TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Subaru Talk
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 02-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Send a message via AIM to WRX_JB
Well Search still on after 3/12 (Link to local last page)

So my dad agreed to co-sign for me, i am fully interested in any sti now , hopefully 05'-06' , like the body style better.

So let me know if you know someone or dealership that could have one i should look at would be great , def looking to a part of the Subaru family

Might actully go up to:
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...00&car_id=null
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Billsarticle.jpg (79.5 KB, 5 views)

-AWD Civic 91' - Sold -2000 Cavalier -Sold
-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by WRX_JB; 03-25-2008 at 11:56 AM.
WRX_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
scutzi128
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6101

My Ride:
04 STi

Send a message via AIM to scutzi128
Go with the 05. Best body style and the performance from 04-07 has pretty much been the same with only very minor changes. 07 supposedly have better flowing heads though so Idk.

Traded in for STi

best 1/4 of 13.5 threw a rod

XBL GT: Bison Lover

scutzi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
pearl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1108

My Ride:
suck it trebek

Send a message via AIM to pearl
2.5 liter block in 07,
2.0 liter in a 02-05.

bigger = better
Last Activity: 03-24-2009 12:05 PM
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
scutzi128
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6101

My Ride:
04 STi

if your dealing with a wrx I agree with pearl, but for sti go with an 05

Traded in for STi

Old 02-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
pearl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1108

My Ride:
suck it trebek

What is your reasoning behind that scutzi?
Old 02-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #6
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl View Post
2.5 liter block in 06/07 wrx,
2.0 liter in a 02-05 wrx.

bigger = better
fixed
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
scutzi128
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6101

My Ride:
04 STi

04-07 sti = about the same performance wise....05 is the best mix of style and performance between all of them imo...

Traded in for STi

Old 02-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
pearl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1108

My Ride:
suck it trebek

Quote:
Originally Posted by scutzi128 View Post
04-07 sti = about the same performance wise....05 is the best mix of style and performance between all of them imo...
So its just cosmetic? I'm not quizing you, just curious
Old 02-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #9
4banginRex
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #6171

My Ride:
2002 subaru WRX

07 sti's have a VF43, opposed to the earlier VF39's. They say you can get slightly more out of it then the VF39, I think because their is not an issue with boost creep and its not known for the wastegate crack. correct me if im wrong tho. Also I believe the 07 has longer gear ratios... BUTT all that is only if you can afford an 07 STi
4banginRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #10
scutzi128
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6101

My Ride:
04 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl View Post
So its just cosmetic? I'm not quizing you, just curious
Yea most ppl agree the 04-05 style > then 06-07. Plus they can be had for cheaper.

Traded in for STi

Old 02-04-2008, 02:37 PM   #11
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
It really depends on if your going with a WRX or an STI.

STI - 05
WRX - 06, 07 for the 2.5L

The 07 STI tranny has better gearing, but there have been reports of 07 sti's with motor problems.

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #12
WKderF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #30

My Ride:
Taste The Beast

Send a message via AIM to WKderF
if this discussion is specifically about STis, hen the differences are really the 04 - 05+06 - and the 07.

The 04 is the 1st year of the US STi. it uses the same suspension as the WRX, but with different geometry for the rear. The bolt pattern for the wheels is 5x100. The interior is the traditional 02+ WRX dashoard which is a split style. The door cards are also the same as the 02-04 WRX but adds a blue suede insert over the regular seat upholstery.

In 05, the STi got a minor facelift inside, outside, and suspension wise. The headlights while still having amber inserts, have a darker chrome inside of them. the rear fenders add a trim piece to give a bit of extra dimension, the suspension is completly revamped, and the hub pattern is now 5x114 (better fitment for baller wheels). The interior is an updated design with a new one piece center console which has more of a flow to it & people seem to like it more than previous years. The door cards are also a new design with more fabric used to trim the door card then previous models. The engine is slightly updated from what I understand, but the big difference is the gearing in the 6 speed tranny. the 05 has newer gearing which most people agree is nicer than the 04 gearing.

The 06 is the same as the 05 STi with the exception of the front end - and the tailights. The 06 has the "pig nose" front end which is the 3 piece style. The tailights are also now the "euro" style which is clear with red & amber inserts.

