TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #41
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi Limited, 1969 Z/28 Camaro

Oh man.. this thread makes me confused.

You McNabb bashers do realize that he over threw only two passes, the rest of the incompletes were right on the money and dropped by the receivers? Donovan looks good, his legs are back and his shoulder is strong.. he will be fine.. relax.. worry more about the guys CATCHING the ball.
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #42
[sr20]sean
Tri-State Addict

Member #6383

My Ride:
96 nissan 200sx se-r, 89 nissan 240sx hatch

Send a message via AIM to [sr20]sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgjacki View Post
I'm sorry, it's August 28th. That's what I said in the first place, and my mom was like, "No, it's next week."
LOL
the last preseason week.
washington tomorrow and giants next week
then we get to kick phillys ass

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
*disclaimer* It was a joke. I don't use condoms. That's what coat hangers at the bottom of staircases are for.
[sr20]sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #43
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
Oh man.. this thread makes me confused.

You McNabb bashers do realize that he over threw only two passes, the rest of the incompletes were right on the money and dropped by the receivers? Donovan looks good, his legs are back and his shoulder is strong.. he will be fine.. relax.. worry more about the guys CATCHING the ball.
Yep yep. I agree that McNabb looks good so far. I'm really liking what I've seen so far from Jackson too. I think he'll turn out to be a good receiver this year.

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #44
KingOfDelco
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #8058

My Ride:
'05 Scion Coupe

When hasn't McNabb looked good in PRE-SEASON? Its when the pressure's on that he can't make decisions and chokes (or vomits). We all just need to accept that the primary reason we ever even made it to the superbowl was not Donovan, Not Andy... you guessed it.. T.O! Besides actually SCORING points himself, he took pressure off EVERYONE else on the offense, especially don. All don had to do was complete a 5 yard pass, and T.O could score on it, or at least bust a big gain.

He also opened the field up for B West.

If D Jackson can have the same effect, they could have a more productive offensive season that last year... however, i still see their weak interior front 7 as being the primary factor for their HORRIBLY showings the last 2-3 seasons. I'm not sold on S Bradley Chris Gocong and O Gaither.. And their platoon of 6' 300lb D tackles is just gonna get pushed right off the ball every play again.

Andy's system fails. I'm predicting last place in the division again... though i hope i'm wrong.
KingOfDelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #45
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfDelco View Post
omg. stats like that are MEANINGLESS. FYI- he also has more playoff LOSSES than any other coach in eagles history. And according to the link below, you're wrong anyway. he has AS MANY wins as the previous coaches combined.
OK sorry. He has as many wins as all of the other Eagles teams in the 65 previous years before him. Also, he's been in the playoffs half of his 10 years, and 25% of the Eagles playoff appearances since the beginning were under Andy Reid.

Quote:
1st half of his tenure was 50% attributable to Ray Rhodes.
Who was 3 and 13 in his last year here.

Quote:
2nd half of his tenure (since teh Super Bowl) the bird are teh worst team in their division.
True. But there were so many variables in those years, that you cannot put all of those losses on the head coach.

Quote:
No other coaches were here long enough to amass the number of playoff wins he has.
True, but you would have to agree that he's one of the best coaches this town has seen. Right?

Quote:
And I believe I share the same opinion as many die-hard eagles fans... I would trade ALL those playoff wins for 1 super bowl champ.
I want a Super Bowl too. Really bad. I wouldn't however want to have a 3 and 13 or 4 and 12 team every year. I enjoy watching my team winning games.

Quote:
Playoff wins sell tickets, aka. good for ownership/management.

Super bowl Wins make fans happy.
So I guess you aren't happy when the Eagles get into the playoffs.

Quote:
2nd place is the 1st loser. Philly is the best city in the country, and we deserve a team that represents that.
Agree 100%.

Wait, did I just agree with you?

