TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Regional (Yup, Tri-State is really Five-State) > Pennsylvania
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 12:26 AM   #21
alltrac st165
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #14557

My Ride:
1988 toyota celica alltrac

You would fail for tampering even if the CEL wasn't on. Removing the EGR or other emissions components makes you fail the visual inspection. Some places me be lenient or not see whats missing. I dunno, I'd say get it inspected then swap out what you want, It'll give you another year to figure out how to get it to pass or find someone to pass it for you.
alltrac st165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #22
terfer
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8626

My Ride:
Turbo Benz & Evo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltrac st165 View Post
You would fail for tampering even if the CEL wasn't on. Removing the EGR or other emissions components makes you fail the visual inspection. Some places me be lenient or not see whats missing. I dunno, I'd say get it inspected then swap out what you want, It'll give you another year to figure out how to get it to pass or find someone to pass it for you.
CEL is not on.....it's completely different from the cel...TPMS = tire pressure monitoring system btw...has nothing to do with emissions.

I don't get why vehicles without TPMS systems would be ok but me having a TPMS system that is not put to use would fail....I guess the only way is if I call a place and ask....
Too many Evo's
terfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #23
alltrac st165

Member #14557

My Ride:
1988 toyota celica alltrac

I'm a tech lol I know about tpms I was just saying even with no codes at all it would fail visual inspection. I'm not sure about the tire light making it fail though. I always just reset it and pass the car after I set the pressures. Are you rolling on rims that don't have the sensors in em?
alltrac st165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #24
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs

Send a message via AIM to Supraru
You're not going to fail because of your tpms light on. Pretty sure you can't fail someone for that. If the light was on I may check all the pressures. If the are fine then obviously they aren't in there or there is a malfunction. I may try to sell the customer the work to fix it but I can't fail them for it. Tpms is a dummy light. The main concern is the condition of the tire. If it's filled properly and has plenty of tread that's all you need to know.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #25
terfer
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8626

My Ride:
Turbo Benz & Evo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltrac st165 View Post
I'm a tech lol I know about tpms I was just saying even with no codes at all it would fail visual inspection. I'm not sure about the tire light making it fail though. I always just reset it and pass the car after I set the pressures. Are you rolling on rims that don't have the sensors in em?
Oh haha sorry, I was just wondering why you started speaking about emissions so I thought maybe you misunderstood what I was talking about. Yea the rims, simply don't have sensors in them so the light is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
You're not going to fail because of your tpms light on. Pretty sure you can't fail someone for that. If the light was on I may check all the pressures. If the are fine then obviously they aren't in there or there is a malfunction. I may try to sell the customer the work to fix it but I can't fail them for it. Tpms is a dummy light. The main concern is the condition of the tire. If it's filled properly and has plenty of tread that's all you need to know.
Tires are new and filled properly...just missing the sensors which throws the light.
Too many Evo's
terfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #26
09civicsisedan
Tri-State Addict

Member #10467

My Ride:
What month is it?

Send a message via AIM to 09civicsisedan
yeah, I'm getting tired of this emission crap lol.

I have a catless DP, doesn't throw a code, but the monitors aren't ready for it??

It's that monitor and the EVAP monitor - again, no CEL (from my understanding the monitor for EVAP is rarely ready unless driven for a while before taking it in to the inspection shop).

I know a guy that can pass the visual for me.

FML
Old 06-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #27
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs

Send a message via AIM to Supraru
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09civicsisedan View Post
yeah, I'm getting tired of this emission crap lol.

I have a catless DP, doesn't throw a code, but the monitors aren't ready for it??

It's that monitor and the EVAP monitor - again, no CEL (from my understanding the monitor for EVAP is rarely ready unless driven for a while before taking it in to the inspection shop).

I know a guy that can pass the visual for me.

FML
Uhh so you have zero codes but your evap is the only monitor that isn't set? I am reading that correctly right? If so you're ready for inspection. You are allowed 1 monitor not set.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:44 AM   #28
09civicsisedan
Tri-State Addict

Member #10467

My Ride:
What month is it?

Send a message via AIM to 09civicsisedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
Uhh so you have zero codes but your evap is the only monitor that isn't set? I am reading that correctly right? If so you're ready for inspection. You are allowed 1 monitor not set.
Zero codes, but EVAP AND Rear 02 monitor are in not ready.

2 monitors not ready, but no freaking CEL.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #29
enohand
Tri-State Addict

Member #2644

My Ride:
1996 p10

Send a message via AIM to enohand
yeah im in the same boat.....i throw a CEL for my flywheel,

i have been tryin to get around it for some time.... but no luck

my next adventure is to finish wirting my ODBII emulator app, then il hook up a serial cable to a dummy ODBII sensor, & then hvae my laptop push out signla that all monitors are ready & therfor i should pass....but i am having some issues with this process...since the ODBII protocol is so locked down....& i dont feel like reverse engineering my ECU code...

so now i GET stickers.....but its getting Harder & Harder...since Harrisburg now keeps a inventory on all stickers & each shop that has them. it used to be only 120, but this last time it was 150, so the price is going up & most shops arent givin stickers out, since harrisburg is giving out HEAVY fines on this stuff

Last edited by enohand; 06-18-2010 at 02:01 PM.
enohand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #30
Y2KFirehawk

Member #16874

My Ride:
2000 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk

I did the same on my car and have no issues with inspection. (LT's, !AIR, !EGR) As others have mentioned, it's a matter of having the various equipment tuned out to not throw a CEL and you should be good to go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- Arctic White
2011 Lincoln MKZ AWD A6 - Tuxedo Black
2016 Ford Expedition Limited A6 - Platinum White
Y2KFirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote