TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-06-2005, 10:28 PM   #1
TrboChicsRock
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #152

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX, 2012 WRX Premium

Send a message via AIM to TrboChicsRock
Random Funny Car Stories

Last summer I was pulled over by a local cop because he heard my BOV. Our conversation:

Officer: You know why I'm pulling you over?
Me: No, sir.
Office: Do you have nitrous in this car? I heard it when you passed by me.
Me: No, sir. That was my blow off valve. Would you like to look?
Officer: You know have tinted windows, right?
Me: Yes, sir.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day I was walking with a co-worker from the parking lot at my old job and my car was still running because of my turbo timer.

Co-worker: You know your car is still running, right?
Me: Yeah, it'll shut off.
Co-worker: How?
Me: Don't ask.

Next day....

Co-worker: Your car is running again.
Me: Yeah, I know.
Co-worker: You should really get that fixed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was making a right hand turn one day and where I shifted into second gear, there were two girls walking down the side of the road. When my BOV went off, the one girl ducked and screamed really, really loud. I wonder what she thought was happening....

I know I have more.. but that's all I can think of for now. Anyone else have any?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
TrboChicsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:36 PM   #2
GSXDCY
Tri-State Addict

Member #236

Send a message via AIM to GSXDCY
everyday for the first week of school and parking lot guard would drive up to me will walking about from my car and say...

him: wait wait wait you left your car on!
me: it will be ok
him: are you sure alot of people park here
me: yes im sure my doors are locked
him: well how u gonna get back in it?
me: with the keys *jingles keys*
him: how does it do that?
me: its a new thing out now
him: ohhhh i heard of that i think

and.....

when i got pulled over for doing 114 in a 55

him: do you know why i stopped you?
me: no?
him: you were speeding
me: really?
him: yes 114 in a 55
me: what! i was going that fast
him: get out of the car
me: (in my head....im ****ed)
Old 04-06-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
TehWagon
The Calendar Master

Member #34

My Ride:
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon MBP

Send a message via AIM to TehWagon
still giggling too much to think of any... that was some funny stuff

ok here's one from AGES ago... mike was a teenager, so you KNOW it had to be pretty far back!! tee hee...
(please excuse the lack of capitalization, i'm tired and lazy)

we were driving along, mike and i in the front seat, our friend ed and his girl at the time in the back, and we got pulled over. ed starts fumbling with something hurriedly as the cop is approaching the car, and he asks him to get out, screaming 'what are you hiding!?!?! what are you hiding!??!' ed is saying 'nothing! really- i swear- nothing!!'
meanwhile, i know what he was 'hiding' so i encourage him to tell the officer the truth... he sheepishly replies 'i was trying to put on my seatbelt, officer'
hahahahaha - seatbelts aren't/weren't even required for backseat passengers!
that one still makes me smile...
~Ashley *formerly CarWidow* {TST Orig No. 34 / HP#002}
{{{---MPIBTY

My favorite wagon quote:
Quote:
I needed to both haul stuff and haul arse.
TehWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:40 PM   #4
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWidow
still giggling too much to think of any... that was some funny stuff

ok here's one from AGES ago... mike was a teenager, so you KNOW it had to be pretty far back!! tee hee...
(please excuse the lack of capitalization, i'm tired and lazy)

we were driving along, mike and i in the front seat, our friend ed and his girl at the time in the back, and we got pulled over. ed starts fumbling with something hurriedly as the cop is approaching the car, and he asks him to get out, screaming 'what are you hiding!?!?! what are you hiding!??!' ed is saying 'nothing! really- i swear- nothing!!'
meanwhile, i know what he was 'hiding' so i encourage him to tell the officer the truth... he sheepishly replies 'i was trying to put on my seatbelt, officer'
hahahahaha - seatbelts aren't/weren't even required for backseat passengers!
that one still makes me smile...
I thought he was gonna say that he was trying to zip himself up. There I go again...
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.
99SL2_Modder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:45 PM   #5
GSXDCY
Tri-State Addict

