TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
jdmwill
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5436

My Ride:
daily s13 slammed drifty ready, drift car ae86 sr20 powered...20" mongoose for fun

the worst financial blunder i have made "they 86"

after playing with 240's for so long, i pretty much got sick of them. i mean for what i like to do in my offtime they're perfect and all. but you know if you go to any drift event there is a sea of bumperless 240's uggghhh. so a little bit over 2 years ago, a good friend sent me a text in the middle of a wedding. it said....so i have this ae86 coupe that i need to get rid off. lets just say i ran to the bathroom like a lil kid doing the pee pee dance. after that 2 weeks later i fish this pos from the pine barrens of jersey. my plan was to fund wht ever i do to the car with what i sold off of it. and i stuck by that desision.

after getting her i was in the middle of moving away from philly and relocating to jersey. so it sat for 4 month until i finally gain the trust of my new bosses to bring her in. first order of business was to drop in my ka-t. but a friend needed it to finish off his drifting season so i build another ka-t.

now you may think im crazy but during the years of the car in my possesion. it has seen 2 different body kits and 2 paint jobs and 2 engines. currently im running a na sr20de.

originally i had went uras style trueno, eventually i swapped everything out a peice together a levin front.

now this is where the big money comes in, and where rollas seperate the men from the fanboys..."suspension and brakes"
to get the rolla to be some what predictable you have to spends money. coilovers, adjusteble 4 link, adjustable pan rod arm, tc rods, inner and outer tie rod ends. that right there is about $2,500. or more eazy.

10mm worth of more angle 48deg

hydro ebrake

rear suspension

front

last but not lease the rear diff, probably the only thing i let somebody else put there hands on. i trusted my good friend mike a drivetrain dynamics with it. im running a weir performance 4.77 ring and pinion and solid pinion spacer. with a welded diff done by them. final price on the whole thing $900. ugghh

well after all the head ache and late nights, i finally got to drive her. aint no better place than the most awesome grassroot event in america "east coast bash"....granted i have a couple buggs to fix on her, she really wanted more and more. cant wait till i drive her again.

here is some video

first drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP5rLxdHd3A

burn out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LViNHgons3g

and this is how it feels to be my passenger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_29nPHmeXi4

Last edited by jdmwill; 07-06-2011 at 04:29 PM.
jdmwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
kunt_masha
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #671

My Ride:
wide low dumb e30, heavy slow 350z

Send a message via AIM to kunt_masha
I <3 this car!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
sleepersatty99
Tri-State Addict

Member #4142

My Ride:
99 saturn sl2

Doing it BIG willie style I see. Very sweet ride my friend.

your suffering will be legendary even in HELL!!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
sleepersatty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
CivicSi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21127

My Ride:
2007 Honda Civic Si

very sharp, keep it up, wonder what the next mods will be?
Old 07-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
OBEEWON
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1315

My Ride:
Lansdale Local

Send a message via MSN to OBEEWON
Love this thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OBEEWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #6
jdmwill
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5436

My Ride:
daily s13 slammed drifty ready, drift car ae86 sr20 powered...20" mongoose for fun

Only plans are to get use to driving a rolla, maybe cage it and turbocharge it down the line. But for now, just enjoy it.

Last edited by jdmwill; 07-07-2011 at 01:48 PM.
jdmwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
sillyeye
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8808

My Ride:
99 GSX

Great build.
sillyeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
morla
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16045

My Ride:
'06 Evo SE, '99 Integra, '97 Q45

just sick, great job

morla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
Teku18
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4895

My Ride:
2014 WRB BRZ, 1992 SVX

Send a message via AIM to Teku18
It was nice finally meeting you at ECB. Wish I could have seen her run. Car looked great in person. Pics do not do it justice.
Quote:
yes this is ok with me, obviously but when someone is paying and i plasma their fender open and then duct tape it shut they might get upset while i am laughing.
Teku18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
jdmwill
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5436

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekuDrifter18 View Post
It was nice finally meeting you at ECB. Wish I could have seen her run. Car looked great in person. Pics do not do it justice.
Same here homie, i wish i would of drove saturday. By the.end of sunday i finally started figuring out the weight transfer and to be aware of the snap back they are famous for. I can't to drve her again.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #11
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

I kinda miss the Trueno front but it looks killer in either iteration. Glad to see you had a good time behind the wheel at ECB. Nothing cures the car blues like some wheel time.
Erik@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #12
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:
1996 240sx & 1989 240sx Coupe

Send a message via AIM to thefro526
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmwill View Post
But for now, just enjoy it.
Papa Willie, I don't think I've ever seen you as happy towards or driving a car for as long as I've known you. (Which I've realized has been my entire adult life) It's cool seeing you out there ripping it in a proper car and stuff.

With Love,
'Fro.

Quote:
Also do some things with it, with fro boy's whip.
Quote:
At this rate, though, it'll be 2015 before either of you gets yo whips running right.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #13
jdmwill
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5436

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Papa Willie, I don't think I've ever seen you as happy towards or driving a car for as long as I've known you. (Which I've realized has been my entire adult life) It's cool seeing you out there ripping it in a proper car and stuff.

With Love,
'Fro.
Yeah the rolla is by far alot more fun than any 240 i had own or drove. There is something about making a car do your will, unlike a 240 which does the driving for you. Yeah it makes me happy.