The 07 is the same as the 06, but the engine & tranny have been tweaked a bit more. Supposedly the 07 has better flowing heads & a few other goodies - but also a more complicated ECU which can make for more difficult tuning. The 07 also has newer gearing in the 6 speed tranny which is said to be the best gearing yet.

I know there are a few things I am missing, and some things I could have elaborated on more - but I will let others pick up where I left off.

Last edited by WKderF; 02-04-2008 at 02:48 PM.
WKderF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #13
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

good explanation fred,
Old 02-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #14
scutzi128
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6101

My Ride:
04 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKderF View Post
if this discussion is specifically about STis, hen the differences are really the 04 - 05+06 - and the 07.

The 04 is the 1st year of the US STi. it uses the same suspension as the WRX, but with different geometry for the rear. The bolt pattern for the wheels is 5x100. The interior is the traditional 02+ WRX dashoard which is a split style. The door cards are also the same as the 02-04 WRX but adds a blue suede insert over the regular seat upholstery.

In 05, the STi got a minor facelift inside, outside, and suspension wise. The headlights while still having amber inserts, have a darker chrome inside of them. the rear fenders add a trim piece to give a bit of extra dimension, the suspension is completly revamped, and the hub pattern is now 5x114 (better fitment for baller wheels). The interior is an updated design with a new one piece center console which has more of a flow to it & people seem to like it more than previous years. The door cards are also a new design with more fabric used to trim the door card then previous models. The engine is slightly updated from what I understand, but the big difference is the gearing in the 6 speed tranny. the 05 has newer gearing which most people agree is nicer than the 04 gearing.

The 06 is the same as the 05 STi with the exception of the front end - and the tailights. The 06 has the "pig nose" front end which is the 3 piece style. The tailights are also now the "euro" style which is clear with red & amber inserts.

The 07 is the same as the 06, but the engine & tranny have been tweaked a bit more. Supposedly the 07 has better flowing heads & a few other goodies - but also a more complicated ECU which can make for more difficult tuning. The 07 also has newer gearing in the 6 speed tranny which is said to be the best gearing yet.

I know there are a few things I am missing, and some things I could have elaborated on more - but I will let others pick up where I left off.
Awesome write up that basically sums it up.

Traded in for STi

Old 02-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #15
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
but basically 06-07 has the best body style

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #16
JBWRX06
Tri-State Addict

Member #3377

My Ride:
06' Wrx Stage 2

Send a message via AIM to JBWRX06
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonIS View Post
but basically 06-07 has the best body style
totally agree
Old 02-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #17
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr
The 2008 Impreza is all new and now based on the Legacy platform, so it really is totally different. All models include front, side, and front and side rear curtain airbags, Immobilizer chipped key, anti-lock brakes, power windows-locks-mirrors, a/c etc etc. The ride is significantly smoother than previous models, there is finally more back seat room, the rear seats fold flat in sedans (long overdue).
There is a 4 door sedan and 5 door wagon. List prices start at $17640 for the 2.5i sedan, $18140 for the 5 door 2.5i wagon. The optional automatic transmission is now the SportShift with manual mode. VDC (vehicle dynamics control) is available on all models except the base 2.5i. Navigation-DVD audio system is available on the 2.5i Premium and has very good resolution, tilting screen and more.
The Outback Sport 5 door wagon has standard All Weather Pkg with heated seats, heated front wiper de-icer and heated defrosting outside mirrors.
Roof Rack is now available on all models including sedan, and is quick on-off.
The WRX is available as a 4 door sedan and 5 door wagon. The ride is no longer as 'firm', it is definitely smoother and more refined. Navigation is available on top of the line model. List price for the sedan starts at $24995, wagon starts at $25495. VDC is standard on all models. The STI sedan is gone, replaced by the 5 door wagon, and is available in 3 models. List prices start at list price $35,640 with 5 spoke alloys, upgrades include a forged BBS wheel and fog light package, and Navigation is available.

