TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > [TST] Vendors > Turn In Concepts
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

P&L Motorsports HighFLO intake

an industry first the P&L HighFLO intake provides baseline calibration tuning data to help your tuner quickly, and most accurately set up your car. This is not to be taken lightly as it required many many hours of work to develop. It's details such as this which demonstrate how well thought out, and detail oriented the products from P&L are. Remember, this is not something you get from anyone else, and there's a reason. The other manufacturers did not take the time or bother with the expense to do this. Bottom line, they just don't know, and can't provide a starting point to get the best tune possible.

Additionally this elegant, 3" brushed aluminum intake is fully TIG welded to ensure the proper seal that is lacking from so many other intake designs.

Utilizing a full 3" cross section, the intake is designed to offer MAF resolution up to 450HP on a Subaru non drive-by wire ECU (limited to 4.74 MAF volts), and up to 500HP on a Subaru drive-by wire ECU which goes up to a full 5 MAF volts.

The intake design is actually swept back placing the filter in what we've found to be the "coolest" spot under the hood. Several other intakes were tested and this placement actually measured about 30F cooler under tuning conditions compared to a comparable high horsepower "Big MAF" sized intake.

Finally, the short design is setup to use a small profile coupler to attach to a factory inlet hose, or slide directly into most aftermarket silicone hoses (I.E. Samco), allowing us to utilize a HUGE K&N air filter to make sure there are zero questions about pressure drop and airflow to even the largest of standard location turbo chargers.

Current front mount testing shows zero compatibility issues with the following unit:
TurboXS 1st generation and 2nd generation FMIC

TURNinCONCEPTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
sounds like a good design, and P&L is a really solid company. if you have any photos of it installed in an engine bay i'd be interested to see where it sits in the bay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #3
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

Not the best pic, but it should help.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Do you have any IAT data for this intake since it sits under the hood instead of the fenderwell? Any plans for a big maf CAI from P&L to rival the APS 70mm? I love the MAF scaling, I really wish every intake vendor included that, it would help those of us with Street Tuner, etc. out TONS.

/
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
TURNinCONCEPTS
Vendor

Member #6169

My Ride:
a few scoobies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Do you have any IAT data for this intake since it sits under the hood instead of the fenderwell? Any plans for a big maf CAI from P&L to rival the APS 70mm? I love the MAF scaling, I really wish every intake vendor included that, it would help those of us with Street Tuner, etc. out TONS.
I do not have any IAT data, sadly. P&L might. As for a big MAF I have not heard anything from them on it, but you could always ask when you email about the IAT data.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
Jeffros Spec V
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #263

Send a message via AIM to Jeffros Spec V
Can you PM me a price on this bad boy? I need to pick up a big maf stat!
Jeffros Spec V is offline   Reply With Quote