TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #21
856jersey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #11382

My Ride:
81 VW Rabbit Pickup & 91 MX-5 Special Edition

Nice ass ;)
856jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:57 PM   #22
gregonfire
Tri-State Addict

Member #22092

My Ride:
'10 wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 856jersey View Post
Nice ass ;)
Thanks man

Yeah, it's pretty nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
gregonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #23
atenzany62
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7684

My Ride:
02 WRX

great mods so far nice wrx, seeing the snow pics makes me miss my 2 subies i had =(
06 Mazda6s, 02 WRX, 95 Impreza WRXL, 05 SRT-4, 94 Stealth RT turbo, 95 3000GT VR4, 02 Q45 sport, 04 S2000, 04 Z4 3.0i, 03 350Z Touring, 98 Accord coupe, 02 Mini Cooper S, 16 Audi S3, 03 Elantra, 00 Eclipse GT, 18 Elantra Sport, 07 Accord LX, 19 Stinger GT1, 23 BMW M240i, 18 Corolla LE
atenzany62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #24
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

That looks really good, youre making me want a hatch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #25
gregonfire
Tri-State Addict

Member #22092

My Ride:
'10 wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by atenzany62 View Post
great mods so far nice wrx, seeing the snow pics makes me miss my 2 subies i had =(
Thanks for the kind words man. You should get back into a subie! You won't regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipman View Post
That looks really good, youre making me want a hatch
Thanks a lot dude. Yeah, the hatches are nice. What sold me was the LED tail lights and the way the body flows with the wing. The sedan is nice, especially the '11s, but I still prefer the hatch

Old 11-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #26
gregonfire
Tri-State Addict

Member #22092

My Ride:
'10 wrx

Snapped a quick picture on my way to class. I really liked the way it looked with the sun hitting it after the wax.

Thinking about debadging the front wrx logo and getting a couple hella horns to make the front look more aggressive. What does everyone think?

Old 11-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #27
eightplustwo
Tri-State Addict

Member #18292

My Ride:
08 WRX sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregonfire View Post
Snapped a quick picture on my way to class. I really liked the way it looked with the sun hitting it after the wax.

Thinking about debadging the front wrx logo and getting a couple hella horns to make the front look more aggressive. What does everyone think?

Looks good! I have the sport grill so no WRX badge up front. I thought about putting it on, but kind of like it without. I think it looks cleaner.

I had Hellas on my wagon...they are LOUD! But they were a lot of fun. Scared the daylights out of people when I'd arm/unarm the alarm. I should have taken them off before I got rid of it. Dammit. But yeah go for it, can always paint/powdercoat too to have them match.
eightplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #28
gregonfire
Tri-State Addict

Member #22092

My Ride:
'10 wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightplustwo View Post
Looks good! I have the sport grill so no WRX badge up front. I thought about putting it on, but kind of like it without. I think it looks cleaner.

I had Hellas on my wagon...they are LOUD! But they were a lot of fun. Scared the daylights out of people when I'd arm/unarm the alarm. I should have taken them off before I got rid of it. Dammit. But yeah go for it, can always paint/powdercoat too to have them match.
Yeah, there's a guy on nasioc with my grill debadged and I like the look.

The Hellas are loud as **** dude! Were they a pain to install? I will most likely keep them red, as it will go with the interior's red accents.

I'm going to respond to your PM when I get home, it's a pain trying to do it from my phone haha.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #29
eightplustwo
Tri-State Addict

Member #18292

My Ride:
08 WRX sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregonfire View Post
Yeah, there's a guy on nasioc with my grill debadged and I like the look.

The Hellas are loud as **** dude! Were they a pain to install? I will most likely keep them red, as it will go with the interior's red accents.

I'm going to respond to your PM when I get home, it's a pain trying to do it from my phone haha.
No worries!

Debadge that b*tch and let's see how it looks!

Hellas are easy -- I made a mounting bracket from some aluminum bar I got at Lowe's and mounted to a radiator support bolt. Then run the two positives and two negatives together and vampire-clamped to the stock horn harness. Make sure to unplus stock horns or you'll hear both. People also run them with a relay but honestly I had no problems with mine just tapping into stock horn wiring. I also hit the terminals with a healthy coating dielectric grease just b/c they get exposed to the elements, especially in Dirtee Jerzee!
Old 11-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #30
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

I like it with the badge, I like it even better now that you blacked out that chrome part, but that pic looks nice as hell

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #31
caldwell
Tri-State Addict

Member #8072

My Ride:
2012 Dodge Ram

i have to say, i personally like the grille badge...
Old 11-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #32
gregonfire
Tri-State Addict

Member #22092

My Ride:
'10 wrx

Quote:
No worries!

Debadge that b*tch and let's see how it looks!

