TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #81
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:
17 Camaro 1LE || 17 Yamaha FZ10

Put on her dancing shoes last weekend finally - man do they HOOK!!

Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:19 PM   #82
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

An update to say, not much updates...

Last weekend I did a full paint correction and detail on the car (which consisted of)...
Optimum No Rinse
Clay Bar
Optimum Hyper Polish with PC7424 DA orbital polisher
Optimum Paint prep
Optimum Gloss Coat

And simply put, my phone's camera does not capture the metallic flake in the MBM paint very well at all so I didn't take any pics worth posting. However it looks better than it did from the dealer in person. However, the front-bottom of the rear quarter-panels has rash from rocks, as does the lower front bumper and rear-bottom of the front fenders. Not much can be done about that as the damage is already done.

I have been patiently waiting for about 3 weeks now for a set of 6LE Designs side skirts and a Street Scene front lip - both are supposed to ship tomorrow. I will be installing them along with the rock guards in the next week or so hopefully.

After that... well I'm working on plans next...

I will be purchasing a used NX Nitrous plate for the TB from a user here most likely and piecing together a nitrous kit (with standalone fueling) that my friend is removing from his car to go turbo.

I have some beginnings of R&D for 5.3L GEN5 heads (for all motor purposes), and would spec a cam after that.

I still need to buy some brake pads for road course and I'd prefer to buy a rear seat delete and harness bar from BK soon too.

Big to-do list heh
Old 06-24-2017, 06:24 PM   #83
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Updates...

Appearance Stuff...
  • Phastek order for my Street Scene front lip will finally arrive Monday (only took 6 weeks, heh)
  • 6LE Designs side skirts are still not here - filed a dispute with paypal, I just want the money back as of this point.

Track Stuff
  • Purchase Raybestos ST43s (mildly used) from glamcem (Camaro6 user)
  • glamcem also showed me his 305 Front and 325 Rear NT01 setup on the PS-7s and it convinced me to pull the trigger on the same setup so
  • Apex PS-7s in 19x10.5 F and 19x11 R are on the way
  • Nitto NT01 in 305/30-19 and 325/30-19 are also on the way
  • C7Z06 front fender flares are on the way as well as new TPMS sensors
  • My OEM 1LE wheels and tires are for sale as a result
  • Also selling the 305/30-20 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s I bought

Drag/Highway/Power Stuff
  • I received a Nitrous throttle body plate so I can start piecing together a nitrous kit for the car.
  • I'll probably be purchasing an emblempros switchboard
  • I'll also probably be purchasing a friend's nitrous kit and standlone fuel system for a very nice price
  • 600-650whp on spray is probably the end result

Last edited by Seven; 06-24-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:48 AM   #84
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Updates...

Appearance Stuff...
  • Phastek order for my Street Scene front lip will finally arrive Monday (only took 6 weeks, heh)
  • 6LE Designs side skirts are still not here - filed a dispute with paypal, I just want the money back as of this point.

Track Stuff
  • glamcem also showed me his 305 Front and 325 Rear NT01 setup on the PS-7s and it convinced me to pull the trigger on the same setup so

Drag/Highway/Power Stuff
  • I received a Nitrous throttle body plate so I can start piecing together a nitrous kit for the car.
  • I'll also probably be purchasing a friend's nitrous kit and standlone fuel system for a very nice price
This is gonna be awesome.

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:13 PM   #85
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Updates inline below...

Quote:
Updates...

Appearance Stuff...
Front lip Arrived - needs paint
Got refunded on the skirts

Track Stuff
Stock wheels sold today, still selling PSC2s
APEX wheels and NT01s and TPMS sensors get mounted/balanced this weekend
Fender Flares/rock gaurds should go one shortly after

Drag/Highway/Power Stuff

This is on hold temporarily to buy a DD - Looking at Jeep GC ecodiesels
Old 07-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #86
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Can't wait to see the finished product. By far my 2nd favorite Camaro on the internet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #87
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Updates:
  1. Lip will be off for paint tomorrow and be back probably a week from Monday
  2. Car is aligned with 3.0 camber up front, 1.25 rear (didn't go higher because of occasional drag racing and wanting to put down a little more power out of the corners as the car is making 471whp/481wtq on E85)
  3. Did enough grinding on the shock bodies that I only had to use 3mm spacers up front with the wheels - which means you *could* keep the stock studs, however I bought longer ones because I had ordered them already
  4. Z06 fender flares and front/rear rock guards go on this weekend

Will update with pics once the flares, new lip, and rock guards are on
Old 08-01-2017, 11:03 PM   #88
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

*edit* kept getting 500 server error ... found out it was from a facebook image... dafuq?

random text here before was a test
Old 08-01-2017, 11:04 PM   #89
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
sdjfhdsjk
Bless you!

