TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
mgrinshpon
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14100

My Ride:
2003 Mazda Protege5, 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air

Send a message via AIM to mgrinshpon Send a message via MSN to mgrinshpon
Worst/most insane idea for a modification?

What's the most absolutely bat**** insane idea any of you have ever had for doing to a car?

I was looking at GM bellhousing patterns to do an unwise engine swap into a '55 Chevy Bel Air when I noticed that Cadillac Northstar V8s have the same pattern (or at least can be fit) as the transaxle on a Pontiac G6. With 8.8 liters and 16 cylinders and 4WD, what could go wrong? I'd simply move the gas tank(s)/fuel cells to the rear seat location and get some slightly modified springs to handle a bit better, plus some heavy fabrication of the steering column and frame and another radiator sucking air in from some vents that'll have to be put in the side through the use of fiberglass body panels and oh god, this'll never work on my budget. However, it could if someone would be willing to sink the money and time into it. Obviously the rear suspension would have to be redesigned so it doesn't have an attachment for a steering thing on it but all in all, it could work, and well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mgrinshpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #2
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Raised compression in my old LT1 Camaro(milled heads)... then added a supercharger and NO2. Can you say boom? I didn't think it out very well.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:53 AM   #3
Nick 95 6sp
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3675

My Ride:
'95 Supra Turbo 6sp

Back in the late '60's and early '70's I always wanted to throw a 426 Hemi into a '62 Corvette. Now in hindsight that seems sort of crazy.
Nick 95 6sp is offline   Reply With Quote