Quote:
There is no way you can say we wouldn't have won just as many playoff games with Jon Gruden or any other coach at the helm. Andy's only claim to fame is being an assistant to Holmgren w/ the packers... he doesn't have a "track record".
The personell would be completely different under any other head coach, so you can't make that comparison. Every coach has a different style, and Andy Reid's style wins games. Even though there's no Super Bowl, you can't take away the success he's had here as a coach.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:16 PM   #46
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:
2018 CX-5 GT Premium, 2018 Honda Grom

Send a message via AIM to omgjacki Send a message via Yahoo to omgjacki
Thank God I'm a defense fan.

Last edited by omgjacki; 08-15-2008 at 05:22 PM.
omgjacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:21 PM   #47
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Send a message via AIM to EvlEgl
Wow thats alot of King of Delco quoting going on there...Almost makes my brain hurt.
EvlEgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #48
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi Limited, 1969 Z/28 Camaro

Quote:
When hasn't McNabb looked good in PRE-SEASON? Its when the pressure's on that he can't make decisions and chokes (or vomits). We all just need to accept that the primary reason we ever even made it to the superbowl was not Donovan, Not Andy... you guessed it.. T.O! Besides actually SCORING points himself, he took pressure off EVERYONE else on the offense, especially don. All don had to do was complete a 5 yard pass, and T.O could score on it, or at least bust a big gain.

He also opened the field up for B West.

If D Jackson can have the same effect, they could have a more productive offensive season that last year... however, i still see their weak interior front 7 as being the primary factor for their HORRIBLY showings the last 2-3 seasons. I'm not sold on S Bradley Chris Gocong and O Gaither.. And their platoon of 6' 300lb D tackles is just gonna get pushed right off the ball every play again.

Andy's system fails. I'm predicting last place in the division again... though i hope i'm wrong.
Correct me if I'm wrong but.. T.O. didn't play in any of the play off games before the Superbowl. Yes he is a big reason for a good season, but is he the only reason? No. Westbrook, points scoring defense (which we have lacked the past two years), a healthy Donovan and a lot of luck all helped.

And Andy's system fails? Do you realize that last year they lost to the Packers (who got to the NFC championship game) by not having a good punt/kick off returner in tact, and lost to the Giants (Superbowl winners) by missing a field goal? And if it wasn't for A.J. Feeley being A.J. Feeley.. and having a healthy McNabb.. we would have beaten the Patriots. The Eagles could have easily been 10-6 or 11-5 last year.

Andy's system is a good system, it is getting old and getting known.. it's getting stale, he needs to re-vamp it.. which it seems like he has from the reports I've heard from training camp. You think they're going to show all of their play book in pre-season? Just wait.. it's going to be a great offensive year.
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #49
KingOfDelco
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #8058

My Ride:
'05 Scion Coupe

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but.. T.O. didn't play in any of the play off games before the Superbowl. Yes he is a big reason for a good season, but is he the only reason? No. Westbrook, points scoring defense (which we have lacked the past two years), a healthy Donovan and a lot of luck all helped.
No, you are correct. TO wasn't the ONLY factor, but the determining factor. He was the VARIABLE between not making the bowl, and making it. His 1 season here was BY FAR both DOn's and the Birds most productive EVER.

and fyi, Jeff Garcia (and AJ feely too, right? was responsible for at least a couple of the Eagles playoff wins the last few years. Don hasn't won a playoff game in how long???

Westbrook (not Mcnabb) has carried the birds since his arrival. If anyone, he deserves teh credit, not donovan or reid.

Quote:
And Andy's system fails? Do you realize that last year they lost to the Packers (who got to the NFC championship game) by not having a good punt/kick off returner in tact, and lost to the Giants (Superbowl winners) by missing a field goal? And if it wasn't for A.J. Feeley being A.J. Feeley.. and having a healthy McNabb.. we would have beaten the Patriots. The Eagles could have easily been 10-6 or 11-5 last year.
A loss is a loss. If andy had better talent at SKILL POSITIONS on the team (instead of Jeremy bloom, reno mahe, Jr Reed, etc..) then we never would have been in those positions.

