TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #1
XxGarbSxX
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #409

Send a message via AIM to XxGarbSxX
Dyno Day at Precision Dyno Tuning, May 20th

Hey there guys. I'm new to the forum and own a 99 Saturn SC2. I'm orgainizing a Dyno Day at Precision Dyno Tuning in Moorestown, NJ. I've got 6 confirmed people, 4 of which are ION Redlines, and 4 possibles, an SC2, a Neon, a Probe, and an Integra. I'm looking to get a bunch of people to go so we get a good split on the price per car. The more the merrier. Lookin to make friends and have fun w/ our cars at the same time. It's a win-win for everyone!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Date is Friday, March 20th at 9:30am, at Precision Dyno Tuning in Moorestown, NJ.

9-11 people: $65 for tuning and runs, $35 for just pulls. FLAT fee per car. You won't pay hrly. That will include as many runs as it takes to get the tune right. Up to 5 runs per car for just pulls.

12-15 people: $60 for tuning and runs, $30 for just pulls.

List of Attendees:
XxGarbSxX
Cory (good friend of mine, owns a SC2 like me)
Dave (also good friend, owns a SL2)
redlin-er (Redline forums)
D3FFXR (known as BlueBulletRL here)
SilverBulletRL (Redline forums)
Tamdara (Redline forums)
Plasticar (Saturn Motorsports forum)
Blaise (TriState Tuners forum) - Neon - tuning with VAFC2 and one cam gear - after 2pm
the mike (TriState Tuners forum) - EVO - tuning with UTEC -
TROLL (TriState Tuners forum) - WRX - tuning with UTEC - no preference on time
JasterM5 (TriState Tuners forum)

Questionable:
Blurvision (TriState Tuners forum)
Plasticar's 2 buddies

If I missed you and you're not on the list, please contact me so I can put you on this list.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:25 PM   #2
Blurvision
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #114

Send a message via AIM to Blurvision
Hey i would be in and could possibly find some friends any time after May 20th.
If you do this again or move back the date il be in. What kind of prices will there be?
thanks
-mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2001 RS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:45 PM   #3
XxGarbSxX
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #409

Actually, the date may just get pushed back a week, depending on how many people will still be able to make it. My friend w/ the SC2 won't be able to make it on the weekend of the 13th, so I'm tryin to see how many people will still be able to make it if it's pushed back a week. And how many of your friends will you be bringing?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:23 PM   #4
Blaise
Tri-State Addict

Member #304

My Ride:
station wagon

Send a message via AIM to Blaise
I'll be down, depending on how much dynotime and price.

Aslo, is it a Dynojet?
'08 Super Duke - mother of god
Old 05-02-2005, 10:58 PM   #5
bjc26
Tri-State Addict

Member #158

My Ride:
'00 Lightning

Send a message via AIM to bjc26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise

Aslo, is it a Dynojet?
It is a mustang dyno.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:03 PM   #6
Blaise
Tri-State Addict

Member #304

My Ride:
station wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjc26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise

Aslo, is it a Dynojet?
It is a mustang dyno.
Good. Wideband o2, etc?

I'm asking because naturally I am going to go to where I can get the best rate.

Still waiting on a price.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:42 PM   #7
XxGarbSxX
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #409

Ok, official date is the 20th. If you're interested, give me confirmation by 10:00AM tomorrow or you will not be included in the official count for pricing. Hoping for a good turnout guys. As of right now, Blurvision and Blaise are currently listed as questionable. I need official confirmations from you two and anyone else that is interested and going to be in attendance so I can get accurate pricing. Please PM your official confirmation.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #8
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
well i think a lot of people would be interested, depending on price. its tough to commit to something when you dont know how much it will cost. i think your best bet is to find out pricing if: 5-6 people, 7-8 people, etc etc. and then you'll get some more positive responses.
bryan

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 05-03-2005, 01:42 PM   #9
97TSi
Tri-State Addict

Member #150

Send a message via AIM to 97TSi
I don't mean to rain on the parade or anything, but if you're just looking for the best rate and a dyno w/a WB then Precision isn't the best choice. Other than being local, which is awesome. I've yet to see a dyno come close to the prices that Xotic charges. They run a Dynojet w/a sniffer WB. Keep in mind, if you don't have a bung already welded in you're gonna have to pay for that too at Precision.
FactoryRemoved.com
Old 05-03-2005, 04:20 PM   #10
IMPREZvWRX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #164

I tried to set one up @ PDT and everyone was whining about paying $50 vs. $40 at Xotic so it never happened. Xotic is far, so I'm not seeing that as a deal...gas and tolls = more than $10.

