TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-07-2007, 08:48 PM   #1
WRXD
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1156

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

so I borked my bumper...good local paint shops??

I accidentally backed into a snow bank in my companies unplowed parking lot today, except it wasnt a snow bank, it was an ice bank covered with a thin layer of snow.. so the drivers side corner of my rear bumper was dented in and it broke all of the pop rivets by the rear wheel well.

the good part is I was able to pop out the dents in the plastic and it doesnt look like there is any deformity, my concern is with the tiny little spider web cracks that happened when the plastic flexed. The bad part is I am assuming that eventually it will start cracking and the paint will peel. I am pretty much accepting that I will have to get the bumper repainted. So I am trying to figure out where is a good place to get it repainted and approx. how much im looking at it costing...

keep in mind I am really picky with my car so I want a quality shop that wont cut corners.
WRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

brandywine coachworks... expensive but top quality
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #3
ToTheIX's
Tri-State Addict

Member #1800

Send a message via AIM to ToTheIX's
only the west chester one though...exton has some issues with painting over dirt and whatnot that comes through the paint and starts all new probs

**** that!
ToTheIX's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

no ****? i hadnt heard that... maybe cavallos on 202
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #5
ToTheIX's
Tri-State Addict

Member #1800

cavallos ids good, but prob not interested in doing it, they do pretty much only highend insurance jobs now...the one on 202 atleast.....i know the grand sport in thorndale has a really good painter working for them.....but he also goes to west chester sometimes, also carlsons in west chester and malvern collision are pretty good.....and carney brothers in west chester...if they are still around, they used to do very good work for good prices

**** that!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:17 AM   #6
TireFire
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2630

classic coachwork in fort washington
TireFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:32 AM   #7
WRXD
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1156

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

Ive been to brandywine coachworks in exton, I thought they did a great job, they took out a bunch of hail dings for me. Never used them for paint work.

any idea on how much getting a wrx rear bumper repainted costs??

I was thinking of taking the bumper off and reinstalling it back on myself to save some cash on labor time.

two places I will never take my car
3D autobody on Boot Rd-- they did a terrible repaint job and the car actually came back with a big mysterious scratch that 'must have been there before'.

Brandywine Auto body (I think thats the name) on Poorhouse Rd.-- my sisters honda just came back from that place with bumper paint slopped all over the grill.

CarIsma overbooks their shop so much that all the cars are parked in their tiny little parking lot so close they come back with door dings.

Last edited by WRXD; 03-08-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:38 AM   #8
WRXD
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1156

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheIX's View Post
exton has some issues with painting over dirt and whatnot that comes through the paint and starts all new probs
WTF does it take to get a decent shop that doesnt **** your car up more than when it went in.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #9
ToTheIX's
Tri-State Addict

Member #1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXD View Post
WTF does it take to get a decent shop that doesnt **** your car up more than when it went in.
one that doesnt do more volume then they can handle.....thats the biggest prob with the exton brandywine coachworks and 3d...theyre cars get prepped for paint and then pulled outside while another is prepped...and then they pull it back in and paint it later, so by then the prep they did is worthless and you get all the little pieces of crap under your paint

**** that!