Hellas are easy -- I made a mounting bracket from some aluminum bar I got at Lowe's and mounted to a radiator support bolt. Then run the two positives and two negatives together and vampire-clamped to the stock horn harness. Make sure to unplus stock horns or you'll hear both. People also run them with a relay but honestly I had no problems with mine just tapping into stock horn wiring. I also hit the terminals with a healthy coating dielectric grease just b/c they get exposed to the elements, especially in Dirtee Jerzee!
Awesome! Thanks. I'll probably need help when I get around to doing it, so stay tuned I may be in touch haha. Wiring was never my thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipman View Post
I like it with the badge, I like it even better now that you blacked out that chrome part, but that pic looks nice as hell
That was never chrome, it was a dark grey color. I've had it painted for about a year now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldwell View Post
i have to say, i personally like the grille badge...
Here's a picture that may change your mind about the badge in the front:

Picture belongs to Jonnylin1 from NASIOC.

Now, just imagine a couple red Hellas underneath the grill now

Old 11-29-2011, 02:17 AM   #33
caldwell
Tri-State Addict

Member #8072

My Ride:
2012 Dodge Ram

debadge lol... yea it looks better then i thought...
Old 11-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #34
eightplustwo
Tri-State Addict

Member #18292

My Ride:
08 WRX sedan

HAHA dude its easy, you've done much harder installs on your car. But yeah let me know if you have any ?'s. Its not much wiring. You can save yourself some time by doing the wiring before you put them in. Like I said just connect both positive's together with a some extra wire, and same for negative. The stock horn is right here so you don't need much. And use connectors to fit the terminals on the horns, will be easier.

Oh and paint the bracket you make from alu bar black...stealth! Tidy things up by using zip-ties to keep wires behind the bracket and you're golden. You should only need to pull the grill off.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #35
jesse096
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17203

My Ride:
2002 Chevy Silverado, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6 speed

Car looks amazing so far!

-Jesse
a ****ing space ship. next level transportation maneuver. **** 4 wheels son, im airborne.
Quote:
So, chinese food sprinkled with crack.... does that make you hungrier quicker bc you'll be tweaking from crack sprinkles? lol.
jesse096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:57 PM   #36
856jersey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #11382

My Ride:
81 VW Rabbit Pickup & 91 MX-5 Special Edition

Get hella horns already fool
856jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #37
vdcoff
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6984

My Ride:
2011 Impreza WRX Ltd / 2012 Yamaha FZ8

Yo nice car man, check out my member journal for pictures of my hella supertones install. I took off my front bumper for me car which made it so much easier. I then removed both stock horns and drilled two holes into the radiator support bracket evenly spaced apart so the hella's were symmetrical under the grill. I had the horn grills powder coated candy blue tiger from bonehead performance. And I just extended the wire from each horn to each hella supertone, and then grounded the supertones to their own mounting location, voila!

Now they are loud how I have them hooked up, but I have heard if you use the relay they are even louder, so I might re-wire them to be louder, now sure yet. Here is a quick picture of what it looks like completed...

vdcoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #38
gregonfire
Tri-State Addict

Member #22092

My Ride:
'10 wrx

Quote:
HAHA dude its easy, you've done much harder installs on your car. But yeah let me know if you have any ?'s. Its not much wiring. You can save yourself some time by doing the wiring before you put them in. Like I said just connect both positive's together with a some extra wire, and same for negative. The stock horn is right here so you don't need much. And use connectors to fit the terminals on the horns, will be easier.

Oh and paint the bracket you make from alu bar black...stealth! Tidy things up by using zip-ties to keep wires behind the bracket and you're golden. You should only need to pull the grill off.
Thanks for the info and ideas. Like I said though, wiring isn't my thing, so I may need some assistance haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse096 View Post
Car looks amazing so far!

-Jesse
Hey man, thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 856jersey View Post
Get hella horns already fool
It's in the works dude! -___- haha

Old 11-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #39
gregonfire
Tri-State Addict

Member #22092

My Ride:
'10 wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdcoff View Post
Yo nice car man, check out my member journal for pictures of my hella supertones install. I took off my front bumper for me car which made it so much easier. I then removed both stock horns and drilled two holes into the radiator support bracket evenly spaced apart so the hella's were symmetrical under the grill. I had the horn grills powder coated candy blue tiger from bonehead performance. And I just extended the wire from each horn to each hella supertone, and then grounded the supertones to their own mounting location, voila!

Now they are loud how I have them hooked up, but I have heard if you use the relay they are even louder, so I might re-wire them to be louder, now sure yet. Here is a quick picture of what it looks like completed...
Thanks for all the information about the install. When I get around to doing it I may need some more info from you. I thought about using the radiator support, but wasn't sure if drilling into it was a good idea. Did you take any pictures when you had the bumper off? No problems with not using the relay? It seems like a PITA to use it vs just wiring into the stock horn wiring like you and eightplustwo did.

Your car and build looks great so far, definitely love the wheels. I saw you were thinking of powdercoating them. You should try a bronze color - I love bronze on black. Not gold though! Or, look up hyper silver as a Rota color. That would look sick as well

Thanks again for the info and pic!

Old 11-30-2011, 12:53 AM   #40
gregonfire
Tri-State Addict

Member #22092

My Ride:
'10 wrx

Updated the Fifth Post on the First Page with more modding history up to the present! From now on I'll be updating on the most current page and will update the mod list in the first post as I go.

Last edited by gregonfire; 11-30-2011 at 12:56 AM.