TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
apexanimal
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5737

My Ride:
03 PTGT

Send a message via AIM to apexanimal
Help Needed - Please!

my wife and i woke up about half an hour ago to find that her wheels/tires were stolen last night... i can't explain how angry i am right now so i'll skip that part...

i need the collective power of all who scour the internet: if these are sold or traded anywhere on the internet i want to find them... here is the info:

16x7 rota slipstreams in white
205/45-16 continental extremecontact dws (90-95% new)
black mutegi lug nuts

any info is welcome. thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
apexanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Were they stolen from you in Pottstown? Have you contacted the police? Did you have any security measures in place like an alarm, or locking lug nuts?
Old 12-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Sorry man, your not seeing them again. Call the cops and file with your insurence.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Those are common wheels that are found EVERYWHERE. Hate to say it, but the chances of you finding them are slim. Sucks to hear, but it is sadly the truth.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
apexanimal
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5737

My Ride:
03 PTGT

cops were already here... insurance has been called and i'm finding a new company later...

yeah we're in pottstown... with locking lugs... apparently not locking enough...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #6
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
Sorry to hear man, but yeah, very doubtful you'll be finding that stuff.

Keep scouring craigslist and ebay. You never know.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:25 PM   #7
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
cops were already here... insurance has been called and i'm finding a new company later...

yeah we're in pottstown... with locking lugs... apparently not locking enough...
Sorry to hear.

Locking lug nuts are really useless anymore. You can buy a kit at most local automotive stores for like $40 that will pretty much allow you to take any sort of locking lugnut off the car.

I had to get a kit one time when I lost the key lock for one of my cars. Made me realize, anyone who wants your rims bad enough, is gonna get em. Locking lugnuts or not.
05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #8
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

gorilla glue...
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
92awdtsi
Tri-State Addict

Member #8248

My Ride:
92 talon tsi awd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT View Post
Sorry to hear.

Locking lug nuts are really useless anymore. You can buy a kit at most local automotive stores for like $40 that will pretty much allow you to take any sort of locking lugnut off the car.

I had to get a kit one time when I lost the key lock for one of my cars. Made me realize, anyone who wants your rims bad enough, is gonna get em. Locking lugnuts or not.
if they were the locking lucks that have a star torx looking pattern, you can use a 3/8"s extension. fits right in.
92awdtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:59 AM   #10
nissamax
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9190

My Ride:
Magic Carpet

Send a message via AIM to nissamax
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92awdtsi View Post
if they were the locking lucks that have a star torx looking pattern, you can use a 3/8"s extension. fits right in.
well thats good info for more people to steal rims lol

are the higher end locking lug nuts still the same? or harder

nissamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #11
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissamax View Post

Nothing original is posted online any more. Even a simple Google search will explain how to do just about anything you would ever want to know, and have 10+ variations of how to do it.

Even a worst case scenario where the 'bad guy' doesn't already have the right key:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAUUKD9nGks

http://www.mactools.com/product/tabi...4-lt4000c.aspx

http://community.craftsman.com/Craft...ws?tab=details

OP, unfortunately you won't find the wheels. Even if you do there's no way to prove they're yours. Even with a receipt there's nothing on the wheels that says they're yours unless you inscribed them somehow.

Your best security is a good insurance policy. You need to make sure that whatever insurance you get in the future will cover theft as well as aftermarket parts, and usually they'll only up to a certain value. If you need more coverage for more expensive parts you need a rider on the policy that will cover the aftermarket parts. For that kind of coverage you need to have detailed pictures and receipts, etc. before there's an issue. Most people who put stuff on their cars never think about this stuff until too late, even if it's just Rotas on their wife's car.

Sorry to hear about the wheels.. I'll keep an eye out since I'm only a few minutes away, but realistically they're probably already spray painted and sold. When my friend called the police and reported his stereo stuff stolen he had receipts, original boxes, pictures of the actual stuff, etc. but the officers basically just laughed at him and said 'yeah, it's just gone'. Best thing you can do if check that grimy Cash Converters place down by the old Staples/Walmart. They always have all kinds of scumbag people in there selling s*** they probably stole. They have a 'wheels and tires section' in the back. Also check craigslist for a few weeks. Keep an eye out for 'quick sale' type of stuff with only a little info given. Don't just look for white either because like I said, they're going to spray paint them.

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 12-17-2010 at 11:00 AM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #12
Willdue
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2000

My Ride:
To many VW's

Send a message via AIM to Willdue
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissamax View Post

I ordered 6 different sets of wheels locks from 6 different companys for my BBS RS, they will never steal those ****ers. And sadly, i gotta take my center caps and 30$ valve caps off everyday.

You wont ever see or proove there your wheels again. Learn to mark things in secretive ways, and take pictures of the markings next while showing your ID. Ive done that for all my high end parts. Its the only thing you can do.

Alot of wheels from out here will be shipped to other states that mass sell wheels.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #13
apexanimal
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5737

My Ride:
03 PTGT

thanks for dc2 for the heads up...