New mid-year 2007 model announced: 2.5i SE sedan with upgraded stereo, moonroof, climate control
Updated August 21 with 2007 prices and features. Cars expected in August. A few new colors. STI Limited is the same price as the STI! Price drop $300 on 2.5is. Other prices remain the same. 2.5i gets storage box instead of ashtray, new gray interior trim, Outback Sport SE gets iPod auxiliary plug instead of ashtray, MP3, Sirius radio (subscription required), climate control, 240 watt CD changer, subwoofer/amp. WRX, STI get 120 watt CD changer, MP3, auxiliary input plug, Sirius radio pre-wired, leather wrapped steering wheel.
2007 STI Limited model, 800 to be produced, individually numbered, Satin White or Urban Gray, with silver 17" alloys. A small rear trunk lip spoiler and no roof vane spoiler, black painted brake calipers w/ white lettering. Other upgrades are leather heated seats, sunroof, fog lights, iPod plug, fog lights, upgraded carpeting, sound installation, darker metallic trim, auto dimming mirror/compass. STI gold or silver wheels are now color specific, see colors below

Update March 2006 Subaru Impreza is a 'gold standard among small cars' from IIHS.org, a Top Safety Pick
New front end on all models. All models now have dual stage front airbags, new tailights, center armrest, outside temperature guage, air filtration, front seatback net, and front and side airbags.
Models grow 2" to 175.8 from 173.8
WRX is available in 2 new models for a total of 3 models. New for 2005 is a base WRX TR (Tuner Ready) sedan and a WRX Limited sedan and wagon (replaces the previous Premium sedan), in addition to the standard WRX sedan and wagon.
The WRX with automatic transmission is available in Limited only.
All WRXs get new larger 2.5L engine with 230hp and Active Valves, 17" 7spoke alloys, engine immobilizer key, 4 piston front, 2 piston rear brakes with red painted calipers, Body colored side ground effects, leather steering wheel...
New for 2006 WRX Limited package finally available on sedan and wagon, includes leather (a first on the WRX), sunroof, all weather package and more
STi renamed STI (capital I) and gets new day-time running lights (DRL), lower profile hood scoop, steering wheel sensor added to improve the DCCDs response in cornering, roof-vane spoiler.
RS sedan and wagon models renamed 2.5i (like the Legacy/Outbacks) and the 2.5L horsepower is increased to 173 (from 165hp) with the addition of i-active valves.
Impreza 2.5i sedan and wagon now have 16" alloys, air filtration and either gray or beige interior.
Outback Sport continues with an optional Special Edition SE discount package with leather steering wheel and shift knob, 260 watt CD changer with subwoofer and 6 speakers, armrest, auto dimming mirror/compass and rear spoiler.

WRX gets new design 16" alloy wheels, climate control with air filtration, smoke headlight lens, new door panel armrests with power mirror controls, body colored lower trim replaces black, upgraded speakers, silver stereo CD changer, re-designed keyless remote fob, new center console with 2 cupdolders, new color.
STi gets Helical Front differential, rear wheel arch fender flares, CD changer, Immobilizer keys, new remote entry fob, new climate control buttons, new door armrests with power mirror controls, new center console
The low priced TS wagon renamed RS wagon and the RS sedan/wagon are the lowest price Subaru for 05. The RS sedan has actually dropped in price. New models: RS sedan has optional Sport Package model and Outback Sport has optional Special Edition (SE) package (late availability, August 2004?). New colors.

2004: All Imprezas get a new front end with new larger headlights, rear end and tailights, new seats, new dashboard gauges, and of course the new for US 300 hp WRX STi. WRX gets optional Premium Sedan including All Weather pkg, sunroof and spoiler. WRX available April 2003, STi in May in very limited quantities

2003: very few changes. TS gets cruise control, RS and Outback get keyless entry and dual vanity mirrors, RS gets trunk light, WRX gets illuminated ignition key ring and new limited production Sonic Yellow color. Yellow is available in both sedan and wagon, but the sedan is only available with the rear spoiler and has a separate model code. App 1,500 yellow WRXs will be made.

2002 is the first major re-design, turbo rally WRX finally availble in the US/Canada. Models available: wagons- TS, Outback Sport, and WRX turbo. Sedans- RS, and WRX turbo sedan. See spec pages for yearly changes.

1993 introduced
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
I am the snorlax, I speak for the strippers!
Vypurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #18
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonIS View Post
but basically 05ftw. has the best body style
totally.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #19
WKderF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #30

My Ride:
Taste The Beast

Send a message via AIM to WKderF
yeah - the general consensus is that the 05 STi is the best option in terms of styling & features. I myself have an 04 STi with an 05 interior conversion.
WKderF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #20
pearl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1108

My Ride:
suck it trebek

depends on who your general consensus is.