TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #21
one8turbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6018

My Ride:
'11 wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by keff108 View Post
RyanG.... What are the rates for custom tunes?

Another thing with a custom tune is I am def not done doing motor work to the car just yet. I dont see the benefits of a custom tune when I would need to go back and get another custom tune after every installed part. I know you know your stuff on wry/sti's and would appreciate your advice. I already had plans of getting a protune but not until later down the road when I'm pretty much done with my motor work.
You're never "done".
Old 05-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #22
keff108
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #12725

My Ride:
13 WRX Hatch

Didnt realize how long its been since I last updated this. Sorry Im never good at keeping these up to date. Alot has changed IMO nothing super crazy but still absolutely love having the car. Well lets go back to kinda where we left off. Was looking to get my downpipe installed but needed the adapter for the stock cat back. So I went ahead and ordered that from the guys @ RSD meanwhile waiting for that to arrive I found a good deal on the Q300 catback over in NJ which I couldnt pass up so I picked that up and installed that with the downpipe. Huge difference in the car. After that was alot of looking around at what to do next and just enjoying stage 2. Ran into a few problems with overboosting and was talking to Eric @ TP about trying to fix it. While attempting to tune the boost issues out I ordered an A pillar pod from the guys at JCS pods and ordered a Defi boost gauge from Import Image Racing. While talking with Eric he told me the only real way to completely solve the boost problems would be to go with an EWG setup. I thought about it for a week and went ahead an ordered the Grimmspeed up pipe with Tial 38mm EWG from Import Image. I just got that installed by the guys at FAST of WC earlier this week and wow what a change. The sound is amazing and the boost control seems to be right on point. Im very happy with the setup right now. I might look into getting an Manual boost controller to go with my EBCS for a hybrid setup that alot of guys seem to run. Other then that next up looks to be an Intercooler and a BPV. If anyone has any recommendations im open to hear it. Well thats all for now. Sorry for the long post and bad pictures Ill get some more soon.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #23
jcr557
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7777

My Ride:
Fiesta ST, Subaru WRX

Send a message via AIM to jcr557
How is the Q300?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
jcr557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #24
xarchiex
Tri-State Addict

Member #13852

My Ride:
04 subaru sti,06 zx-6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
How is the Q300?
I can give an opinion on that. We have the Q300 on my GF forester xt and I like it. It's nice to cruise and not too loud but when wanna get on it alittle it opens right up and can hear that boxer rumble.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
xarchiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #25
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Car looks great man, super clean

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #26
jcr557
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7777

My Ride:
Fiesta ST, Subaru WRX

Send a message via AIM to jcr557
Hey man, you think we can meet up sometime? I wanna hear your exhaust in person before buying one.

jcr557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #27
keff108
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #12725

My Ride:
13 WRX Hatch

jcr557 I will PM you

I guess I might as well update this with some new stuff going on with the car. Had it up at R/T Tuning yesterday for a Protune and I cannot speak highly enough of those guys. They did a great job and got it in before I leave for OCMD. They really do a great job up there and I will definitely be bringing my car back when ever I need more work done.

Heres a link to dyno video from yesterday. I tried embedding it but had no luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLqbkFAVaVw
Old 09-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #28
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

It was our pleasure having you in Tom. Stop back anytime.
Erik@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote