it down last night, my exhaust bolts keep backing out and the exhaust keeps loosing up. $12 fix so i should be down either wed or friday next week.
11 psi
green97psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

E85 when ran with proper AFR's is a hell of alot less prone to detonation then pump gas..If you can run proper AFR's you will be golden
Quote:
Originally Posted by green97psi View Post
nice run, how do you run e85 with no detonation issues? i didnt make it down last night, my exhaust bolts keep backing out and the exhaust keeps loosing up. $12 fix so i should be down either wed or friday next week.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #4
SpendOne
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #144

My Ride:
1987 Mazda RX7 LQ4 Turbo

Send a message via AIM to SpendOne
Congrats...I expected to hear from ya last night.
1980 Ford Fairmont 4Dr
LQ4 Turbo AGAIN
SpendOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:11 PM   #5
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

when we going racing??I need to slap a MBC or something on here until I get my new just released Tactrix 3 port bCS and use ECU direct boost!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpendOne View Post
Congrats...I expected to hear from ya last night.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:19 PM   #6
Blinginator
Noob-Jersey

Member #8081

My Ride:
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4

Send a message via AIM to Blinginator
i shoulda went to island. i went to maple grove. got through tech, and then got rained out without getting one run in .
Blinginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:03 AM   #7
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

Especially if you live in or near allentown, there is NO traffic getting to island from there on a friday..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinginator View Post
i shoulda went to island. i went to maple grove. got through tech, and then got rained out without getting one run in .

Old 06-29-2008, 12:56 AM   #8
pinkarrowsnow
Tri-State Addict

Member #5596

My Ride:
1991 240sx

Hey man sick evo I was there saw you and the other evo running there was a bunch of sick ones there. I had my 240 but didnt run haha im gonna this wendesday. Where is that e85 station it sucks we have none of them in jersey.
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:57 AM   #9
martang
Tri-State Addict

Member #2574

Send a message via AIM to martang
I raced you once your car is sick
martang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:58 AM   #10
SpendOne
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #144

My Ride:
1987 Mazda RX7 LQ4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyturbo View Post
when we going racing??I need to slap a MBC or something on here until I get my new just released Tactrix 3 port bCS and use ECU direct boost!
Who needs an MBC?? Both cars are fast enough without them.
1980 Ford Fairmont 4Dr
LQ4 Turbo AGAIN
Old 06-29-2008, 03:29 AM   #11
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

I'm telling you my car has plenty left in it.. E85 is the magic juice!! I NEED MORE BOOST! Mabye I should weld the flappers shut on this bad boy. And YOU need to work on getting some injectors so you can drop the hammer on that thing and get sent home eary..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpendOne View Post
Who needs an MBC?? Both cars are fast enough without them.

Last edited by peteyturbo; 06-29-2008 at 03:35 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:32 AM   #12
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

Yeah I think I remember racing a silver celica, I think my gf even got a video of it..I wanted to see what that blue evo had done because it sounded like turbo kit but was running consistantly slower then me, sounded sick though, mabye I just need to put an intake back on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martang View Post
I raced you once your car is sick

Old 06-29-2008, 03:33 AM   #13
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

It is in allentown PA on the turnpike, there is also a station in philly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkarrowsnow View Post
Hey man sick evo I was there saw you and the other evo running there was a bunch of sick ones there. I had my 240 but didnt run haha im gonna this wendesday. Where is that e85 station it sucks we have none of them in jersey.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #14
SpendOne
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #144

My Ride:
1987 Mazda RX7 LQ4 Turbo

Quote:
I'm telling you my car has plenty left in it.. E85 is the magic juice!! I NEED MORE BOOST! Mabye I should weld the flappers shut on this bad boy. And YOU need to work on getting some injectors so you can drop the hammer on that thing and get sent home eary..
Blah! Both ways cost more money. Im not about spending more money...LOL. Honestly, who wants to drive around in a cage?
1980 Ford Fairmont 4Dr
LQ4 Turbo AGAIN
Old 06-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #15
martang
Tri-State Addict

Member #2574

Send a message via AIM to martang
Quote:
Yeah I think I remember racing a silver celica, I think my gf even got a video of it..I wanted to see what that blue evo had done because it sounded like turbo kit but was running consistantly slower then me, sounded sick though, mabye I just need to put an intake back on.
Yea I drove down with that blue evo I forgot what turbo he has in it but it's not stock he is getting a gt35r in a couple weeks I know his best with his current setup is I think 11.8
martang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #16
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

Thats what I was running friday, it was hot and humid
Can you ask him what mods he has done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by martang View Post
Yea I drove down with that blue evo I forgot what turbo he has in it but it's not stock he is getting a gt35r in a couple weeks I know his best with his current setup is I think 11.8

Old 06-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #17
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

I'm uploading more video with you and your friend..The one video you can hear me chirp 2nd and 3rd lol and the one where I raced you was my first pass and I actually left a cloud of tire smoke, not sure if you can see it afe youtube compresses t though

Old 06-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #18
Turbo_CitrusEs
Tri-State Addict

Member #660

Send a message via AIM to Turbo_CitrusEs
Quote:
Thats what I was running friday, it was hot and humid
Can you ask him what mods he has done?
I will chime in here for that since thats my buddy john. His current setup is this http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/M...duct_info.html with the 58trim option. He is running the act extreme duty clutch, comp 272's, aps dual port bov, ets downpipe, helix testpipe, and magnaflow cat back. Right now he is running on about 23psi. The car was tuned by sean ivey and put down 350whp. Although he is currently waiting for his hta35r to arrive as the 58trim from ets has terrible compressor surge and just doesnt make the numbers that they say it will. He has hit into the 11's but his clutch is pretty much toast and the tires he runs lets just say awd burnouts are pretty sweet. LOL.
But like a fat bitch that is going out with her fist pumping girlfriends, she's going to take a long drink from a bottle filled with denial and try to squeeze in a size 6 when she's really a 16 and act like she's the baddest bitch on the block. So believe what you want Jersey peeps. Cause when you leave your state and people ask you where you are from, we all know you want to lie cause secretly you are embarrassed by how much it sucks.
Turbo_CitrusEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #19
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw9iZWPunLA <BLue evo 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq1vo2MA0Ug < can't even hear my car!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mLfsRQfB7U <chirping third
There they are!

Last edited by peteyturbo; 06-29-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #20
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

Nice, he will see HUGE gains from the HTA35r..AWD burnouts are a given in 11 second territory no matter what since we are pretty much limited to 17 inch tires..Can't say I have been impressed with theese ivey tunes from the local guys I have seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_CitrusEs View Post
I will chime in here for that since thats my buddy john. His current setup is this http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/M...duct_info.html with the 58trim option. He is running the act extreme duty clutch, comp 272's, aps dual port bov, ets downpipe, helix testpipe, and magnaflow cat back. Right now he is running on about 23psi. The car was tuned by sean ivey and put down 350whp. Although he is currently waiting for his hta35r to arrive as the 58trim from ets has terrible compressor surge and just doesnt make the numbers that they say it will. He has hit into the 11's but his clutch is pretty much toast and the tires he runs lets just say awd burnouts are pretty sweet. LOL.