TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #1141
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

We need a TALL slot reciever that has good hands, nothing more really..I love curtis but he has been dropping some nice throws this year..Jackson should be with us for awhile, I see him doing very well as long as no one crushes him next year lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

peteyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #1142
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T and 2008 Honda CBR1000rr

Send a message via AIM to 2drStunner
You guys gotten lighten up a little. Trust me Mcnabb is by no means a great QB but he def above average. If the bounce-pass becomes legal then he would be prob the best QB ever but they still have allowed that. lol On that note trading him and starting Kolb is even a worse idea. Id say for now stick with Mcnabb and see what we can do.

Philadelphia QB Donovan McNabb got in trouble when he picked up the Giants bench phone after he went out of bounds. In his defense, McNabb was just calling the league office to ask how overtime works.
you're car looks so deliciously good possibly better then the cereal i'm about to eat.
2drStunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #1143
vwcorradokid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #177

My Ride:
'11 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson, '93 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGilb2007 View Post
I am kinda sure that person does not exist in the NFL, lol.

But yea, a big WR, who isn't a total douche, would be fantastic.
There are/were a few like that. The few that are left are up there in age and close to retirement. Jerry Rice is the perfect example. Down to earth guy who performed very well on the field.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #1144
marecco
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5649

My Ride:
1995 Del Sol

i think that they eagles should make a play for boldin and use lito as a bargaining chip. the arizona secondary could use help and boldin would be a great fit in the offense. and the teams would essentially be helping each other so maybe it would work out. doubt it but just a thought
Old 01-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #1145
vwcorradokid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #177

My Ride:
'11 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson, '93 Supra

I think we should make a move with Detroit, they obviously need some improvement in their offense. I would trade LJ Smith and Jason Avant for Calvin Johnson. He's a good receiver with height, size, power and speed. He averaged over 17 yards per reception this past season with 12 TDs. Between him and Jackson, Donovan would have a lot of options. Having both of them on the field would also open up the running game for Westbrook and Buckhalter since defenses would have to pull the safety back to help cover the 2 of them.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #1146
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Yeah, but really, who think LJ Smith is worth ANYTHING?

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #1147
marecco
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5649

My Ride:
1995 Del Sol

Calvin Johnson is about the only thing that detroit has going for them. i highly highly doubt they would let him go without getting a sh*tload in return for him.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #1148
OppositeLock
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #1357

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwcorradokid View Post
I think we should make a move with Detroit, they obviously need some improvement in their offense. I would trade LJ Smith and Jason Avant for Calvin Johnson.
Why would Detroit do that? I would like to see them grow some balls in the draft, especially if they are going to keep McNabb. They have 21, 28 and 60 in the first two rounds. I would like to see them package 21 and 28 to someone like the Seahawks at 4 and trade up for Crabtree who is 6'3-6'4 and 215-220 with great hands.

Brian Dawkins
John Runyan
Tra Thomas
LJ Smith
Corell Buckhalter

Out of this group, I think it will be Dawkins and Runyan that are definitely back, unless fixing Runyan's knee is a major surgery. I also think they will make a good run at Buckhalter, but someone will probably offer him a starting gig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdmFresh View Post
Just as all of you are I'm pissed and upset that they lost and after going so man years to keep losing is pathetic. But to the people that are saying get rid of Andy Reid and McNabb are just plain stupid. One it's not going to happen and two who will they replace them with? Right now there's no headcoach free that can replace Reid.
I have said the same about Reid many times this year and over the past couple of years, but he played a HUGE role in that loss. And that is not to take away from how well the Cards played, they played great. However, not going for two in a textbook situation and then missing the extra point deflated the team and pumped the Cards up. It was ridiculously conservative and frankly stupid. Add to this, that he consistently leaves the team with no timeouts when they need them and I am at the point where anyone else would be a welcome change. I wouldn't have even flown him home on the team plane, just fired him on the field.
OppositeLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #1149
marecco
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5649

My Ride:
1995 Del Sol

carbtree would also be a good addition i agree in that. and they need to try and keep buckhalter who knows how often westbrook is going to keep getting hurt or if he is starting to lose that quick burst.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #1150
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Doesn't it seem that Westbrook is hurt every week? I don't think he practiced at all the whole 2nd half of the season.

We need a good backup.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #1151
Kevin
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2345

My Ride:
EVO

Send a message via AIM to Kevin
This threads still alive?

Quote:
Thanks dude, you should know better than to think id ditch my dsm's for a vw... lol.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:01 PM   #1152
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
This threads still alive?
You still enjoy penis?

Old 01-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #1153
Kevin
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2345

My Ride:
EVO

Send a message via AIM to Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyREX View Post
You still enjoy penis?
I like mine and mine only. Ask ManlyMiata how she likes it if thats what your interested in hearing hahahaha

Quote:
Thanks dude, you should know better than to think id ditch my dsm's for a vw... lol.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #1154
MANLYmiata
Tri-State Addict

Member #9832

My Ride:
ZR1

8====D(_(_
8====D( . )( . )
8====D( v )
i love dat weener everywhere

MANLYmiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #1155
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
Brian Dawkins
John Runyan
Tra Thomas
LJ Smith
Corell Buckhalter

Dawk and Runyan will probably be back considering Runyan will be healthy for next season. If not he will probably retire anyway.

Thomas is gone, LJ is gone, Buckhalter I'd love to see stay but I doubt it.

We REALLY need two things.

We need a power back, and we need a another threatening reciever. Get rid of Baskett and Brown.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #1156
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

hey, question.... where can i find the official QB rank of McNabb for last season?

i guess this is pretty official?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../players/4650/

Last edited by Scapegoat; 04-14-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #1157
DaBombDiggidy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10372

My Ride:
2004 SRT

^ yeah he had a pretty good season, like he always has. hes the best qb our franchise has ever had and were not going to just get another super star from nothing. i love how all these anti mcnabb people think we should get rid of him, our team would have been in the cellar for years.

on that note

hey guys... if we dont pick up boldin who wants 2 jump ship and become a lion fan, because the eagles heads seem to like sitting just above mediocre.

Quote:
-car guy to car guy "Biggest let down ever... its rear wheel drive but barely pushing 200 hp..."
-comment from non car enthusiast "I didn't know you could even be let down by a Scion....."
DaBombDiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #1158
DaBombDiggidy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10372

My Ride:
2004 SRT

JASON PETERS BABY!!! i think the eagles will now have to invest in getting one of those bean bag chairs for mcnabb to take a seat with all the time he will have in the pocket.

Jason Peters – LT
Todd Herremans – LG
Jamaal Jackson/Nick Cole – C
Shawn Andrews – RG
Stacy Andrews – RT

Rest of the NFL: Fear.

Quote:
-car guy to car guy "Biggest let down ever... its rear wheel drive but barely pushing 200 hp..."
-comment from non car enthusiast "I didn't know you could even be let down by a Scion....."

Last edited by DaBombDiggidy; 04-17-2009 at 05:00 PM.
DaBombDiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote