TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
4G64T
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5290

Poor C6 Corvette Owner

Hi everyone!

MY CAR BEFORE BEING TAKEN TO CAROLINA AUTO MASTERS

After CUSTOM BODY BY CAROLINA AUTO MASTERS

Now that I have gotten your attention, I would like to share the story of my plight in getting modifications done at Carolina Auto Masters (CAM for short) in Durham, NC. In August of 2007, I purchased a pristine blown 2005 C6 Coupe. After driving it a couple of months, I decided to uprgrade my cam, add methanol injection, and have the car given a once over by JEFF CREECH who is the owner of CAM. On November 6, 2007, I drove to Durham to discuss this with Jeff, and after taking him and his crew to a local eatery, I decided to entrust him with the job. At this time, I gave him the keys and returned home. He kept me updated every couple of weeks. Finally, on November 27, Jeff contacted me and said that all of the work was completed and the car was ready for pickup. Although I was eager to get the car back, because of job responsibilities, I was unable to pick up the car until December 4, 2007. However, this was never to occur, as on November 29, Jeff contacted me and said that an employee of the shop had a "little fender bender" with my car. At this time, he said that he was in Charlotte at a track and was tuning a performance car for a race; he said he would contact me with details once he got back to Durham. The next day, he contacted me to say that the car was in poorer shape, but it could still be fixed. Subsequently, I was in contact with a large dealership body shop in Durham, and the body shop manager told me that he really did not know where to start on this car - it has about 40 to 50 thousand dollars in damage. With that said, I traveled back to Durham to assess it myself. During this time, Jeff Creech was contacted and said he would make everything right, but "...please don't post anything on any forum, as it would ruin my business." Well, I was promised everything by Jeff from making the car payment while the car info was sent to his insurance (his insurance only offered me payoff on my loan) to himself providing free labor (as long as I provide another car and buy all of the modification parts at my own expense). My only intent was to get my car back in the shape that is was prior to delivering it to Jeff Creech. Between Jeff saying "...well, I will just put a bullet in my brain.." to "...I am not a rich man and cannot provide you with another car like that...(although, he has 6 cars at my last count, including a 60 something convertible Firebird, a 2002 Z06 with a C5R racing engine, and others), I've had enough of his empty promises and hot air. To this day, I have not seen any monetary provisions from Jeff for what he and TERRY COLEY (the mechanic who wrecked my car) did to my car. Also, what is really funny is that initially Jeff denied all responsibility and said Terry took the car without his permission. After Terry said that he would provide witnesses to Jeff telling him that he could take the car for the weekend, Jeff magically changes his story.

With all of this said, I know that there are a number of you that have done business with Jeff Creech. When he was asked to why he would even think about giving someone free gratis in driving a customer's car without the owner's EXPLICIT permission, he told me that he often returns cars back to his customers with up to 500 miles put on them. I hope all of you knew this. He stated that he "..didn't want to be an a**hole" to Terry since Terry did all of the work to our car and Terry begged him to drive the car and enjoy the work that he did. I know that this is long-winded, but I hope that I can save some of you from the grief that he has put me through. By the way, Jeff's employee was also given a ticket by the NC State Trooper at the scene of the accident for "exceeding safe speed".

Here is a link to all of aftermath pictures:

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/e...naautomasters/

vette forum link...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1924211
4G64T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
scutzi128
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6101

My Ride:
04 STi

Send a message via AIM to scutzi128
**** that man can't you sue them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Traded in for STi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

best 1/4 of 13.5 threw a rod

XBL GT: Bison Lover

scutzi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #3
4G64T
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5290

not my car lol just posting, id sue the hell out of him
4G64T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
damn that sucks ass
Old 02-05-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
Lawwwwsssuuiiiitttt....

You made my daaaaayyyy!

BUY MY STUFF!

james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:05 PM   #6
NJGOAT
Tri-State Addict

Member #1583

This has been going on for a while on the Vette and LSx forums. Just so you guys understand, Jeff creech and CAM are a BIG and until this incident well respected shop. I don't really know who to compare them to in Subie land, but in the Audi world this would be comparable to AWE Tuning.

