TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #21
wrxbert
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #985

My Ride:
06 wrx, wingless

Send a message via AIM to wrxbert
I'm into cycling....i road bike and occasionally mt bike. I worked at bernie's bike shop in hamilton, nj for about 6 years on and off. I think a group ride would be great...i'm down let me know when. I also have a repair stand and just about every bike tool needed if anyone needs free service....
Old 05-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #22
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
well my bike seems to be good but if anyone wants to check it out just for run to make sure things all look within spec, be my guest

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:48 AM   #23
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

Well, did you ride yet????? I can check it out, and demonstrate how to repair and adjust stuff. I'm a little behind on technology, but it should be easy to figure out. Building them is almost as fun as riding.
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:49 AM   #24
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

yeah it seems like building a bike would be fun... ya know, thats the mechanic in me.
i rode it around one short city block yesterday before i bought it, i think i'll go for a ride now though
mike, i came across a 59cm Bianchi that looked really nice for $500 on Craigslist last night... too small?

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 05-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #25
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:

I will talk to Bob at Guy's this week....gotta open his pool. I'll see what he has for big frames. My biggest concern is always frame strength due to my weight. Taller frames have alot more flex...when I start pushing uphill, there is enough flex to push the wheel into the brakes. The more I push, the more resistance from the brakes. Back when I rode every day, I fatigued 3 Raleigh frames under their 'lifetime warranty'. They wouldn't warranty the fourth one which is permanently on my trainer.
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
Old 05-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #26
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Bianchi frames are steel

Ok going for a ride for real now... but not a long one cause i got family stuff to do today...

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-13-2007, 10:46 AM   #27
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

im surprised ron hasnt responded in this... i believe he was semi-pro or pro...
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:49 AM   #28
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

went for a ride this morning... maybe 4-5 miles... i can already feel the soreness when i walk up and down my stairs.
took a couple shots when i got back. just a simple super clean looking setup. i am going to get a wireless cycle computer and a water bottle for sure! maybe a saddlebag to hold an emergency kit too. i will be getting a cf seatpost as well from the guy i bought the bike from... he 'forgot' to include it.

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-13-2007, 05:21 PM   #29
Bobert540
Tri-State Addict

Member #637

My Ride:
2013 WRX Limited Hatch, 2006 WRX Limited Wagon (SOLD), 2001 2.5RS Sedan (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to Bobert540
Nice bike...sounds like you got a good deal!
Bobert540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:15 PM   #30
3POINTONE4
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #396

Send a message via AIM to 3POINTONE4
fyi, bikes look cooler in pics when the chain is on the largest chainring on the crank, and smallest in the rear n00b!

i thought about your bike all day... i was wondering if there was a way i could have told you it was a crappy deal, then went back later and bought it and was able to hide it from you... i probably could have.

dammit... you're fired!

3POINTONE4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:22 PM   #31
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

haha... thanks for being continually excited for me, helps me to think i made a good decision here. you know that Giant is still FS and sounds sweet... you could always pick that up

i wanted to ask you a question today but didnt want to interrupt mothers day things...
the pics advertised the bike as having a cf seat post, i didnt notice while we were there getting it but i did when i got home... so i emailed him. he basically said "woops those pics are old and i forgot i swapped it out. you can have the cf seatpost but the only problem is the bolt that attaches the seat to it is stripped (stuck on) and the seat on there is kind of worn."
so basically it sounds like he said he'd swap with me, and that the cf one is on his IRO frame right now (so it cant be that bad!). i think i'd likle to swap and i'll deal with the more worn seat / stripped bolt when i need to. i would like to have a 'stock' bike (not downgraded) and of course the CF would be better with vibration as well as look mad jdm yo!
agree? disagree?
man i want to ride again tonight but i think right now my body can only handle once a day.

edit: and thanks for the tip on the photography! how do guys get their bikes to stand up in a nice place? i used a box for a gauge pod and i was scared the thing was going to tip over...

|

Quote:

|

Last edited by TROLL; 05-13-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:36 PM   #32
3POINTONE4

Member #396

i am half tempted to send that guy with the giant a message and offer him $200, haha... other than that... i'd rather have those deep v rims on my fixie!

yeah i didnt notice the cf post on his IRO but i did notice it had a specialized saddle... didnt even put two and two together. it's worth getting from him... i am sure some ingenius person can get the bolt out, then you can just get a new one. go to BCBC and get one. does he want the seat that you have back in return?

people use all kinds of stuff to prop them up... soda cans, cell phones, etc. if you really spend some time on www.fixedgeargallery.com you can probably see some cool ideas.

and dont worry, soon enough, you will be cranking out 10miles without even blinking. sunday is my 30 miler... wanna tag along??

