TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

List of Cars that get ticketd the Most...Do you fall on the List, I know I do :(

Hummer drivers get more tickets from police
BY TOM INCANTALUPO | tom.incantalupo@newsday.com January 15, 2009

What is it about those Hummer drivers?

A company that helps auto insurers spot high risks says in a new report that drivers of the H2 and H3 are ticketed by police at more than four times the rate of the average driver - the highest of models it studied.

But contrary to the stereotype of the aggressive sport utility vehicle driver, the report by ISO Quality Planning of San Francisco also found that drivers of Chevrolet Suburbans and Tahoes, big SUVs that share structural and mechanical basics with the H2, are among the least likely to get tickets for moving violations, based on a study of tickets issued nationwide in a 12-month period ended last year by drivers of more than 1.7 million vehicles.

Why the difference? Quality Planning executives can only guess. "The sense of power that Hummer drivers derive from their vehicle may be directly correlated with the number of violations they incur," president Raj Bhat said in statement. "Or perhaps Hummer drivers, by virtue of their driving position, are less likely to notice road hazards, signs, pedestrians or other drivers."

On Long Island, homebuilder and renovator Steve Nemiroff of Roslyn Heights said yesterday he has never been ticketed for a moving violation in 163,000 miles of driving the 2003 H2 he bought from North Bay Cadillac Hummer in Great Neck. And he said he does feel safe behind the wheel. "No matter what the weather or where I am," he said, "I never worry about me getting hurt."

Quality Planning said other vehicles whose drivers attract above-average numbers of tickets are those that appeal to young people, especially the Toyota/Scion xA, xB and tC; and at least two that appeal to auto enthusiasts, the Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG and CLS63 AMG.

Quality Planning's survey isn't the first to single out the drivers of Hummers; the Highway Loss Data Institute, a suburban Virginia-based group affiliated with the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, says on its Web site that H3s have a "substantially worse than average," rate of claims for property damage, though not for other types of claims.

The institute says the larger Hummer H2 has a substantially worse-than-average record for property damage and also for bodily injury and even fire and theft claims.

Drivers of these vehicles get the most tickets: *
Hummer H2, H3
Scion tC
Scion xB
Mercedes CLK63AMG
Toyota Solara Coupe
Mercedes CLS63AMG
Scion xA
Subaru Outback
Audi A4
Toyota Matrix

Drivers of these get the least:
Jaguar XJ
Chevrolet Suburban
Chevrolet Tahoe
Chevrolet C/K 2500/3500 pickup
Buick Park Avenue
Mazda 6
Buick Rainier SUV
Oldsmobile Silhouette minivan
Buick Lucerne
GMC Sierra C1500 pickup

*In order, based on percent of average rate per 100,000 miles driven

I know i get pulled over a lot for stupid stuff just to be harrassed and picked apart to be handed a fine or some type of warning and followed a lot, especially at night
|Nikon|
Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
SvicksTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

I mean this is only one study, but damn there is a lot of toyota's on that minor list
|Nikon|
Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
240sxDann
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1229

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to 240sxDann
not on it!
If you find a woman with zero drama issues or emotional baggage, check for a scar where her penis used to be.
Quote:
i finger myself to latin jazz sometimes
240sxDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
Gregory
Tri-State Addict

Member #1461

My Ride:
1998 Mitsubish Eclipse GS-T, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvicksTc View Post
"Or perhaps Hummer drivers, by virtue of their driving position, are less likely to notice road hazards, signs, pedestrians or other drivers."
LOL is that a joke? Cause it def made me laugh.

I hope he's suggesting that hummer drivers plow through crowds of people without noticing.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

seems like an awful lot of scion drivers on there. probably because they're all assholes.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
seems like an awful lot of scion drivers on there. probably because they're all assholes.
hahaha, probably because so many young drivers get them i mean the demographic is like 16-25, which is another reason why the TC has one of the higher insurance rates too....

