TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
MJSWRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #10748

My Ride:
03' wrx

License ??

A buddy of mine got his licence suspended for 4-5 years im not sure of the exact time frame. With that said he has now gone 2 years and i have the following question:

Because his suspension was all do to failure to pay and one extra year for driving on a suspended license before he decided it wasn't worth it, is there any way to appeal the remaining suspension? If so who does he need to contact to try and get that done? I mean none of tickets were DUI or accident related, all inspection, registration, ect. so maybe theres a chance if he gets in contact with the right people he can get it back? I know he can a work one but is there any way to get it fully restored?

p.s- all fines are paid off and he served 30 days for scofflaw/restitution for some of the tickets. Any info would be greatly appreciated

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
did you guys have a 14 second race?
MJSWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:17 AM   #2
Bane
[TST] Police Officer

Member #8526

My Ride:
Will P.I.T. you

and he did what to lose his license for 4-5 years?

I know of a kid who got caught doing 157 through an active school zone and he lost his for 2 years, did your buddy do donuts on the white house lawn?

Your best bet would be to contact a lawyer that specializes in vehicle/license law
Old 02-25-2009, 12:20 AM   #3
MJSWRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #10748

My Ride:
03' wrx

well because he was givn a group of tickets at one time and failure to pay each one was a 1 year plus the driving on suspended license. but thanks for the tip... didnt know if there was any other avenue so figured i check and see if you happen to know of any.

Quote:
Old 02-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #4
Bane
[TST] Police Officer

Member #8526

My Ride:
Will P.I.T. you

yea best bet is to get a hold of a lawyer that can try to sort it out for you if they can, check the phone book there are plenty of license lawyers
Old 02-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
MJSWRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #10748

My Ride:
03' wrx

yea thanks. and thanks for the quick response., you guys can lock/delete thread

Quote: