TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 02-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #181
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
FWIW I did notice an improvement in chassis rigidity with these:

http://garagestar.com/blog/product/g...door-bushings/

Mostly pulling in and out of driveways on angles, less cowl shake, really surprised with how much they helped. This was on a convertible though, not sure how much they really help if you have a real roofline that's part of the cars' body.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:04 PM   #182
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
I'm not shocked that they helped on a convertible, though I'm surprised they made that noticeable of a difference. I'd expect them to make some measurable difference on any "normal" car too (not a supercar with carbon tub, whatever) but I'd be surprised if most people could tell a difference.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:49 PM   #183
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Interesting findings. I wonder if I'll see any changes on the Camaro. Here they are installed:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:51 PM   #184
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Also a small update:

1LE Short Shifter Ordered

1LE 6-piston front brakes

1LE Suspension System Ordered

1LE Rear Trailing Arms Ordered

/
/
/
/
/
Old 02-22-2017, 10:32 AM   #185
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Nice Have you talked to your dealer about getting the shock controller reprogrammed once you have the kit?
Old 02-22-2017, 10:38 AM   #186
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Nice Have you talked to your dealer about getting the shock controller reprogrammed once you have the kit?
Not yet! Going to first find a good dealer that has some positive service reviews.

I've read that the difference between the SS (FE3) mag ride and the 1LE (FE4) mag ride is that the FE3 on Track mode feels like the FE4 on Touring mode.

Kind of funny since I have the SS defaulted to Track mode in my driver settings.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485104

/
/
/
/
/

Last edited by DaveSTi; 02-22-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:27 PM   #187
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Ok, that ZL1 1LE that just debuted is absolutely ridiculous.

I want one.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 02-24-2017, 11:02 PM   #188
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

That thing is absurd...

Reminds me, i saw a REALLY cute Asian chick driving an "old" (last gen) ZL1... I'm a GM hater but that's still awesome lol
Old 02-25-2017, 09:42 PM   #189
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
That thing is absurd...

Reminds me, i saw a REALLY cute Asian chick driving an "old" (last gen) ZL1... I'm a GM hater but that's still awesome lol

/
/
/
/
/
Old 02-25-2017, 10:28 PM   #190
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Does the Track mode ride acceptably enough on the street? I assume so or you wouldn't use it...
Old 02-26-2017, 12:12 AM   #191
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Does the Track mode ride acceptably enough on the street? I assume so or you wouldn't use it...
Yup, it's basically like a sport suspension in terms of feel. Not firm enough for .6g's on up without some roll. (having a HUD that can show g's in a turn has been a ton of fun!)

/
/
/
/
/
Old 02-26-2017, 09:29 PM   #192
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

I'd imagine a HUD would be much more useful for that than the AYC meter in the Evo X, eh?
Old 02-27-2017, 11:33 AM   #193
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
I'd imagine a HUD would be much more useful for that than the AYC meter in the Evo X, eh?
Haha yes. Going from a game boy display to an iPhone.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 02-27-2017, 08:49 PM   #194
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

1LE suspension kit and trailing arm set arrived today. The box was huge and most of the weight has to be the one solid swaybar haha.

The splash guards also arrived along with a hand riveter so I can install the fronts.

Now to find a reputable service center at a local dealer to do the install and reflash the shocks.

That's everything mechanical the 1LE comes with over the SS (minus the eLSD w/ PTM, 6 piston brakes, short shifter, wheels and tires).

At least for now...I'm expecting bushings or little stuff to be found out later

Splash guards pre-painted:

/
/
/
/
/
Old 02-28-2017, 10:37 AM   #195
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Also placed a pre-order on the GM cold air intake and tune that's scheduled to come out end of Q1.

All parts ordered are covered by GM warranty, even on the track.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 02-28-2017, 02:58 PM   #196
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

on the track, eh? interesting... not sure if the Ford track models even are

parts installed yet? hehe
Old 02-28-2017, 04:11 PM   #197
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
on the track, eh? interesting... not sure if the Ford track models even are

parts installed yet? hehe
Yeah it's pretty rare but Al Oppenheiser has made it clear.

Haha not yet. Still on winters.

Kind of want to wait until I get the front brake set too. Do it all at one time.

Really just waiting to save up for the front brake kit and for the pre-ordered parts to get sent out. Also, I plan on having the calipers powdercoated to match the Fifty orange and lettering to keep the factory look (just with larger brakes)

Will run on factory wheels and tires this summer to burn through the runflats.

Get the 1LE or some lightweight wheels with summer tires next year or sooner. Sell my 18's and run all seasons on the factory wheels next winter (needed for brake caliper clearance).

End goal is a Camaro GT3. 550hp n/a track ready car build without the roll cage or daily driver downsides.

/
/
/
/
/

Last edited by DaveSTi; 02-28-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:37 PM   #198
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Sounds like a good plan, keep truckin' man!
Old 03-02-2017, 10:28 AM   #199
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Sounds like a good plan, keep truckin' man!
Thanks! Parts are reasonably priced so it's been a buying spree.

Now I gotta wait for a little bit. Finding a local powdercoat place is going to be fun too.

Plus, I've been spending a lot of time on the BMW to repair and replace worn parts.

(Air filter, cabin filter, spark plugs, coil packs, accessory belt, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, kidney grilles, idrive controller trim ring, hvac panel faceplate, ignition button, drivers side cupholder, navigation software, rear tail light). Oil, trans, dif fluid, water pump and thermostat all next.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 03-07-2017, 09:57 PM   #200
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quick 1LE swaybar math:

Front hollow bar: 31.3mm
Rear solid bar: 28.2 mm

Using an online calculator I measured the rear bar effective rate at 324.8 lbs/in

Need wall thickness for front hollow bar to calculate that. Will be interesting to see what the factory SS bars are in comparison. Wish I could find spring rate information too.

/
/
/
/
/