TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
ProjectX
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #19080

My Ride:
95 GSX

Regards to my gf's situation

This is what happened to my gf and i'm copying and pasting exactly what she wrote. I told her she should def get a lawyer! If someone can bring more knowledge on this? Location is Brooklyn,NY

"Hi,
So I was written a ticket for failure to yield to an emergency vehicle in violation of 1144A in New York.

The situation:
Christmas day I was driving back from a friend's house, safely and following all the rules, in the middle lane of a three lane road. A police car with flashing lights was coming up behind me (middle lane). I did not hear any sirens and being a new driver, I was confused so I slowed down. The police car continued to follow behind me and then it went into the left lane. I continued to drive slowly. The police car came up on my left and then proceeded to cut me off and turn right into a side road coming up. I was in shock and pressed the brakes as my car lightly hit into the police car that was cutting in front of me without warning. The police man told me that it would be fine, I was driving well and following the rules and that he had to write me a ticket. He told me that it wasn't a big deal and I'd just go to court and everything will be fine.

Originally I placed a guilty plea, in the suggestions of my father. But in the suggestion of my mother, she told me to fight it and so I changed my plea to not guilty.

My main questions are:
Do I have a reasonable case?
Do I need a lawyer?

I have court in a week and a half. Please help because I'm freaking out. I have a completely clean record. This is my first "offense". "

Last edited by ProjectX; 07-02-2013 at 06:52 PM.
ProjectX is offline   Reply With Quote