TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-30-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
frisco rps13
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #21453

My Ride:
1992 Nissan 240sx

Transporting a firearm in PA

I have always gone by the rule of keeping the firearm itself in either the trunk or glovebox and the ammunition in the compartment that the firearm is not. I have never had an issue and one local officer seemed fine with it when I questioned him about it at a gas station.

Now, my daily driver is a truck so there is no "trunk." The two times I have transported my firearms(an AR15 and a semi-auto handgun) I kept the ammo in the glove box, and crammed my gun case under the back seat out of my reach. I dont want to put them in the bed of the truck as to keep them from flying around and god forbid it starts raining while I drive.

So my question, what is the best way to transport a firearm in a truck to avoid getting hassled about having it?

Note: Once I get my CCW I shouldnt have to worry about transporting the .40 as long as I show my ccw card, but that doesnt work for long guns.

Thoughts officers?

Thanks,

Ryan
frisco rps13 is offline   Reply With Quote