TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 02-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #61
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...e-specs-page-4

Speaks volumes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:06 PM   #62
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavillac95 View Post
Like I said, basically the same grenade of a motor from 04-17. I know it's not the same car, suspension, turbo, wheels, tires, body work ect has obviously changed, but the motor is still the "same"

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:32 PM   #63
cavillac95
Tri-State Addict

Member #16606

My Ride:
g37x - 370z - civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousCK View Post
Like I said, basically the same grenade of a motor from 04-17. I know it's not the same car, suspension, turbo, wheels, tires, body work ect has obviously changed, but the motor is still the "same"
y i dnt buy subi
cavillac95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:26 PM   #64
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:
17 Camaro 1LE || 17 Yamaha FZ10

Proper pics...

Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #65
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Can't decide which one is my favorite, the car looks so damn good. What's next for the 1LE?

/
/
/
/
/
Old 02-18-2017, 08:13 PM   #66
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Putting in an offer on an investment prop... Might have things on hold for a bit
Old 02-21-2017, 07:20 PM   #67
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:

That second picture down is sex, car looks great man.

*CK*
Old 03-02-2017, 02:45 AM   #68
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Thanks sir!!

These showed up today

Old 03-13-2017, 01:50 AM   #69
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Eibachs installed, pics to come this week

As far as I am able to tell, I'm the first 1LE owner to install the Eibach springs. I haven't seen any other posts or write-ups and I've asked for before/after pics and gotten none. So it seems safe to assume... I wanted to share my experience with the install so far. I have NOT aligned the car yet, but the steering wheel is a whole 1/2in off to the left so I doubt any feedback I have on ride will be related. I will update if necessary AFTER the alignment later this week.

Install
We installed this afternoon, we took about 3 hours with plenty of breaks and chit-chat, you can definitely do this faster (especially with a lift). The install is easy and straight-forward and the How-Tos that Phastek and Lethal have done are decent. We used Lethal's video to verify Mag-Ride equipped cars (and thus, 1LE owners) DO NOT use the extra bumpstops that Eibach includes, was nice to know.
You DO NOT need a lift to do this...
YOU DO NEED AN IMPACT! Why? Well the thing that neither how to video shows you is... What do do without an impact when you want to take the front strut hats off... Usually front struts have an allenkey and a nuts on the top... GM decided to use Star/Torx-pattern bits for this area instead of allen keys. You need a Torx T-40... and it needs to be LONG to get thru the socket you'd use on the strut bolt. We had a a T40 and ended up breaking it. We found out the impact was the way to go. But if you don't have one, I STRONGLY recommend you get one before starting the install.

How does it look?
These are rated at 1.1in drop front and rear. However I'd say that's likely for NON-MRC cars, as it certainly wasn't the case for me.
The rear is definitely about .50-.75in lower... The front is harder to tell. At first glance it seemed the same, but after a little driving (about 15 miles home) and settling, I'd say it's probably about a half inch, it might drop a little more over the next week. Looks decent, but don't expect a "slammed" look, it's not going to happen.

How does it drive?
Well I drove home in Touring mode, and put it in Sport a couple times... I did not test S/I mode or Track mode.
Here's my reactions from each...
In Sport - Ride is about the same, didn't feel much different from what I could tell.
In Touring - It's actually softer than stock, or certainly FEELS that way. For me personally, this is a welcome change as I drive in Tour most of the time and the highway near me is somewhat rough. I don't feel like the car handles any worse, I just feel like it's a little more accommodating over rough/broken/uneven pavement.
I can say that since the standard MRC springs and 1LE Springs are likely different rates (why else would the 1LE kit come with new springs), that the Eibachs are likely an "in between" spring rate. A little softer than OEM 1LE springs, but a little more firm that factory 2SS MRC springs.

Overall... I'd spend the money again, I'm pretty happy. More updates to come as the miles get added.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:00 PM   #70
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Nice review! Curious to see what it's like in Track mode for you. It would seem to be too little spring rate for the shock valving on paper. We'll know if that's true after I get the 1LE rates tested. I believe the Eibach front springs are only 23 ft/lbs stiffer than the factory SS rates. The Eibach rears are progressive rate and 121-691 ft/lbs vs the factory SS linear rate at 571 ft/lbs.

Once we know the 1LE rates, it'll be a much better comparison.

Looking forward to pics. Take any fender to wheel measurements for ride height?

/
/
/
/
/

Last edited by DaveSTi; 03-13-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:45 PM   #71
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Some updates and pics...

Pulled the hoodwrap and installed 6th gen hash marks, along with removing the rear SS badge and the Camaro fender badges.

I bought some 315/35-18 Toyo TQ drag radials and some 18x10.5 C5Z replica wheels for a 1/3 mile event later in May.

I will be buying pads/lines/fluid shortly for track days to come.

Headers are on the way??? Maryland speed is dragging their feet.

This coming weekend the the Eibach springs are coming out to go back to stock along with a new alignment, and the aforementioned DRs and wheels will get mounted and I'll keep them in the garage for a bit.