Quote:
Andy's system is a good system, it is getting old and getting known.. it's getting stale, he needs to re-vamp it.. which it seems like he has from the reports I've heard from training camp. You think they're going to show all of their play book in pre-season? Just wait.. it's going to be a great offensive year.
Andy's system WAS a good system... before the rest of the league figured it out and adapted... Its not a true west coast offense, and it is CERTAInLY not suited to McNabbs skills set.

They actually have a crew of decent receivers now, so Don has no more excuses.

What i hate is: When the Eagles do well, its thanks to Andy and Donovan...but when they suck (as they have since the superbowl...ITS EVERY EXCEPT DONOVAN AND ANDY'S FAULT.

Thats the hypocrisy that drives me crazy. No, Andy is not a "bad" coach. But he is no better than Tom Coughlin or any other coach in the division at this point.

He is not a great game day coach...hence we lose a lot of games we should win, and it always comes down to the last drive in the 4th quarter. His gameplans are well designed, but his playcalling sucks.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #50
[sr20]sean
Tri-State Addict

Member #6383

My Ride:

enjoy my sig jacki!
you will have something like it in your sig in the next 2 weeks

Quote:
*disclaimer* It was a joke. I don't use condoms. That's what coat hangers at the bottom of staircases are for.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #51
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:

LOL okay, we'll see.
I'm excited to see how this turns out.

And fix that! It's waaaay too bright. Make it: [COLOR="Green"]. It's more fitting for the Jets. And use the right capitalization. It's annoying me.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #52
[sr20]sean
Tri-State Addict

Member #6383

My Ride:

HA! in that case im leaving everything how it is
you really should get over yourself
you may be hot but your team sucks

Quote:
Old 08-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #53
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:

Haha say what you will but they're still my boys.
I'm a fan no matter how bad they suck.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:35 PM   #54
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:

I'll come back to you on that.

Official 2008 Schedule
9/7 vs. St. Louis Rams 1:00 PM
9/15 @ Dallas Cowboys 8:30 PM
9/21 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 4:15 PM
9/28 @ Chicago Bears 8:15 PM
10/5 vs. Washington Redskins 1:00 PM
10/12 @ San Francisco 49ers 4:15 PM
BYE
10/26 vs. Atlanta Falcons 1:00 PM
11/2 @ Seattle Seahawks 4:15 PM
11/9 vs. New York Giants 8:15 PM
11/16 @ Cincinati Bengals 1:00 PM
11/23 @ Baltimore Ravens 1:00 PM
11/27 vs. Arizona Cardinals 8:00 PM
12/7 @ New York Giants 1:00 PM
12/15 vs. Cleveland Browns 8:30 PM
12/21 @ Washington Redskins 1:00 PM
12/28 vs. Dallas Cowboys 1:00 PM

Last edited by omgjacki; 08-19-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: typo
omgjacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:31 PM   #55
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Ok everyone. Don't muck up my thread.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:59 PM   #56
[sr20]sean
Tri-State Addict

Member #6383

My Ride:

my bad

jacki you know that your team is gonna lose to mine
so i dont see why you dont just do you half the the bet now

Quote:
Old 08-19-2008, 03:43 PM   #57
KingOfDelco
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #8058

My Ride:
'05 Scion Coupe

man, what have the Jets done to even be mentioned in this thread??? they've just sucked forever.... I am hard on the Eagles, and they've actually made the playoffs this millenium.

Start a "Jets Thread". see how much interest u get.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #58
KingOfDelco
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #8058

My Ride:
'05 Scion Coupe

actually, i'm very critical of the eagles, well, not the players, but the owners, Andy reid, and to an extent, McNabb..though its not his fault hes not a good fit for our system.

haha, "hard on the eagles"... i get it now.. not funny, but very perceptive.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #59
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Send a message via AIM to SpEcRv9
Quote:
man, what have the Jets done to even be mentioned in this thread??? they've just sucked forever.... I am hard on the Eagles, and they've actually made the playoffs this millenium.

Start a "Jets Thread". see how much interest u get.
for once i agree....the jets have been and are way worse than the eagles...the only reason you guys have hope this season is because of #4...
Old 08-19-2008, 04:21 PM   #60
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 View Post
the jets have been and are way worse than the eagles
Truth.