Member #236

Send a message via AIM to GSXDCY
how did i forget this one....
my two friends casey and don and i are crusing around in caseys e46 m3 looking for something to do and this group of like 7 or 8, 15 year olds is crossing the street and they are goin like realy really slow so don whos in the back sticks his head out and throws a magazine at them.....about 3 seconds later we get pulled over and he gets a $225 ticket for littering and..... littering and..... jk but the whole time the kida are yelling **** so casey whos driving yells shut up with the cop at the window of the car...
anyone who went to eagan will know these two guys
Old 04-06-2005, 10:53 PM   #6
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Only story I can think of right now.

http://www.tristatetuners.com/viewtopic.php?t=408

Still haven't gotten the ticket.....

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:28 PM   #7
Aaron
Tri-State Addict

Member #185

Send a message via AIM to Aaron
Its 1992 and I'm in our Supra with my dad on the way down the shore. Its a 2 lane road and we're doing about 40 mph. We're 5 cars back from a tractor trailer which we assume is the culprit. As we near the truck in the passing lane, we find out theres about 10 cars ahead of the truck, all pretty evenly spread out. So, my dad decides to make some time and punches it. We get well over 100 and sure enough, as luck would have it, the first oncoming car over the hill is a cop. No sooner do we pass him doesn't he nail the brakes ready to pull a u-turn. There's no doubt why, so my dad pulls over and waits.
The convoy passes us, and he's passing all of them while we're sitting on the side of the road. Blew right by us but realized it. Pulls back over, pulls another uturn (we're still sitting at the same place), then finally one more and pulls up behind us.

Cop: Sir do you know I just clocked you at 90 mph back there?
Dad: Oh good, I was well over 100
Cop: *speechless*
Cop: Licence, reg, and ins.
Me: Dad, that probably wasn't the best thing to say

After the cop gets our info and begins back to his car, my dad gets out and is lying on the ground looking under our car. Cop comes back:

Cop: Sir, get back in your vehicle.
Dad: With all due respect, you have everything you need from me, it smells like my car is on fire, I don't want my son or myself to be sitting in the car if something is burning

*cop really flustered at this point*

Cop: Did you ever think it might be MY car?

*dad walks back to the police car, takes one whiff, then comes back to the cop and says ok, now what*

*the cop pins the our info back onto my dads chest at this point*

Cop: I can't conduct buisness like this! Keep it slower next time.

Thats the best story I have. I'll admit that I was in tears. I knew how fast my dad was going and was old enough to know he probably was going to jail for it. Just when I thought he had a chance, he made that comment about being over 100. Instead of jail time, having the car impounded, or all the other horrific things I could dream up at that age, he got off scotch-free, not even a warning, just a really pissed off cop.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:08 AM   #8
Twin_Cam
Tri-State Addict

Member #288

Send a message via AIM to Twin_Cam
I was once pulled over after I swerved around a pothole that literally could've eaten my car.

Cop: You know why I pulled you over?
Me: Honestly, no.
Cop: Well you swerved quite a bit back there...
Me: There was a huge pothole.
Cop: Son have you had anything to drink tonight? (It was 1:30 AM)
Me: Yea, some water. (I really hadn't, sober as a judge)
Cop: *glares*

I got a warning. So I told my one friend and he goes "Maybe next time you should get trashed and get off without a warning!"

'00 Saturn SL2m- slowest car on TST
Twin_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 01:40 AM   #9
LSHatch
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #260

My Ride:
G3Fizzle

Send a message via AIM to LSHatch
Multiple times while I had my top down and the people are looking into my car.

People- "Does it have backseats?"
Me- "Do you see any?"
People- "No."
Me- "Well keep looking and tell me if you find any."

LSHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:15 AM   #10
MidgetBrawl
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #251

My Ride:
1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 2002 Subaru WRX

Send a message via AIM to MidgetBrawl
just tonight (2 am). My friend Brian had to deposit $4 into his bank account to avoid a bounce fee. . .so we took a ride to a 24 hour ATM. We leave the bank parking lot and take a back road back towards my house. There's another road that feeds from there to the road I needed to be on. . . nice road. . .straight. . .level. . . hardly ever any cops on it. So I take it from like 30-65 in 3rd gear. . .nothing amazing. . . just a little 'spirited acceleration'.

