TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > European > BMW Talk
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 02:28 AM   #1
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
E36 M3 question

So I know the eurospec one puts out 321bhp, and our 3.2L only made 240. My question is what needs to be done to make it eurospec or better? and what are the differences between the euro and US 3.2L?
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubz View Post
So I know the eurospec one puts out 321bhp, and our 3.2L only made 240. My question is what needs to be done to make it eurospec or better? and what are the differences between the euro and US 3.2L?
You would need to swap in the euro motor. The motors, from what understand, aren't compatible enough to swap parts...especially the itb's that the euro motor has (although I think a couple people spent a **** load of time, money, and fabrication to make them work).

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
bmwidmer
Noob-Jersey

Member #15193

My Ride:
2000 Subaru RSTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by twastheglow View Post
You would need to swap in the euro motor. The motors, from what understand, aren't compatible enough to swap parts...especially the itb's that the euro motor has (although I think a couple people spent a **** load of time, money, and fabrication to make them work).
Thats a great question ndubz but twastheglow is right it will take a lot of fabrication and funds to get it there. Your best bet would be to build your current s50/52 m3 variation or swap to a euro spec or a e46 m3 motor since the prices are dropping significantly on the 2001-2006 variation. Unfortunately prices on the European motor are still high with importing fee's and everything. I wanted ITB's on all of my swapped e30's but i always spent money on different modifications since i didnt need more power.
bmwidmer is offline   Reply With Quote