TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #61
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:
BMW E60 M5 V10 6 Speed --- Ducati Monster 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2bG60 View Post
Id be so down for a meet like this.. I acutally know of a good spot. Everyone is so far from me.
But theres middle creek wildlife preservitory, If you hike striaght up the mountain that seglock is on, you end up at a burnt down house that hasnt been touched in years. its a long hike all uphill. Once you get up there , theres really only a couple ways in the house and one invovles to swim under the one basment wall. place is really creepy at night, and the house is so rotted. Theres 2 other houses close that no one ever goes too, the one is a abanoned house, and again it looks like the people just up and left. I was only in it once, its huge, still had all the furniture and stuff in it. and one other house way off to the left of this one which was also burnt and supposily a few people died there. nice thing is, theres no way a cop can get there because it litterly is a 3 hour hike to the house, and another 30 minutes to the other two. No roads close within miles.
Lol... Its cool, but a burnt house is a little lack luster for me. I want to explore so abandoned buildings that are actually cool with neat stuff inside...

I'm down to show everyone the naval testing center in Ewing NJ. There are huge metal chambers that the tested jet engines in and its huge.. The 4 buildings will take about 2 hours or so... Its close to a main road so you just have to park and run through the hole in the gate before you attract attention...
Vr-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #62
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vr-4-Life View Post
Lol... Its cool, but a burnt house is a little lack luster for me. I want to explore so abandoned buildings that are actually cool with neat stuff inside...

I'm down to show everyone the naval testing center in Ewing NJ. There are huge metal chambers that the tested jet engines in and its huge.. The 4 buildings will take about 2 hours or so... Its close to a main road so you just have to park and run through the hole in the gate before you attract attention...
Heard about it, but still have never made it out there. I'm in.

ScubaSteve, I'd be down to go again, but I walked past it last night and my "entrance" has been sealed off since the last time I was there. I'll have to do a little more looking arround before I'd be able to get back in.

What you've heard is correct, it's basically gutted, and there is occasionally people in there doing work, but alot of it is still intact and it's really a great location.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #63
rista
Tri-State Addict

Member #2582

My Ride:
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy's Edition

Centralia this weekend?

not interested in naval base however, im not going on federal property again :/ even though it was cool to see.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
rista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #64
pmanliu
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #17965

My Ride:
2008 Infiniti FX35

im down for a weekday, love urban exploration. Need to get a better flashlight though, the little home depot 6 led aint cutting it.

Places ive explored

1. clinton rd, nj. Completely overrated, just your average spooky old road. Having grew up in NYC, it was interesting at first, but for anyone who lives in the quiet areas of PA its just another road... We did get chased by some locals in a old ford pickup though, that was interesting.

2. Abandoned Monastery, Staten Island NY – Now this was interesting. It is an abandoned monk monastery built decades ago before people had access to electricity. It is located on the top of a pretty big hill. Anyways, at first sight it just looks like an abandoned building 2 stories above ground. The fun part is that it is also 14 stories underground. We only made it to one level down before we realized that it was way too dangerous. Lack of electricity = no lights underground besides our flashlights. Additionally a lot of the wood floors/stairs were very old and beginning to break. If you fall through/walk into a hole, who knows how many stories you will drop before you hit a solid floor again. Additionally, some areas deeper underground are extremely flooded after accumulating rain for so many years. Not worth it to go deeper. According to some stories, on the last level underground was a jail cell where they housed an insane monk. The guy would claw at the walls and blood stain and marks are still there. To access the cell area, you have to crawl through an array of tunnels.
pmanliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #65
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

bump.... whos up for some cool october exploration?
Old 10-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #66
Frostedv40
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #24667

My Ride:
2010 Nissan Cube SL

Where? I've always wanted to do a little exploration.
Frostedv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #67
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
When?
Old 10-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #68
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
I've always wanted to get into it. You guys are a little far from me, but I'm definitely in for stories/pictures. I'd love to find stuff somewhat local to me to check out, be it buildings/roads/towns/structures/etc.
mckpat03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #69
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
lets go find some crack dens in trenton.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #70
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

Anyone know if any good factories, plants, etc? I used to go to an abandoned naval testing center in Ewing NJ a lot. I havent been and I'd imagine its nearly all gone by now. Greystone asylum was really good too, but that is also long gone.

The bigger the better... Thoughts?