/
/
/
/
/
Old 08-01-2017, 11:04 PM   #90
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Some quick updates...
  1. The lip just got dropped off yesterday for paint - having a friend do it and scheduling has been crazy with my workload the last 2 weeks (hence lack of updates)
  2. Z06 fender flares are installed, it took about 1.5 hours to do. 50-60 mins one side and then 30 for the other. Could probably do a set now in under an hour.
  3. Got a screw in my tire on friday with less than 200 miles on the new tires.... finally got the replacement shipped to me yesterday and mounted/balanced today - will go on tonight.
  4. ZL1 1LE 3rd brake light came in - will install today
  5. Also installing the ZL1 AddOns upgraded wickerbill hardware kit
  6. If you have wide rear tires, don't buy RPI rock guards for the rear... they aren't wide enough... this happens (see below)...
    Will need to either modify them or buy ZL1 AddOns version
    Just FYI - The fronts work fine.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #91
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

A quick before/after of the rock guards after drilling a new hold and swinging them out to cover for the tires...
Much better, but I'd still buy the ZL1 AddOns stuff if I had to do it over again. Not going to bother because I don't want to spend money twice though.

Before

After

New Wickerbill hardware and ZL1 1LE 3rd brake light installed...
Old 08-03-2017, 06:56 PM   #92
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

So I bought a comfy cruiser that can tow the Camaro...

(dealer pics, haven't taken any myself)

2008 Chevy Avalanche LTZ - Every box checked. Nav, Rear DVD (not that I'll ever use it because no kids... ever), powered running boards, moonroof, tow pack, etc etc.

Gotta find out if the tow pack got the aux trans cooler, and if not I'll install one, otherwise it'll get a trailer brake controller, a new Android-auto headunit that works with the factory rear-camera, 5% tint, and some back to black or whatever to make the black plastic look less faded.

Rides nice, Wife likes it because heated seats lol.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:24 AM   #93
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

avalanche looks awesome.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:40 PM   #94
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Hell yes!

/
/
/
/
/
Old 08-05-2017, 01:46 PM   #95
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Thanks guys... Avalanche is gonna get a few small mods...

-Trailer Brake controller
-Trans cooler (already ordered)
-5% tint all around and 25% on the windshield (Same as Camaro)
-New Pioneer headunit that has Android Auto and works with the factory camera/nav/etc (already ordered)
-New Black Bowties (current ones are just stickers - also already ordered)
-Removing all the body moldings and chrome badges (already ordered an eraser wheel)
-A detail and some back to black for the sport bar and bed cover area.
-Flush of all fluids... PS, Diff, Trans, coolant. (oil was changed 500 miles ago per the window sticker from Valvoline on the windshield)
-LED headlights (already ordered) because not having HIDs is just terrible on back roads around here - I'd really like to buy the Spyder plasma replacement lights, but I'm too cheap lol -

Last edited by Seven; 08-06-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #96
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Thanks guys... Avalanche is gonna get a few small mods...

-Trailer Brake controller
-Trans cooler (already ordered)
-5% tint all around and 25% on the windshield (Same as Camaro)
-New Pioneer headunit that has Android Auto and works with the factory camera/nav/etc (already ordered)
-New Black Bowties (current ones are just stickers - also already ordered)
-Removing all the body moldings and chrome badges (already ordered an eraser wheel)
-A detail and some back to black for the sport bar and bed cover area.
-LED headlights (already ordered) because not having HIDs is just terrible on back roads around here - I'd really like to buy the Spyder plasma replacement lights, but I'm too cheap lol -
Modding the tow vehicle. I love it haha

Black bow ties should just come standard these days. I don't see many chevy's that look good with the gold.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 08-06-2017, 04:23 PM   #97
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Modding the tow vehicle. I love it haha

Black bow ties should just come standard these days. I don't see many chevy's that look good with the gold.
Making it properly tow-able.

