TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 07:41 AM   #721
ViRuS
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15267

My Ride:
94 beretta, 93 s-10, 79 z28 camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysaywhat View Post
how about cars that dont have roofs? Eat me
hahahahhahahah!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:42 AM   #722
Fabian
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8246

My Ride:
1995 Talon TSI

Send a message via AIM to Fabian
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl View Post
honestly who wants to stand out in the rain? i could care less about the car getting wet, even though its brand new, but im not gonna drive all the way out there to hang outside in the rain. like b said the event was scheduled with a raindate. although it would suck if it rains on the rain date... rain rain rain date?

There were plenty of people who showed up last year even though it was raining. Everybody waited it out in the canopy and had a lot of fun joking around and kinda being forced to meet everybody else forced under the canopy. And then the sun broke out and was an awesome time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #723
DC5_Type_Slow
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #16087

My Ride:
SSM 05 K20z1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
We will be making the official call about holding the event on the original date or the raindate around noon on Saturday the 24th, the day before the event.

Its a tough situation to give people plenty of notice including those coming from out of town while still making an accurate call knowing the weather can change without notice.

Glad so many people are looking forward to the event as much as they are, which is where all of the strong opinions are coming from I guess, but the event was set up with a rain date from the start and it will be used if necessary; nothing is going to change that.

One more time, so hopefully everyone sees it among the pages and pages of posts discussing weather now...
We will be making the official call about holding the event on the original date or the raindate around noon on Saturday the 24th, the day before the event.
Okay, along with this statement from the guys running the show.

I Got at least 100 kids coming from Lehigh Valley. Tons of us never have off on Sundays. Personally Me and around 5 other kids work at the same place and had our General Manager ravage the schedule just to let us all have off the same day. She is willing to switch our schedules to may second instead if we tell her tonight.

To be honest. I'm not driving in the rain if its sunday and I'm not going to sit in my house on the 1st sunday i've had off in a year and a half.

Instead I'll just work my shift along with many of the people from our Lehigh Valley crew.

We all agree that it makes no sense not using the rain day.

DUDES ITS GOING TO POUR SATURDAY, ALL SUNDAY, INTO MONDAY

Who honestly wants to ride down to Morgantown in the pouring rain. IMO Why not with the windows down on a nice hot spring day.

In my and many other Valley kids opinion it only makes sense to change it to May 2nd.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DC5_Type-Slow
Old 04-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #724
supraghost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7051

My Ride:
2002 5mt IS300, 1995 s14

Send a message via AIM to supraghost
woot! scattered showers only 70% chance! its getting better

'92 festiva: BP 1.8l DOHC, garret gt2554r, mostly stock otherwise

Old 04-23-2010, 08:09 AM   #725
redg2
Tri-State Addict

Member #3899

My Ride:
Redg2

weather.com has the chance of rain at 30%..weather should be fine

Old 04-23-2010, 08:25 AM   #726
focusp71
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15898

My Ride:
2013 Ford Fusion Ecoboost

Quote:
Originally Posted by redg2 View Post
weather.com has the chance of rain at 30%..weather should be fine
for Saturday. not Sunday. weather.com says 70% for Sunday
Old 04-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #727
SE-R Altima
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7894

My Ride:
Altima SER 2005

It's gonna rain on sunday with wind. Anyone up for saturday?
TechnoSquare ECU And Dyno
Fusion 12"Sub
Old 04-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #728
kunt_masha
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #671

My Ride:
wide low dumb e30, heavy slow 350z

Send a message via AIM to kunt_masha
Stop pushing for Saturday.. That's not even an option
Old 04-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #729
Rey The Great
Tri-State Addict

Member #3905

My Ride:
scooby

Send a message via AIM to Rey The Great
Weatherman are always wrong. Well not always but you know what I mean. I seen times where it's suppose to rain abd it never does. So let ls hope they are wrong this time!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #730
OBEEWON
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1315

My Ride:
Lansdale Local

Send a message via MSN to OBEEWON
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysaywhat View Post
how about cars that dont have roofs? eat me
LOLOL

Better be a household name. / Weatherman telling us it ain't gon' rain. / So now we sitting in a drop-top, soaking wet / In a silk suit trying not to sweat. ...

Old 04-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #731
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

i know some people are going as long as the rain isn't horrible... there will still be a large turnout this weekend... just not the amount of people that are expected. so in essence... if the rain date is used, we'll have two sonic meets and sonic will be very happy w/ the amount of $$ they make
Old 04-23-2010, 09:52 AM   #732
OBEEWON
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1315

My Ride:
Lansdale Local

Send a message via MSN to OBEEWON
Bingo Bango. Two Sonic Meets

Old 04-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #733
CobaltSSChick
Tri-State Addict

Member #7048

My Ride:
2004 Subaru STi

Send a message via AIM to CobaltSSChick
I'd most likely still go even if it rained, I've been looking forward to this and having a weekend off...I rearranged my class schedule to have off for Sunday and unfortunately the rain date doesn't work for me since I have a class yet again that can't be pushed back, if I do, it'll push back my graduation date till late 2011 There's how many people that know about this, so my guess is like someone previously mentioned, there will probably be people that show up for the original date as well as the rain date. But the decision is up to Troll and we'll just have to sit tight and see what happens.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #734
Fabian
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8246

My Ride:
1995 Talon TSI

Send a message via AIM to Fabian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
i know some people are going as long as the rain isn't horrible... there will still be a large turnout this weekend... just not the amount of people that are expected. so in essence... if the rain date is used, we'll have two sonic meets and sonic will be very happy w/ the amount of $$ they make
Thats a good point. I bet a crapload of people will still go if it rains like they did last year. I guess we'll just all have to wait to listen for the raindate or not.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #735
bl@ckvr4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4236

My Ride:
1992 mitsubishi VR4

Looks like a low pressure front is coming in from Canada. PUSH THAT STORM OUT OF OUR WAY, LOW PRESSURE FRONT!
1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 =:No, it's not for sale.:=
Old 04-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #736
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

Switch it to the rain date! I just found out a tuning spot opened up for me with Jorge down at IAG on sunday. Thought I was gonna have to wait til next month for the tune.

hmmm... tune is at 11am and should only take an hour or so... and I'll be heading back up north right around the time things at sonic should be at full swing (regardless of the weather)... so maybe I'll just have to swing by after the tune either way. If it gets changed to the rain date I'll show up for that too.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #737
GTI_NY
Tri-State Addict

Member #7578

My Ride:
I'm Dubbin' It!

For me it is either going to be a 7 hour drive for a sweet car meet, or a 7 hour drive for some jalapeno poppers and a strawberry limeade.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #738
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_NY View Post
For me it is either going to be a 7 hour drive for a sweet car meet, or a 7 hour drive for some jalapeno poppers and a strawberry limeade.
haha, i like your style
Old 04-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #739
00GAGT
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8295

Send a message via AIM to 00GAGT
Well atleast i wouldnt be the only one going down if it rains on sunday it looks like....
Old 04-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #740
FijiBlueFG
Tri-State Addict

Member #15206

My Ride:
2006 Civic Si

Weather sucks...

Closed Thread