Anyway, if you're looking for numbers to brag about, prepare to be disappointed. This is a dyno made for people who aren't afraid of the truth.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:23 PM   #11
97TSi
Tri-State Addict

Member #150

Send a message via AIM to 97TSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPREZvWRX
Anyway, if you're looking for numbers to brag about, prepare to be disappointed. This is a dyno made for people who aren't afraid of the truth.
haha, so true. I love seeing the confused look on people's faces after using a dynojet then hopping on a mustang

OT: IMPREZv, know where you can buy that sticker? Your avatar. I found them once and haven't been able to since.
FactoryRemoved.com
Old 05-03-2005, 04:36 PM   #12
Blurvision

Member #114

To make a definite decision can you tell me what time were were going to meet up. It is a week day.
I can hopefully find 2-3 friends but you all know how people like to back out
-mark

2001 RS

Old 05-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #13
IMPREZvWRX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPREZvWRX
haha, so true. I love seeing the confused look on people's faces after using a dynojet then hopping on a mustang

OT: IMPREZv, know where you can buy that sticker? Your avatar. I found them once and haven't been able to since.
Yeah...well, dynos are tuning tools and aren't meant to determine whose car is faster. I'll be happier with a properly tuned car with lower numbers than one that was tuned with unrealistic loads and an exaggerated dyno chart.

I dunno where the sticker is sold...I just found the image in someone's gallery and borrowed it.

BTW...put me on the list if you get it for $50-60
Old 05-03-2005, 05:04 PM   #14
Blaise
Tri-State Addict

Member #304

My Ride:
station wagon

[this used to be an off-topic rant -TROLL]
Old 05-03-2005, 06:24 PM   #15
XxGarbSxX
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
well i think a lot of people would be interested, depending on price. its tough to commit to something when you dont know how much it will cost. i think your best bet is to find out pricing if: 5-6 people, 7-8 people, etc etc. and then you'll get some more positive responses.
bryan
You are totally right dude. I send PDT an email requesting prices in a similar manner (I asked for prices w/ 10 and 15 because I already had 4 people that were interested regardless of price and finding 5 more isnt that difficult) earlier in the week and I'm still waiting for a response. I guess I did jump a step or two in the process and will request more detailed pricing information (i.e. 7-8 people, 9-11 people, 12-15 people, run & tune vs. run only). Hey, sorry about all the unnecessary stuff. That's why I like to get big things like this planned far in advance because there is such a thing as human error. Will post pricing info when it's received.

As far as time goes, it will be around 2-3PM because I have an 11AM class and I still need to get home by like 12:30 because I live at Drexel.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:59 PM   #16
Blurvision

Member #114

Sounds good keep us updated with the prices!
Its about 2 hrs away from me but ide be willing to travel
-mark

2001 RS

Old 05-04-2005, 08:19 AM   #17
bjc26
Tri-State Addict

Member #158

My Ride:
'00 Lightning

Send a message via AIM to bjc26
[this used to be an off-topic rant -TROLL]
Old 05-04-2005, 08:44 AM   #18
Blaise
Tri-State Addict

Member #304

My Ride:
station wagon

[this was also offtopic -TROLL]
Old 05-04-2005, 06:03 PM   #19
themadhatter
Tri-State Addict

Member #402

Send a message via AIM to themadhatter
keep us posted on the rate and let me know the Zip for the location so I can figure out how far it is from me.

If it works out to be not to far from me, I'll join up but the weekend of the 20th is no good for me.

I'll be hitting up a dyno for a new baseline soon anyways, it wouldn't hurt to hit up one with a few local enthusiasts.
1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 #1687/2000
Old 05-05-2005, 12:20 AM   #20
XxGarbSxX
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #409

Well, mad hatter, it's in Moorestown, NJ, which is quite a hike from Bethlehem, PA. If you go to their "contact us" page on their site www.precisiondynotuning.com you can just put in your address and a map will be generated between the 2 places.

I haven't heard back from them about the prices yet, so I will be making a phone call tomorrow because I'm not beating around the bush. I'm not going to let this just fall through.
Closed Thread