TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 10-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
delphinE30
Tri-State Addict

Member #14644

My Ride:
1987 BMW 325is

just blowin off steam!! arg

effin cops!!!
ok so i had the tint on my car for like 5 years and was never bothered about it.....the cop was even like wtf???? he was cool and all but cops talk a lot and dont make sence and they dont realize what they say. he was tellin me the laws and junk and they didnt seem to make sence to me. but watever. im just frustrated that i have to take the tint off after all those years.so i gotta take it off or take the hit.??? ugh sor for the rant but i needed it. theres probly more that was needed to be said but im on the phone at the moment sooo ugh lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
delphinE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

click me

sorry, just had to be a dick on this one.

sometimes when you do something illegal, you get caught. you then have to deal with the consequences. it's tint, not really a big deal... you're lucky the cop didn't pick apart every mod on your car.

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 10-15-2009 at 12:00 AM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:59 PM   #3
sean3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5757

My Ride:
04 Mach 1

Boohoo you did something illegal and got a ticket for it. You knew what you were getting into when you had it done.
sean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
Appl3
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8363

My Ride:
My 2 feet

cops are cracking down on tints right now...its ok i got a ticket to but im just going to pay the fine and not take it off
Appl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:38 AM   #5
delphinE30
Tri-State Addict

Member #14644

My Ride:
1987 BMW 325is

o yea i told the cop i totally understand i knew it was illegal. and im glad you giys gave me sh*t for it but im allowed to be angered lol. now if i just put the tint on and got caught then yea i would have been watever but when i see the same cop just about every day and one day he decides to nail me its gay.....
i have goten pulled over for going 10 under teh speed limit. that was hilarious i actually got ticketed for that one. so give me your input on that!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
delphinE30
Tri-State Addict

Member #14644

My Ride:
1987 BMW 325is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appl3 View Post
cops are cracking down on tints right now...its ok i got a ticket to but im just going to pay the fine and not take it off
how much is the fine?

Old 10-15-2009, 12:43 AM   #7
Rush
Tri-State Addict

Member #2869

My Ride:
'05 G35 Coupe 6MT [om-nom]; '00 Protege [DD]; Former MSP Driver [RIP #1276]

Driving 10 under the speed limit can be just as dangerous as speeding sometimes. Take a minute to think about it.

And so you got a ticket for tints. On that matter, I'll use one of my favorite quotes from Sherwood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherwood View Post
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
There's no rule that says the cop HAS to pull you over for something the FIRST time he sees you. He can do it whenever the hell he wants. So either take the tint off, or pay the fine.

Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:44 AM   #8
sleeper15
Tri-State Addict

Member #14620

My Ride:
08 Civic Mugen SI, 08 S2000 CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphinE30 View Post
o yea i told the cop i totally understand i knew it was illegal. and im glad you giys gave me sh*t for it but im allowed to be angered lol. now if i just put the tint on and got caught then yea i would have been watever but when i see the same cop just about every day and one day he decides to nail me its gay.....
i have goten pulled over for going 10 under teh speed limit. that was hilarious i actually got ticketed for that one. so give me your input on that!!!
yeah, that is kinda of bull****. seen you driving by for that long, and then now decideds to pull you over.

i remeber when i was stationed in washington, i got pulled over 8 times, reason being? all the cops said they though i was driving drunk. which i wasn't. everytime i blew into their breathilzer machine, came out .00.

my idea of why they pulled me over, cause i'm a young guy, driving a blacked out suv, with military base stickers on it. they see the military sticker, automaticly assumes i've been drinking, and it's free money for them.

sleeper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:50 AM   #9
tomustang
Tri-State Addict

Member #1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper15 View Post
yeah, that is kinda of bull****. seen you driving by for that long, and then now decideds to pull you over.
No bs, he let it slide for so long, if his captain puts the heat out the cop has to do his job and bring the dough in..
tomustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:54 AM   #10
delphinE30
Tri-State Addict

Member #14644

My Ride:
1987 BMW 325is

yea. but it just bother s you ya know?? im not gonig against anyone here and sying uor assholes. it just sux.
but as for going 10 under.... i did a U turn in delaware. my buddy was in his loud ass neon and when he turned he got on it. as i turned a bit behind him i saw the cop tunr on her lights. and she bpulled out.( she was facing opposite direction on our side of the road) my car with stock exhaust made no noise. she pulled both pf us over. people on the side of the road came up to me and were like wtf??? y did she pull you over u turns are legal. haha
the cop passed me to pull my buddu over and stopped all traffic that passed me to get to me...... arg i guess thats what happens with a high profile car. but next time she better not hit my car with her night stick. even if it was just for a nice gesture....i
i totally understand cops are just doing there jobs and tint is illegal or so i think thats what he was trying to say idk.
i also understand y tehy profile.....like when my cosuin died at 35 mph at most. the cops said he was gonig too fast with no gear. when witnesses say he dumped the bike before the truck hit him and he was doing maybe 30. whatever its done and over with i did my pointless bitching. sorry guys. im sure this doesnt make sence

Old 10-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #11
delphinE30
Tri-State Addict