Flex fuel sensor to be bought, and a tune to happen before the event in early May, hopefully the headers will be installed by then along with the TB/IM being ported. Trying for 480whp+ on E85

Car pics...

(not my pic originally but same tires and size...)
Old 04-18-2017, 04:45 AM   #72
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:

Looking great buddy

*CK*
Old 04-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #73
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Drag wheels, ZL1AddOns front tow hook, camera mount, and jack pads, as well as my flex fuel sensor and RBF600 are all ordered

Wheel pic...

Last edited by Seven; 04-18-2017 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #74
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Headers shipped last night!

Ordered PowerStop Z26 pads for f+r figuring I'd enjoy the lower dust.
Also ordered the caliper punch that some recommended
Ordered the GM diff fluid and pump so I can swap that too
Old 04-19-2017, 10:04 PM   #75
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

I have a 1/4 and 1/3 mile roll race event on 5/12 and 5/13... which is like 3.5 weeks out and I'm not getting my headers til 4/25 (Tuesday), nor my wheels til Thursday (4/27)

So the game plan for the event prep is...
This sunday/Monday, we're going to do the following...
-Swap back to 1LE OEM springs (Eibachs are for sale in the FS section)
-Z26 brake pad swap
-mudflap/rockguard install
-RBF600 brake fluid swap
-Diff fluid swap (OEM GM)
-Alignment to street 1LE specs
-ZL1 Addons jackpads (if they're in by then)
-ZL1 addons tow hook camera mount (if it's in by then)

Tuesday night the car will be dropped off with a friend at his garage and we will...
-Pull the Intake Mani and TB (to take to SPS cylinder heads and have them ported)
-Allow my friend to start the Kooks 2in header (with 3in catless xpipe) install

While I'm waiting the drag tires will be mounted to the wheels and I'll test fit to the car and see if the rear harness needs relocation.

The car will sit in his garage til he's done with the header install AND the port work is done. Once it is, we'll re-install the TB/IM and I'll install the flex fuel sensor. This should be done by like 5/2-5/3 at latest.
Then we will drive it directly to Speed Factory and let it sit until the tuning appointment, as I'm not trying to drive car that out of tune anywhere other than necessary.

Once it's tuned (hopefully by 5/5), I'll take the weekend of 5/5-7 to shake it down and then enjoy it for the week before the event.

After the event... I'll start prepping for the HPDE/Track days this year with some new brake pads (still researching what) and a rear seat delete and harness bar/harnesses

That'll be basically it besides consumables and maybe a nitrous kit and/or wheels.

I'd like an 11.49 1/4 mile pass or better after the tune and to be able to keep up with C7 Z51s on the track - those are basically the goals this season.

The winter will either bring heads/cam and nitrous, or a blower.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #76
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Sounds like an incredible build and I'm looking forward to seeing the videos from your PDR

/
/
/
/
/
Old 04-24-2017, 02:32 AM   #77
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

That you sir.

Brake pads and spring install went well.

Off to get an alignment as well as brake/diff fluid swaps tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:09 AM   #78
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Car was tuned today on E85, and sadly it was really 53% ethanol. So it made 461/471 at the wheels (SAE correct, 474/485 STD correction - I feel like most use STD but I'm not sure) - Likely has 15whp more in it at least with e70 or better.
That said, it runs HARD, feels great and sounds good too.

Everything is loaded up for this weekend. Still need to install the tow hook/gopro mount, jack pads and rockguards but otherwise it's got all the mods I ordered install already.

Oh and I broke my front lip on my buddy's driveway, time for this nice piece from Street Scene splitter and the 6LE designs side skirts...

Old 05-15-2017, 05:12 PM   #79
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Car did great without a hiccup this weekend at the track. Roll racing on a 1/3 mile with a 40 roll at the hit was seeing 135ish speeds.

However unless others roll race 1/3 mile events (no one does), that doesn't say much. So what about the prepped 1/4 mile event this weekend.

Well, first I'll say the C5Z wheels I got were not test fitted before I left for the track (2.5 hours away from home) because of time constraints. I found they were just a bit too close to the caliper to run... they spun on the hub but took the slightest bit of paint off the outside edge of the caliper. So I didn't use them for the drag event. I just aired down the GY SC3s to like 24lbs, drove around the waterbox instead of thru it, and spun em a bit to get any pebbles,etc off them.
Best 60ft? a whopping 2.18 - Did I mention I haven't drag raced in like 5 years and I was on the stock tires? lol
Best ET? 12.700 (on the 2.18 60ft run)
Best trap speed? 119.6 mph (on a 12.740 run which had a 2.299 60ft lol)

Not sure what that indicates power-wise but the car felt good. Obviously I've already ordered spacers and will head to the track with the Toyo TQs all mounted up and see how it goes.

Also ordered the lip and sideskirts referenced above.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:05 PM   #80
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Almost 120mph with bolt ons and E.

Not bad, man. Not bad

/
/
/
/
/