TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > [TST] Vendors > Bonehead Performance
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 06-24-2005, 12:52 AM   #1
99ElectronBlueCivicSi
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #273

Send a message via AIM to 99ElectronBlueCivicSi
Powdercoating My Valve Cover

i wanan get my valve cover powdercoated its black now im gonna either have it redone black or have it done red how much would it be? and how long would u have to have it for?
99ElectronBlueCivicSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:14 AM   #2
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:
08 Sienna Limited AWD, 07 John Deere riding mower, 03 Honda Pilot, 92 GSX

Send a message via AIM to 2point4DSM
I just got mine re-done. I got it off ebay and while I was installing it I put masking tape on it for some reason. When the tape came off so did some of the powercoating... poop!

Bonehead fixed it, thanks! Cost $50 + $20 to polish the letters. June special took 10% off. Took 3 days.

I'm very happy with it.

Wil

ps, beware of ebay powdercoating!!!
2point4DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:54 PM   #3
boneheadperformance
Vendor

Member #382

Send a message via AIM to boneheadperformance
Just to let everyone know I did not powder coat 2point4DSm's valve cover originally. I had to fix an Ebayer's mistake. I stand behind my work and in 3 years I have never seen any powder coated item I have done, peel up or crack.

As, for 99ElectronBlueCivicSi, I can get your cover done in about 2-3 days. Black and red's are the same cost- unlesss you go with a candy red which is a 2 step process. Looks like a red chrome when applied- real sweet. $50 for a 4 cylinder valve cover (add 50% if you want a candy color) $20 to polish the letters if you want. Give me a call at 215-295-4350
boneheadperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 02:19 PM   #4
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:
08 Sienna Limited AWD, 07 John Deere riding mower, 03 Honda Pilot, 92 GSX

Send a message via AIM to 2point4DSM
My valve cover was originally done by SM polishing. I think they are in NC. They were selling DSM valve covers on ebay. They had an excellent rating at the time so I got one. Eventually I realized it sucked. The powdercoating came off with masking tape and eventually started to peel bubble in other spots over two years.

Chuck at Bonehead showed me what went wrong. Apparently, this OTHER place didn't bother to prep the cover properly. Bonehead redid it the right way and it looks 100x better. I'm looking forward to having more stuff done with them eventually.

Thanks again.

Wil
2point4DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:17 AM   #5
99ElectronBlueCivicSi
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #273

Send a message via AIM to 99ElectronBlueCivicSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheadperformance
Just to let everyone know I did not powder coat 2point4DSm's valve cover originally. I had to fix an Ebayer's mistake. I stand behind my work and in 3 years I have never seen any powder coated item I have done, peel up or crack.

As, for 99ElectronBlueCivicSi, I can get your cover done in about 2-3 days. Black and red's are the same cost- unlesss you go with a candy red which is a 2 step process. Looks like a red chrome when applied- real sweet. $50 for a 4 cylinder valve cover (add 50% if you want a candy color) $20 to polish the letters if you want. Give me a call at 215-295-4350
thanks man ill deff let u know it would be regular red and id prob end up getting the letters polished but i have ur # ill call up the shop one day and let u know if im gonna do it
99ElectronBlueCivicSi is offline   Reply With Quote