Member #14644

My Ride:
1987 BMW 325is

high profile cars man!!! its been like that since.....forever.......we get bad names thats waht starts it off. and like DC2 said luckily thats the only mod he got me for. ugh i havent drivin my car in like 3 weeks and i bring it out and blaaaaaah lol

Old 10-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #12
sleeper15
Tri-State Addict

Member #14620

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomustang View Post
No bs, he let it slide for so long, if his captain puts the heat out the cop has to do his job and bring the dough in..
i kinda think it is.

but mind you, i'm a little drunk, so my argument is most like invalid.

and reminds me of something else that happened to me, and again in washington.

driving by this school at around 2:00pm, look at the speedlimit sign. normally, it flashes when you have to do 25mph, and when it's not flashing, you can do 45mph. so, i look at the sign, and it's not flashing. so, i start to pick up speed, i get to 33mph, and this cop comes flying out and pulls me over. write me a ticket for doing 33 in a 25mph school zone. i arguee with the cop saying

"The sign wasn't flashing."

his response, "Thats why i'm here. You should know that school is going on."

me being pissed "How the f*ck am i supose to know the school schuduel, i dn't have a kid."

his response, "Again, thats why I'm here, to remind you. Enjoy your ticket."

$432 fine.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:58 AM   #13
getHIGHstayFLY
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #14873

**** the people sayin u did somethin illegal blah blah blah. find a dude that does inspections and have him sign the slip sayin u got the tint takin off.. no ticket
getHIGHstayFLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:01 AM   #14
tomustang
Tri-State Addict

Member #1302

Quote:
i kinda think it is.

driving by this school at around 2:00pm, look at the speedlimit sign. normally, it flashes when you have to do 25mph, and when it's not flashing, you can do 45mph. so, i look at the sign, and it's not flashing. so, i start to pick up speed, i get to 33mph, and this cop comes flying out and pulls me over. write me a ticket for doing 33 in a 25mph school zone. i arguee with the cop saying

me being pissed "How the f*ck am i supose to know the school schuduel, i dn't have a kid."

$432 fine.
Now that's bs

What I really don't understand is that tint is illegal for the front windows BUT you can have it done at any Pa tint shop...
tomustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:02 AM   #15
JST2KWIK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6855

My Ride:
2021 Ram TRX, 2014 Camaro Z/28, 2017 Shelby GT350, 1991 Mercedes 350SDL

Quote:
i kinda think it is.

$432 fine.
that's rediculous! It's almost like pulling you over for driving through a traffic light if the power is out because after all, you should know that there is a 33.3333% that light was red...
JST2KWIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:05 AM   #16
sleeper15
Tri-State Addict

Member #14620

My Ride:

Quote:
Now that's bs

What I really don't understand is that tint is illegal for the front windows BUT you can have it done at any Pa tint shop...
yeah, i wanted to fight it, but i was flying home to see my family in PA, so couldn't.

it's like in san diego, you can mod your car anyway you want, but most of it is concidered illegal.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:06 AM   #17
delphinE30
Tri-State Addict

Member #14644

My Ride:
1987 BMW 325is

Quote:
Now that's bs

thats my argument as well!!! seriously you can install it but we will pull you over...idk people will talk **** on that too though.
o and as for taking it to a guy and signing the paper?? i have to go to the police station. no clue where that is located. and i may not be around for the next five days/have time to rip that junk off.
o and sleeper???? hahahahahaha suspicion of drubk driving..
reply. "im a little drunk so my argument may be invalid" hahahahahah

Old 10-15-2009, 01:09 AM   #18
sleeper15
Tri-State Addict

Member #14620

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphinE30 View Post
thats my argument as well!!! seriously you can install it but we will pull you over...idk people will talk **** on that too though.
o and as for taking it to a guy and signing the paper?? i have to go to the police station. no clue where that is located. and i may not be around for the next five days/have time to rip that junk off.
o and sleeper???? hahahahahaha suspicion of drubk driving..
reply. "im a little drunk so my argument may be invalid" hahahahahah
yeah, the sad part is, when my ship got back from deployment, the DUI rate of the state of washington tripled in 1 month.

and, your more then welcome to quote my reply from before.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:13 AM   #19
delphinE30
Tri-State Addict

Member #14644

My Ride:
1987 BMW 325is

yea i just forgot to hit quote lol
dam thats crazy tripled in one month???
dam my buddies in iraq right now and better be coming home soon. hope he keeps with driving sober....he will be of age saturday.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:16 AM   #20
Rush
Tri-State Addict

Member #2869

My Ride:
'05 G35 Coupe 6MT [om-nom]; '00 Protege [DD]; Former MSP Driver [RIP #1276]

Quote:
i kinda think it is.

$432 fine.
I had something similar happen to me, though I didn't get a ticket. I got pulled over because the flashing school zone lights turned on WHILE I was driving through the zone. As in, I drove by the sign with the lights at the start of the school zone, and they weren't flashing. Shortly after I passed the sign, the lights turned on and started flashing.

I was pulled over and given a lecture about speeding through school zones. No ticket, but I was still extremely annoyed.

Seeing as I don't have eyes in the back of my head (to see the sign I'd already passed) OR x-ray vision (to see through the sign to know that the lights had started flashing) .. explain to me how I was supposed to know it had become an active school zone. Ugh.

Rush is offline   Reply With Quote