Then I see the blue reflection sitting at the construction entrance on the side of the road. . . at that point it was too late to hit the brakes or anything. . . .so I end up blowing by this cop at 60 in a 40. I look in the rearview mirror and see headlights turn on and just man up and realize I'm getting a ticket. So I pull over into the gas station at the intersection and wait for him to pull in and throw the lights on in a horribly embarassing fashion in the parking lot. We're sitting there in a spot, turbo timer counting down and the cop drives by. . . .I figured he was coming around the circle to get me. . .so we wait. . . no cop in sight.

I don't know if he missed me turning into the gas station, or if he let me go. . . He could have gotten me for more than just speeding. . . .no front licence plate, no valid inspection (still running without a cat), dark ass front window tint, and my exhaust is a little on the loud side sometimes. Bullet = dodged.

-Tim
MidgetBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:38 AM   #11
97TSi
Tri-State Addict

Member #150

Send a message via AIM to 97TSi
I mostly get the people wondering why my car is still running w/out the keys in it. Every time I'd eat lunch at the Burger King in Painter's Crossing/Corner I'd get someone telling me I left my car on. Yada yada. I'd sit inside eating and watch them stand there for 3 minutes until the car shut off. Then they always get this look of amazement.

Other that, I just occasionaly get the people wondering what that noise is my car is making between shifts. The last ones were two blondes in a new Si on Haddonfield Rd. by the Cherry Hill Mall. They paced me all the way from 38 to 70, giving me thumbs up and yelling at me to floor it.

I don't have any funny cop stories. Probly due to the fact that I REALLY don't like cops. No matter how hard I try I always just get extremely sarcastic w/them and dig myself in deeper
FactoryRemoved.com
97TSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:42 AM   #12
TehWagon
The Calendar Master

Member #34

My Ride:
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon MBP

Send a message via AIM to TehWagon
Midget: Good show, good story
I'd like to think he saw you do the 'right thing' being that you realized your error and let you off as a result.
~Ashley *formerly CarWidow* {TST Orig No. 34 / HP#002}
{{{---MPIBTY

My favorite wagon quote:
Quote:
I needed to both haul stuff and haul arse.
TehWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:13 AM   #13
gtsiawd96
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #227

My Ride:
1995 Eagle talon Tsi Awd

Send a message via AIM to gtsiawd96
I don't have a front a plate. I don't get messed with anywhere accept for on LBI. If any of you have drivin on the island you know it doesn't pay to speed so just do the speed limit or only get to where you want to go what 3 min faster anyway... I don't go there as much as i used to. I was driving to a friend's that lives all the way down the end near fantasy Island. I past a cop sitting in WaWA. Didn't think anything of it. I continue driving now i'm about 3 miles down the road i look in the rearview and see this cop flying up behind no lights on pretty far back. I see i'm about 5 blocks from my friends house now. I'm trying to hurry to get there before he reaches me. Right as he gets to me, its my turn so i make the right. Of course he throws on his lights pulls me over directly in front of my friends house. I think, he thought i was trying to evade him. So he comes to my window.....

Him- Wheres your front plate?
Me- Its right here in my back seat
Him - why isn't it on the front of your car?
me- cause i just got the car from PA and there were no provisions for a front plate.
Him - You got a warning here 7 months ago for no front plate its been a while.
Me- Thinking (****)
Him- lics,reg.insur please i'll be right back....

Comes back with a ticket for no front plate. As he was walking back to his car i get out of my car and walk into my freinds house. The look on his face ws hilarious probly cause he thought i was trying to evade him...so i pay it 65 freakin bucks... Fast foward 6 weeks. Still no front plate and i'm back on the island again. I pass a church and there he is again same cop sitting in the church radaring poeple. He immediatily pulls out and pulls me over.

