TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #141
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Ben if you come across a used 38mm ewg on the cheap let me know.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #142
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender81 View Post
Ben if you come across a used 38mm ewg on the cheap let me know.
I will keep my eyes open, but I didnt have any luck with that. Used ones dont loose much value. Especially if you need to buy a different spring for it.

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #143
g00fy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19541

My Ride:
05 Subaru Rhombus XT

Wow man, just skimmed the whole journal, sounds like it's gonna be pretty sick when it's all done, can't wait to see it!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #144
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to just sit in it and fire it up again to be honest. It's been a rough year without it. I keep going between it will be worth the wait and I should have just stuck with what I had lol.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #145
sleeperSL2
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8422

Send a message via AIM to sleeperSL2
I would ask for a ride when it's all finished, but after having ridden in bens wagon, i highly doubt anything would compare lol

Im looking forward to seeing this finished though, by talking to you about it even though youre low key on your excitement, i can tell your anxious lol

Kyle
sleeperSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #146
g00fy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19541

My Ride:
05 Subaru Rhombus XT

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to just sit in it and fire it up again to be honest. It's been a rough year without it. I keep going between it will be worth the wait and I should have just stuck with what I had lol.
A year is a long time man, i couldn't handle that, but i know how you feel, i can't wait to get back into my forester, fire it up, crank my stereo to 11 and just drive.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #147
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest_Bob View Post
My old TD06 8cm 20g.

This setup is gonna put down more power than mine. I would bet money on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeperSL2 View Post
I would ask for a ride when it's all finished, but after having ridden in bens wagon, i highly doubt anything would compare lol
Kyle please see above quote . I am anxious to have it back but to be honest I've just learned through the years that the wait to get it right is always far better then the short lived instant gratification followed soon after by inevitable regret lol.

Hey Goof have you started thinking of what the first song will be?

Old 02-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #148
g00fy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19541

My Ride:
05 Subaru Rhombus XT

Quote:

Hey Goof have you started thinking of what the first song will be?
Believe it or not that's a question that crosses my mind almost every time i think about the car... I have no idea yet, I'll know when i get in the car and fire it up for the first time
Old 02-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #149
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Oh I believe it I am the same way. I haven't decided yet but I think after I hear it run the first time I will know lol.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #150
sleeperSL2
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8422

I retract my statement then, I shall step in line.

Kyle
Old 02-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #151
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

lmao well played sir

Old 02-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #152
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Oh and a brief update would be the heads are on their way to Equilibrium Tuning out in Cali to have the combustion chamber matching done.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #153
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
I thought you decided against that?

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #154
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Yeah i kept going back and forth on it and finally I decided that I just didn't want the high compression and that the thicker head gasket just didn't make enough of a difference to leave me with that warm fuzzy feeling lol.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #155
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

Hope everything turns out great!

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #156
OMGz Turbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3108

My Ride:
01' WS6..That whistles...01' Explorer 5.slow

I just went through this thread and im happy for y a bro, cant wait to see this thing together 100%

NO ONE CARES ABOUT BEING TTT APPROVED
OMGz Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #157
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Thanks guys with any luck it will be sitting at Sonic for the meet this year.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #158
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

So the latest update is the heads are currently being CNC'd at EQ tuning to have the combustion chamber of the 2.0 heads match the 2.5 block. This is to lower the compression a bit to control knock. They are saying the turn around is two weeks so hopefully I will have these back soon enough. The plan is still to have it together and tuned for the Sonic meet.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #159
sleeperSL2
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8422

Yes!!!

Kyle
Old 03-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #160
Supraholic
Tri-State Addict

Member #1791

I would like to see those heads!!!

Supraholic is offline   Reply With Quote