Sucks sterotypes follow everywhere.....
|Nikon|
Twitter:
Old 01-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #7
coleycole
Tri-State Addict

Member #7902

My Ride:
2004 Nissan 350Z Roadster 6m/t

I can see why the hummer would be on there... it is hard to miss and somewhat of a status symbol so cops probably target it a little bit easier. the toyota's must be on there because they are affordable sport coupes that are very common amongst younger inexperienced drivers. And the AMG drivers are wealthy car enthusiast that just dont give a ****...
Old 01-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
jdm free
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1481

My Ride:
6spd Civic

Send a message via AIM to jdm free
ive gotten pulled over in my sisters solara. but i dont believe that cops look for these cars.
jdm free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #9
deb38
Tri-State Addict

Member #5266

My Ride:
2001 Audi S4

Send a message via AIM to deb38
Audi A4 is on the list. Not the S4 though, we are too fast, and get away!

I didn't read the article, just noted the cars. However I think a lot of it probably has to do with age and maturity. You see a lot of cheaper cars being pulled over, probably because they are owned by younger, less responsible drivers. Whereas the other end of the spectrum is filled with Buicks, Jaguars, etc... typically driven by an older demographic.

Sitting on Jack Stands

Last edited by deb38; 01-20-2009 at 06:21 PM.
deb38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #10
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
It also is refering to stock cars lol most of us probably get pulled over for mode and stuff like tint and stuff like that

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
Reds82
Tri-State Addict

Member #10670

My Ride:
1981 Mercury Crappi

I have never been looked at twice by cops in my xb
Reds82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #12
Zillon
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5760

My Ride:
2013 JCW GP

Send a message via AIM to Zillon
I've been ticketed twice. Once in PA, and once in Tennessee. Both times for speeding (both were 68 in a 55).

Yup... I added to that statistic.

|
Zillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #13
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvicksTc View Post
hahaha, probably because so many young drivers get them i mean the demographic is like 16-25, which is another reason why the TC has one of the higher insurance rates too....

Sucks sterotypes follow everywhere.....
wait a minute... you're complaining about a stereotype?? look at what i own! hahaha. i could write a book with all of the honda stereotypes!

although this list seems pretty realistic, i still can't understand how more actual sports cars (or ones that think they are) aren't on the list. where are the EVO, 350Z, eclipse, RSX, and even civic or integra drivers? surely they get pulled over a lot, maybe just not most often. possibly on a list of most MPH over the limit tickets? i would guess that most Xb, outback, hummer, etc drivers are pulled over for going 5-10 over, while the cars i listed might be more like 15-20 although not as frequently.

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 01-20-2009 at 06:32 PM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #14
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
is it wierd that I'm actually kinda bummed that the wrx wasn't on the most naughty list? I guess were not as badass as I thought

Oh well I guess I'll just have to go get me a clk63 amg black series.
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #15
redg2
Tri-State Addict

Member #3899

My Ride:
Redg2

Kinda weird the outback made it but the wrx didnt

redg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:12 PM   #16
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
I know right WTF!?!?!?! **** the outback and theyre gay 165bhp. jk <3 Subies
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:35 PM   #17
Eclipse GSX 61
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7996

My Ride:
14' Mercedes C300

Send a message via AIM to Eclipse GSX 61
I don't really get tickets but I get followed every other day by a cop. Then I do like 25 in a 45 when he is tailing me and that usually is the end of it.

02 RSX
Eclipse GSX 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #18
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubz View Post
is it wierd that I'm actually kinda bummed that the wrx wasn't on the most naughty list? I guess were not as badass as I thought

Oh well I guess I'll just have to go get me a clk63 amg black series.
Or an Outback
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #19
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:
98 Trans Am WS7 | 01 Trans AM WS6 | 03 VW Golf TDI | 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (ZJ)

Send a message via AIM to PAFirefighter11
Both of my vehicles are good.
Nikon D2x | Canon AE-1 | SB600 | Nikkor Lenses: 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 50 1.8 | 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Dakine Sequence | Bogen/Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod | 3231 Monopod | 486RC2 head | AlienBees B1600 | etc.
FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
wow some of you jeep guys party hard
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:30 AM   #20
JSpecV03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6345

My Ride:
2006 Acura TSX,1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0, and cammed out Spec V with a blown motor.

Send a message via AIM to JSpecV03
ive been pulled over a handful of times for doing nothing at all. since having a yellow car sticks out like a sore thumb and just gives cops a "reason" to stop you.
the above article failed to mention about red,yellow,and black painted cars, having a more risk of getting stopped.
Every Nasty Vehical Illustrates Our Useless Spending
JSpecV03 is offline   Reply With Quote