Old 05-13-2007, 10:38 PM   #33
3POINTONE4

Member #396

ps. let's do a bike shoot... i wanna get my shiz up on fixed gear gallery!!

Old 05-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #34
wrxbert
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #985

My Ride:
06 wrx, wingless

Send a message via AIM to wrxbert
troll, consider getting a "fit" done...talk to bob or bill at guys or call bernie's and ask for ed. Also if you are serious i'd consider getting clipless pedals....the new look keo's are pretty nice pedals imo.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:26 AM   #35
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
I was into cycling a lot back in college I haven't been on my bike since then. But not having someone to ride with has also kept me away from it. i'd need to get some new tires and give it a good look over to make sure it's in running order, but we can def hit up a nice ride.

I think a computer is a must. As well as a very good fitting helmet, bike shorts (as ghey as they are, they save your @ss!!) and some gloves. I like camel backs but don't have one. But I would reccomend one.

your bike looks great though!
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:17 AM   #36
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Before I graduated high school I was riding 20-30 miles a day on the weekends. But it's been such a long time since I've ridden. I just went and started pricing a new rear wheel for my bike, I want to get the bike back into shape and start riding again. It's good exercise, but it's also really relaxing depnding on where you can ride.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:36 AM   #37
C'DALERIDER
Tri-State Addict

Member #1064

My Ride:
'04WRX,'06STI;WRBX2,850awhp

Great idea and find. Nothing beats going fast on a bicycle. Nothing!
Imup for a road or MTB ride. Get it together or ilget something going if you like.

I have ALOT of miles on my legs. Ive been on many teams and usualy place high in competition and have raced with many very very good riders. Tuesday nights at the NE airport if you want to get your feet wet, but i can gaurantee you will only last afew laps once things heat up. The airport ride has the state 40+ champ-Joe Menachio, state 50+ champ-Bob khel (both good friends and great riders), the NJ state Time Trial champ and Road racing champ-Shawn R(very good friend and training partner), the PA state expert mountain bike champ Pat W (i started riding with him in early 90's) and the remaining guys road and mt bike team and other GREAT riders.
Also, Tuesday night Philly drive rides are very fast! Just a pace line going balls out, 28-34 mph (average 28 easy, going across the falls bridge and front of art museum drops the average alot). This ride use to feature the Bicycle Therapy team who dominated road racing in the tri state for along time (still a great bike shop and the owner drives and races a WRX!!!!-Hint hint) and this team had riders who went on to place in the major national races (scott Z). This ride now has the Cadence and Human Zoom teams battling alot, including a former teammate of Armstrong and olympic participant-Brian Walton.
Thursday nights at Great Valley is filled with a highly talented group. Usualy about 6-7 get away. These are the best riders in the state. Trey, Kincade, Wamsli and younge guns from TSV(team snow valley)....etc! I have laped the main field with these guys. Fast.
Also, thurday at Green tree road in NJ is a fast fun ride and usualy have the best Jersey riders there.

This area is a biking mecca! Seriously. Hell, Floyd Landis (TDFrance winner) is from Lancast (use to ride to the MTB races, destroy us all and ride home another 40-90 miles!!), Bobby Julich now lives in Philly area (riden with him on group rides, GREAT guy).

Expert mt bike, best is 2nd place at the guys racing neshaminy course but usualy about alittle better than mid pack in expert field, cat 1-2-3 road racing depends on the course but if it is a crit, im there for the finish.

Sorry for the long post. I like riding.
The wheel in front of me twitches and pulses with enormous energy as it tries desperately to pull away from my gasping breaths. My legs ache, the pain beginning deep, unbelievably deep, slowly creeping up through the layers of my consciousness, finally reaching the threshold where my struggle to ignore it is overcome and it comes gushing out in great spasms.
C'DALERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:35 PM   #38
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

last minute notice for the Philly Pretzel Run tonight... it'll be my first but from what I'm told everyone meets at the Art Museum at 11:30 and hangs out for a short while, then blasts through the city in one big caravan to a pretzel factory for fresh out of the oven pretzels at midnight.
I'm going with 3pointone4... anyone else is welcome. If I can I'll take some photos and post them up, but we'll see if I can manage the bike and the camera both.

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-15-2007, 11:02 PM   #39
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:

If I didn't have to work tomorrow.......
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
Old 05-16-2007, 11:15 AM   #40
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

we got down there in time to put our wheels on as the pack was passing us by, and were about a minute behind the ride the entire time, buuuut it was a fun ride nonetheless, and the pretzels were hot enough to pretty much burn my hand, and it was totally fun. dont get the cheese sauce, its not very good.
but yeah, hung out on the art museum steps after the pretzels for a while, and it was just super cool. i'm totally digging how the bike gives me an excuse to get out to do nothing in particular really.

|

Quote:

|