It's got some miles on it so I want to take precautions...

Also, stupidly... Chevy's "tow package" for the Avalanche, doesn't include a cooler... at all. WTF. Hence wanting one asap.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:31 AM   #98
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Been almost 6 weeks - damn...

Some updates...
  • Work's been crazy but I should start to get back to normal in the next 2-3 weeks, looking forward to it
  • Camaro lip is painted - Needs to be installed...
  • Went on a 2 week trip to VA and PA to visit the wife's fam then mine
  • Upon return - we discovered the Avalanche had some motor and possible transmission issues that, while fixable, were more than we wanted to spend on an old truck... so we traded it in (not before I de-modded or just sent parts back) on this... (sorry for the snapchat pic, it's all that was handy)

It's a 2015 Sierra Crew SLT with every box checked but nav and a bedliner - Basically a Denali without AWD and mag ride (neither of which I wanted) in Steel Grey Metallic on Black (heated and vented!) leather. 28k miles.

Mods will be...
  • de-badged and chrome door moldings removed
  • replacing chrome mirror caps, door handles, and chrome window trim with gloss black
  • All Terrain grille
  • Update to 2016 radio with android auto/carplay
  • 5% tin (already done)
  • LineX - (already done)
  • New tires (as the stockers are about done) in the next 5k (street tires, nothing off-road)
  • Rear drop shackles to level it
  • removing/selling running boards
  • weathertech floor liners
  • maybe wrap the chrome on the bumpers gloss black?
  • maybe black chrome wheels (same design, just swap the polished finish for black chrome)?
  • maybe a blower some day as the 5.3 is adequate, but not fast

Some decent pics with the new wheels -3.0* camber in the front (-1.25* rear) and a wash

Plans for the Camaro are as follows....
  • rear seat delete
  • harness for driver seat
  • maybe the ADM ZL1 blower on stock-ish boost (which will basically max the fuel system) and a new tune?
Old 09-21-2017, 02:52 PM   #99
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Been almost 6 weeks - damn...

Some updates...
  • Work's been crazy but I should start to get back to normal in the next 2-3 weeks, looking forward to it
  • Camaro lip is painted - Needs to be installed...
  • Went on a 2 week trip to VA and PA to visit the wife's fam then mine
  • Upon return - we discovered the Avalanche had some motor and possible transmission issues that, while fixable, were more than we wanted to spend on an old truck... so we traded it in (not before I de-modded or just sent parts back) on this... (sorry for the snapchat pic, it's all that was handy)

It's a 2015 Sierra Crew SLT with every box checked but nav and a bedliner - Basically a Denali without AWD and mag ride (neither of which I wanted) in Steel Grey Metallic on Black (heated and vented!) leather. 28k miles.

Mods will be...
  • de-badged and chrome door moldings removed
  • replacing chrome mirror caps, door handles, and chrome window trim with gloss black
  • All Terrain grille
  • Update to 2016 radio with android auto/carplay
  • 5% tin (already done)
  • LineX - (already done)
  • New tires (as the stockers are about done) in the next 5k (street tires, nothing off-road)
  • Rear drop shackles to level it
  • removing/selling running boards
  • weathertech floor liners
  • maybe wrap the chrome on the bumpers gloss black?
  • maybe black chrome wheels (same design, just swap the polished finish for black chrome)?
  • maybe a blower some day as the 5.3 is adequate, but not fast

Some decent pics with the new wheels -3.0* camber in the front (-1.25* rear) and a wash

Plans for the Camaro are as follows....
  • rear seat delete
  • harness for driver seat
  • maybe the ADM ZL1 blower on stock-ish boost (which will basically max the fuel system) and a new tune?
Quoted just so the picture of that black beast shows up again.

When are you heading to the track with it? Winter is coming...

/
/
/
/
/
Old 09-22-2017, 05:37 PM   #100
Seven
Tri-State Addict

Member #2078

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Quoted just so the picture of that black beast shows up again.

When are you heading to the track with it? Winter is coming...
Sadly it might not be this season.

Between some travel and some bad luck this month and my birthday and some other events next month, the car might take a back seat to life. However, first day next year I should be at