It really is a shame, but IMO the shop owner deserves everything he gets.

NJGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #7
italianblaze
Tri-State Addict

Member #2973

My Ride:
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew XLT 5.4

Send a message via AIM to italianblaze
Id sue him for more than just the car
all that time wasted and traveling back and forth
****KK THATTT

91 Laser Rs-T Build - on the back burner

italianblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #8
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
This has been going on for a while on the Vette and LSx forums. Just so you guys understand, Jeff creech and CAM are a BIG and until this incident well respected shop. I don't really know who to compare them to in Subie land, but in the Audi world this would be comparable to AWE Tuning.

It really is a shame, but IMO the shop owner deserves everything he gets.
It's all part of being a business with liabilities.

Tough break *****.

BUY MY STUFF!

james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #9
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
I am sorry, but you don't let employees take customer cars for anything, let alone "for the weekend".
Old 02-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #10
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Send a message via AIM to drew
wow, I know of CAM and cannot believe this story. Jeff should have done the smart thing and just got her a new car, did whatever the **** it took to keep this under the table. First, he's going to lose in court, and second, he's going to lose soooo much business and respect over this. I imagine since that post he's already lost enough business that he could have just written off the vette

drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #11
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
The owner/tech/mechanic/tuner has no right to drive the car anywhere, unless it is to move/tune/park it. It is not their car to drive/race/beat on....

I read of a similiar occurance happening on ClubRX7. Guy drops his FD off at the Mazda dealership to get a new clutch put in. Dealership calls the guy to say his car is acting strange. Guy goes to picks up the car later and motor has zero compression on one of the rotors and his rear tires are worn down considerably....

Apparently some techs took the car out and were beating on it and doing burnouts....
Old 02-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #12
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
oh wow.
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #13
~Brian~
Tri-State Addict

Member #1019

My Ride:
2014 Honda Accord V6, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2018 Yamaha R1

Sucks for CAM. I would be very surprised if that vette owner didn't throw a lawsuit at them. I sure as hell would.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:40 PM   #14
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

aw man that sucks. the $40k settlement to pay off the car, + labor and parts to move all the mods to a new vette, is not a good enough deal.

That doesn't cover the money that already went into paying down the vette. He should have offered original offer + the difference in msrp vs $$ owed on the loan for the original vehicle + time wasted for this person to be driving around.

He's lost way more business than that difference... I understand he may not have had that money on him... but tough. you ****ed up buddy... you gotta pay.

on a side note... every time I see a C6 I keep switching back to wanting one...
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #15
bmatyeah
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4478

My Ride:
1997 Ford Mustang

Send a message via AIM to bmatyeah
I was reading somewhere that this also happened to some guys mustang cobra at a shop but i don't remember where.
bmatyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #16
mrchariybrown
Tri-State Addict

Member #4164

My Ride:
carriages drawn by tiny asian men

Send a message via AIM to mrchariybrown
wow.. unethical business people like that just makes me furious. I hope his shop goes under.

Quote:
i was balls deep in this guy, just pounding the hell out of his ass, and out of nowhere he turns around to try and kiss me and im like "EW WTF YOU FAG"
mrchariybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #17
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post
wow.. unethical business people like that just makes me furious. I hope his shop goes under.
...just one of the many words that fit perfectly.

ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #18
__owens__
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5264

My Ride:
FC3S __ TURBO II

Send a message via AIM to __owens__
i want an update on this story ...
- But Its Soo Worth It

- 07 Kawasaki ZX6R - Two Wheels is almost better then Four
__owens__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #19
Rey The Great
Tri-State Addict

Member #3905

My Ride:
scooby

Send a message via AIM to Rey The Great
wow..that sucks.i smell a lawsuit
Old 02-05-2008, 10:01 PM   #20
den9
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1198

My Ride:
turbo diesel

Send a message via AIM to den9
wouldnt the owners insurance pay for it? id just say buy me a new car with all the stuff already on it, im not paying for the mods you did to the wrecked car, and im gonna go spend my money somewhere else
den9 is offline   Reply With Quote