TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Exterior, Interior, and Electrical
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
Takata Length.

I'm so friggin confused about the length of these things.

I've heard the SHORT ones are for coupes, then I've heard they are only for cars without back-seats (S2000, Del-Sol, etc).

The LONG ones are apparently for sedans...

Help me out.

Which ones do I need for my Integra?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BUY MY STUFF!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

It's not the size that matters?
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
I thought short was for attaching to a harness bar which sits right behind the seat, and long was for attaching at the back seat or rear of the car one way or another? Don't quote me though, I'm not mad jdm enough to know about these things...

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #4
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #63

Send a message via AIM to RyanG
James your correct. The longs are for 4dr and the shorts are for 2dr

RyanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

I'm confused... how does the number of doors affect it?
Number of seats... sure. Number of doors... huh?

edit:
TakataRacingProducts.com differentiates between short and long by 2 seater vs. 4 seater cars
STiKiller.com differentiates between short and long by harness bar/rear roll cage vs. the rear seat belt location.

and a little backhistory from STiKiller.com for your reading enjoyment:
"When the first Japanese Grand Prix was run at the Suzuka Circuit in 1963, only half of the race cars were equipped with seat belts, and it was commonplace to see ambulances racing to crash scenes. In 1964, Takata developed Japan’s first 5-point full-harness seat belt. The Subaru 360 that competed in the 1964 Japanese Grand Prix was equipped with a complete Takata safety harness.In 1998, Takata developed the Multi-Point Harness (MPH), a full harness for the DOME Co., Ltd., F1 race car. This harness was designed not only to help ensure the driver’s safety, but also to minimize the burden on the wearer. In addition to being used on the Takata-sponsored TAKATA DOME NSX, it was also adopted for use by other GT, CART, FN and F3 formula race cars. For drivers who wanted both safety and a winning edge, there was simply nothing better."

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 04-22-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #63

got me. Thats what they always have said about the lengths

wait Im wrong.. its seats not doors, but has nothing to do with roll bars and the like

http://www.takataracingproducts.com/#products_top

Old 04-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Ok yeah I looked there as well. I think what it comes down to is are you going to be securing the harnesses right behind your front seats (via a harness bar, roll cage, or the fact that there is no back seat at all), or are you going to be securing the harnesses a couple of feet behind the front seats, at the base of your back seat or other similar location.

|

Quote:

|
Old 04-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #8
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #63

either way they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over priced for an FIA approved belt. WAY overpriced.

Schroth profi 2 are where its at
http://soloracer.com/schrothprofi2.html

Old 04-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

haha i'm in complete agreement there

|

Quote:

|
Old 04-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #10
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:
2013 Ram Blackout Express Quad Cab, 96 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 98 Nissan 240ss Never going to run

ZOMG thats what these things cost?!? I'm glad theres already one in the Civic I just bought.

Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:35 AM   #11
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:

So, for the Integra...

It'd be the SHORT harness?

BUY MY STUFF!

Old 04-24-2008, 01:48 AM   #12
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
I don't want to start any arguements here, however it's like this.

The short ones are designed to wrap around a harness bar, they are not even close to being long enough to reach any mounting points on your integra. The long ones are designed to attached behind the back seat, usually 45 degree angle, and the eye hooks screw in where those seatbelts were.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:11 AM   #13
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwrxkid View Post
I don't want to start any arguements here, however it's like this.

The short ones are designed to wrap around a harness bar, they are not even close to being long enough to reach any mounting points on your integra. The long ones are designed to attached behind the back seat, usually 45 degree angle, and the eye hooks screw in where those seatbelts were.

Hope that helps.
Helped a lot actually.

That's EXACTLY the answer I needed.

Thanks brotha.

BUY MY STUFF!