TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Racing
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 04:38 AM   #841
SleeperGoat
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3339

My Ride:
84 Camaro/ 05 GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTramair View Post
yeah the new whip is phat....first "new" car ive ever owned. got lucky that i was able to sell my Firebird within the first week of tryin to sell it and got more than what i paid for it 2 1/2 years ago. i promise its staying stock...

Did the G8's coming with beefer half shafts then the GTO? If they didnt then if your idea of keeping it stock is the same as mine i'd invest in some lol I plan on grabbing some this spring if the other car doesn't start to work its way back together lol. Its the only thing keeping me from throwing the DR's on it this spring o an the clutch lol.
05 GTO - Push Button Performance w/ spooling action
Old 01-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #842
TNTramair
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZ05 View Post
Did the G8's coming with beefer half shafts then the GTO? If they didnt then if your idea of keeping it stock is the same as mine i'd invest in some lol I plan on grabbing some this spring if the other car doesn't start to work its way back together lol. Its the only thing keeping me from throwing the DR's on it this spring o an the clutch lol.
not sure on the half shafts but....when i say stock, power wise its staying stock. im tired of the whole mod thing right now. i will be doing the suspension with some coilovers, Baer brake kit, wheels and a CAI and that'll be the extent of the mods. i have the TT to beat around on when i get the speed bug.
2006 Yamaha R1 50th ann.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #843
prodigymb
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2051

My Ride:
Gemballa 996tt

Quote:
not sure on the half shafts but....when i say stock, power wise its staying stock. im tired of the whole mod thing right now. i will be doing the suspension with some coilovers, Baer brake kit, wheels and a CAI and that'll be the extent of the mods. i have the TT to beat around on when i get the speed bug.
Did you get a manual or auto?

I saw really quick white auto G8 at Cecil, going 12.5x on 20" wheels
Old 01-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #844
TNTramair
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigymb View Post
Did you get a manual or auto?

I saw really quick white auto G8 at Cecil, going 12.5x on 20" wheels
all G8 GT's are 6 speed autos. only the GXP models can come with an optional 6 speed manual.
2006 Yamaha R1 50th ann.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #845
SleeperGoat
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3339

My Ride:
84 Camaro/ 05 GTO

Quote:
Gotcha I'm probably the other way around simple mods no appearence this time around god forbid i miss washing the car one weekend the next one i'll pay for it lol that an going over speed bumps that wasnt fun either lol. I'm still trying to figure out what CAI i wanna grab the one everyone says is the best makes you cut your shroud which i'd prefer not too. I'm sure if my camaro was done i'd have no urge to play with the GTO either an probably do the same thing some wheels brakes an suspension lol.
05 GTO - Push Button Performance w/ spooling action
Old 01-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #846
zmainiac
Tri-State Addict

Member #13881

My Ride:
1988 nissan 300zx turbo, 1984 300zx Turbo, 2000 bmw 323ci

You should check out new era's cai and performance parts for these cars. They are out of rochester ny and there welder/fab guy is amazing. They got a g8 into the 11's with there bolt ons. www.neweraperformanceparts.com. real nice guys up there.