Him - Wheres your plate. Why don't you have it on!?!?!?!
Me- Honestly, because i hate it. I hate the way it looks.
Him- lisc, reg, ins.

He goes back the car sits there for 3 years. Comes back without a ticket and says

Him- are you trying to be the laziest person on the face of the earth??
Me - Not yet Sir.
HIm- U know i had to drill holes in my front bumber too...Heres your information back have a good day.
Me- WTF???

He looked so incredibly pissed when he came back tthe car and gave my info back.. I have no clue why i didn't get another ticket.

I have since to be back on the island but it should be interesting to see what happens...

1995 Tsi AWD
307awhp@24psi
Track numbers coming soon.
gtsiawd96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:18 AM   #14
gtsiawd96
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #227

My Ride:
1995 Eagle talon Tsi Awd

Send a message via AIM to gtsiawd96

1995 Tsi AWD
307awhp@24psi
Track numbers coming soon.
gtsiawd96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:41 PM   #15
Matthew
Tri-State Addict

Member #225

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsiawd96
That is awesome

A few years ago I was driving my then '95 M3 with no front plate (unless you count the one in my trunk) it must have been 2 or 3am. As I approched a stop light I noticed a cop to my right that had a Benz pulled over, he actually walked away from that car and onto the highway to hassle me...

Cop: Didn't I pull you over 6 months ago for not having a front plate?

Me: Nope, I've never been pulled over sir.

Cop: I gave you a ticket for no front plate, blah blah...

Me: You have me confused with someone else sir, I have NEVER gotten a ticket for anything.

*light turns green*

I depress gas pedal, release clutch... bye bye cop. He was still standing there
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:21 PM   #16
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
I got one.

I was driving to my friend's house and I cut through onto N Warwick Rd.
While driving down the hill I picked up some speed and passed a cop.
I take a quick look into my rear view and see he made a U-turn.
So I pull into the little faux 711 and waited for him.
He pulls behind me, gets out.

Cop: Do you know how fast you were going?

Me: I was in 4th gear @ 2000 rpms while coming down the hill. I'd say about 40. But speedometer is a bit broken.

Cop: Yea, and didn't you see those kids walking.

Me: You mean the group of 15-16 year olds just standing at the corner because they having nothing better to do.

Cop: (silence)...You might have hit one of them.

Me: They were on the opposite side of the street.

Cop: You better get that speedometer fixed or learn how to drive by your tachometer. Cars don't go 35mph in 4th @ 2k revolutions.

Me: I do know how to drive by tach and this car does.

Cop: (hesitates)...while in the service I used to drive vehicles without speedometers and tachometers.

Me: Aren't those called bicycles?

After a few seconds of silence the cop walks back to his car and leaves.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:53 PM   #17
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
Good stories keep them coming.

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

TalonTsi97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:57 PM   #18
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

I never got pulled over, but this was interesting.

On the turnpike on my way home from my old job, I saw this fartcanned civic. I rolled up, and then passed him a bit, seeing if he wanted to play. He bit, off we went.

Long story short, we both blew past the cop, me way out in front, both bookin like +90mph. We both hit our brakes, he ticks on his lights, pulls behind the civic and yanks him over. Guess I really wasn't moving that fast cause I drive a saturn? I was stock at that point too, so it was a real quiet 90mph compared to his Yahmie sounding exhaust.
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.
99SL2_Modder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:32 PM   #19
sisforsurfing
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #267

My Ride:
2003 WRX wagon

Send a message via AIM to sisforsurfing
All of these are really funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
Dad: Oh good, I was well over 100
That story/quote is easily my favorite though. hahahaha, hysterical.

sisforsurfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:41 PM   #20
stichris
Tri-State Addict

Member #125

Send a message via AIM to stichris
Matt and I have had some good ones. Once, we got pulled by 3 or 4 cops for "Racing", on the way back from Englishtown. Some concerned citizen calls teh police, apparently. We both got bull**** (tint, registration, or something) tickets.

From San Francisco:

stichris is offline   Reply With Quote